Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? 20:08 - Feb 16 with 1754 viewsDylanP

1. Cross from Manning on the left to Hugill, Hugill lifts over the bar from one yard out.
2. First goal came from his run and crisply weighted pass to Hugill. Hugill slots home.
3. Neat backheal to put Pugh through in the box Pugh hits tamely at goalie.
4. Ball charged down in defense. Manning races downfield and puts the ball through to Eze (someone else may also have been involved) whose shot is tipped over the bar.
5. Short corner passed on to Manning whose shot is parried into the path of Chair, who slots home for goal number 4.

Did I miss anything?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 20:22 - Feb 16 with 1718 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Think you got them all, except for a lovely free swung in from the left after 65-70 minutes. Didn't result in a shot on goal but it was a great chance. Set pieces were good from him yesterday.

I've been perhaps harsher on Manning than most. I see the potential, but he's old enough now to sort out the concentration issues and also to cut out the diving.

Yesterday was a serious performance. It's what he's capable of, he should be proud, and he should set it as his benchmark.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 20:26 - Feb 16 with 1708 viewsTacticalR

Ireland's greatest chance machine.

We looked better with him taking free kicks from the left rather than Eze trying to do everything.

Air hostess clique

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 23:34 - Feb 16 with 1579 viewsNortholt_Rs

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 20:22 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Think you got them all, except for a lovely free swung in from the left after 65-70 minutes. Didn't result in a shot on goal but it was a great chance. Set pieces were good from him yesterday.

I've been perhaps harsher on Manning than most. I see the potential, but he's old enough now to sort out the concentration issues and also to cut out the diving.

Yesterday was a serious performance. It's what he's capable of, he should be proud, and he should set it as his benchmark.

This.It was great to see him have a really good game for us again. Let’s hope he keeps that form up.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 00:28 - Feb 17 with 1553 viewsPunteR

Hes a good player. Really like Manning. That ball for Hugill was sweet as.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 01:48 - Feb 17 with 1531 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 20:26 - Feb 16 by TacticalR

Ireland's greatest chance machine.

We looked better with him taking free kicks from the left rather than Eze trying to do everything.

While he is from Galway and pulled on the green shirt at underage he will never play under Mick McCarthy I fear TacticalR even if by some miracle they make the Euros.However next year Stephen Kenny takes over and I would expect an immediate call up.
His delivers has great zip and a leftie in swinger causes nightmares for keepers IMO.
Eze is overworked and if allowed to roam free in the box waiting for set pieces he will attract a lot of attention which is good for us
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 1333 viewsDavieQPR

It is his defensive side and number of free kicks he gives away that will stop him playing for Ireland.
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 10:46 - Feb 17 with 1261 viewsrsonist

He's a potent weapon at wingback but it's a demanding position collectively and individually and I still feel the team needs more drilling as whole to cover its vulnerabilities. Not impossible though when you see the trends at higher levels - see Saka for Arsenal yesterday for instance. (Could argue Manning doesn't overlap enough!)

I can't see him in deeper midfield but when Eze goes then Samuel Chair Manning behind the front man does have a nice look to it though.
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 12:34 - Feb 17 with 1190 viewsRBlock

I definitely prefer Manning set pieces to Eze ones, who tends to float them in. Manning on the other hand puts a bit more venom on them. I'd like to see Chair given the chance to put one in occasionally, given how well he cab strike a ball.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:26 - Feb 17 with 1079 viewsterryb

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 09:34 - Feb 17 by DavieQPR

It is his defensive side and number of free kicks he gives away that will stop him playing for Ireland.

How does James Mclean get selected then?

Manning is a far better defender than him, a better creator of chances & possibly gives away less free kicks!

Mind you, I understand that Doherty isn't first choice & that is far more mystifying!
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 17:37]
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 1067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:26 - Feb 17 by terryb

How does James Mclean get selected then?

Manning is a far better defender than him, a better creator of chances & possibly gives away less free kicks!

Mind you, I understand that Doherty isn't first choice & that is far more mystifying!
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 17:37]

McClean normally plays further forward, Terry, though he hasn't been playing well for years.

Doherty is a regular at right-back finally. Coleman was captain and had been undroppable despite struggling to recover his best form since the leg break, but Doherty seems to be in now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:47 - Feb 17 with 1054 viewsterryb

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:40 - Feb 17 by BrianMcCarthy

McClean normally plays further forward, Terry, though he hasn't been playing well for years.

Doherty is a regular at right-back finally. Coleman was captain and had been undroppable despite struggling to recover his best form since the leg break, but Doherty seems to be in now.

Cheers Brian,

I thought Docherty only started the last game due to Coleman being suspended?

Surely Manning would be better than McClean as a left sided midfielder though? I admir I'm only judging this on when Mc plays against Rangers!
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 1040 viewsrsonist

Yeah see Doherty is not a great defender. Been getting plenty of flak from Wolves fans this season in fact. Structurally though Nuno has them sound as a pound.
Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 866 viewsrsonist

Manning: How Many Chances Did He Create? on 10:46 - Feb 17 by rsonist

He's a potent weapon at wingback but it's a demanding position collectively and individually and I still feel the team needs more drilling as whole to cover its vulnerabilities. Not impossible though when you see the trends at higher levels - see Saka for Arsenal yesterday for instance. (Could argue Manning doesn't overlap enough!)

I can't see him in deeper midfield but when Eze goes then Samuel Chair Manning behind the front man does have a nice look to it though.

Saka a matchwinner again for Arsenal yesterday despite Arteta stating that he's not a fullback. Xhaka under specific orders to drop back to cover him when forward on the overlap. Something to think about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024