Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR, biggest joke EVER! 17:05 - Feb 23 with 495 viewsgerry_us

Bournemouth score only for VAR to take everything back to the other end to award a penalty to Southampton at which they score.
Question?? How much further can you go back for a VAR decision...the dressing room...before the match?
Please U's, don't ever get into the Prem. It ain't football any more.
VAR, biggest joke EVER! on 09:26 - Feb 24 with 463 viewsGOSBTS

If we do have VAR, then personally I think it was right for Mike Dean to pull play back IF there was an infringement in the box. The exact same scenario happened last season when Brighton played Burnley. We were 2-0 down when a Burnley play literally scooped the ball around with his arm in the penalty area. Ref didn't see it and Burnley went straight down the other end on the counter and got a penno. What should have been a penalty to us to cut the deficit down to 2-1 ended up in Burnley scoring theirs and going 3-0 up and out of sight. It's about 1:45 mins in on this video (h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp4Djdufi9o)

However in the Burnley Bournemouth case I don't think there was an infringement at all as that in my opinion was never handball. The handball rule needs to be reviewed, the offside rule needs to be reviewed and whilst I think it was right for this to be looked at by VAR in this case, I do agree with your main point Gerry. VAR is spoiling the game we love. Better application of it would certainly be an improvement (World Cup style), but even so, I think I'd rather go back to the days of leaving a game fuming at a referee's decision rather than a VAR decision!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 9:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024