Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane not able... 23:25 - Feb 25 with 5761 viewsLblock

Apologies first... yes I should be basking in the glory of a win against WRDC with some fine attacking football but I have to say it.

Kane was woeful

Everything bar one tackle went wrong for him. He looked completely bereft and couldn’t get anything right.
If he’d offered me a lift home I’d of sooner walked and I have serious concerns he could go to put his key in the front door when he gets home and end up having his own eye out.

I’m sure I liked what I saw at the start of the season, bit suss defensively but got forward really well and put some great crosses in. A shadow of that now.

Hope he can regroup over the summer and has a great 46 next season. I quite like him but he’s had some right stinkers of late which has you lamenting Rangels age

And now back to..... Eze’s too good for you...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kane not able... on 23:31 - Feb 25 with 3552 viewssmegma

How can one person regroup ?? A group is more than one person.

Did you walk home tonight ??
Kane not able... on 23:35 - Feb 25 with 3505 viewsLblock

Kane not able... on 23:31 - Feb 25 by smegma

How can one person regroup ?? A group is more than one person.

Did you walk home tonight ??

There’s a wonderful world of metaphors out there.....

I drove. The heated seats and steering wheel particularly welcome.

Kane not able... on 23:37 - Feb 25 with 3495 viewssmegma

There's metaphors and there's talking crap.
Kane not able... on 23:38 - Feb 25 with 3477 viewsLblock

Kane not able... on 23:37 - Feb 25 by smegma

There's metaphors and there's talking crap.

So you thought he had a good game then?

Allow yourself to reflect on his 90
Regroup your thoughts

Then share

Kane not able... on 23:58 - Feb 25 with 3396 viewsplasmahoop

I don't think it would be fair to say everything went wrong for him. He is better going forwards then defending, but was he really that bad? I can't say I noticed, which whilst I might be unobservant, but maybe he wasn't bad. We've won, and conceded one. Don't think thr goal was his fault, or I can think of other chances they had that weren't either. Give the guy a break
Kane not able... on 00:03 - Feb 26 with 3362 viewsLeedsR

Sure he wasn’t perfect, gave away a few silly balls and needs to improve his positioning defensively, but with some guidance from someone like Angel, he should improve. He has the tools and I think it was him that put a lovely ball over for Pugh to smash (for once!) towards the Derby keeper, who did well to save it.

Jury’s still out for me, but in a hopeful optimistic way!
Kane not able... on 00:19 - Feb 26 with 3311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Woeful seems harsh to me. Played like a 26 year old free transfer from Hull. 5/10.
Kane not able... on 00:27 - Feb 26 with 3283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He was alright today, LB.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Kane not able... on 00:34 - Feb 26 with 3263 viewssmegma

" a bit suss defensively but got forward really well and put some great crosses in. A shadow of that now" .

As mentioned, the best cross all night was when Clarke laid it to him and he pinged a 40 yard cross to Pugh for a volley that the keeper did well to save. And to call his performance woeful is very harsh. I don't think he was MOTM by a long chalk but he wasn't woeful. And a player who others say was MOTM was the one at fault for the goal. Maybe Kane can be our latest scapegoat.
Kane not able... on 00:40 - Feb 26 with 3244 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane not able... on 00:34 - Feb 26 by smegma

" a bit suss defensively but got forward really well and put some great crosses in. A shadow of that now" .

As mentioned, the best cross all night was when Clarke laid it to him and he pinged a 40 yard cross to Pugh for a volley that the keeper did well to save. And to call his performance woeful is very harsh. I don't think he was MOTM by a long chalk but he wasn't woeful. And a player who others say was MOTM was the one at fault for the goal. Maybe Kane can be our latest scapegoat.

What MOTM candidate was at fault for a goal, kid?

Kane not able... on 00:45 - Feb 26 with 3224 viewsdannyblue

Kane was fine today. He doesn’t have the football class of the others on the pitch. Intelligence, awareness, and (learned, worked for) instinct are not comparable, either with or without the ball. But he has pace and one in three crosses are good. He’ll do for our aspirations.
Kane not able... on 00:46 - Feb 26 with 3223 viewssmegma

Kane not able... on 00:40 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

What MOTM candidate was at fault for a goal, kid?

Ball seemed to lose his man at the corner .
Kane not able... on 00:52 - Feb 26 with 3211 viewsVancouverHoop

I don't like calling out individual players, it's a team game and needs to viewed and analysed that way. However I tend to agree with the opening post. RB has been consistently weak for weeks, pretty much every time Angel's not occupying it. I agree, Kane can pass the ball and is very decent going forward. But (and it's a serious one) he is weak defensively, and that should – even in this day and age – be the first requirement of a full back. He loses his man too often, doesn't tackle authoritatively, and frequently draws team-mates out of position to cover for him, as was the case with BOS and Hall tonight. I understand that there may be no choice – though can Kakay be that bad? – But it's position that needs serious attention in the off-season, because even though Kane has a four-year contract (according to Wiki,) I'm not sure he's likely to improve enough in that time to keep playing.
Kane not able... on 01:10 - Feb 26 with 3178 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane not able... on 00:46 - Feb 26 by smegma

Ball seemed to lose his man at the corner .

That was a genuine question, Smegma. I thought it was Pugh picking him up who jumped well but wasn't tall enough. I did say at the time that I'd like to study the match-ups again.

Kane not able... on 01:28 - Feb 26 with 3153 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane not able... on 00:19 - Feb 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Woeful seems harsh to me. Played like a 26 year old free transfer from Hull. 5/10.

This.

(yes, Comrade Bazza, I'm agreeing with you. Don't adjust your television set!)
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 1:36]
Kane not able... on 01:37 - Feb 26 with 3134 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane not able... on 01:10 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

That was a genuine question, Smegma. I thought it was Pugh picking him up who jumped well but wasn't tall enough. I did say at the time that I'd like to study the match-ups again.

Derby's goal was one of those occasions where you ask yourself, why do we not have men on the posts anymore?
Kane not able... on 01:46 - Feb 26 with 3112 viewssmegma

Kane not able... on 01:37 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Derby's goal was one of those occasions where you ask yourself, why do we not have men on the posts anymore?

Ive been saying that all season.
Kane not able... on 07:30 - Feb 26 with 2860 viewsThGrimRanger

Kane not able... on 00:52 - Feb 26 by VancouverHoop

I don't like calling out individual players, it's a team game and needs to viewed and analysed that way. However I tend to agree with the opening post. RB has been consistently weak for weeks, pretty much every time Angel's not occupying it. I agree, Kane can pass the ball and is very decent going forward. But (and it's a serious one) he is weak defensively, and that should – even in this day and age – be the first requirement of a full back. He loses his man too often, doesn't tackle authoritatively, and frequently draws team-mates out of position to cover for him, as was the case with BOS and Hall tonight. I understand that there may be no choice – though can Kakay be that bad? – But it's position that needs serious attention in the off-season, because even though Kane has a four-year contract (according to Wiki,) I'm not sure he's likely to improve enough in that time to keep playing.

good post. it’s no coincidence that kane didn’t start in the clean sheet away games at swansea and forrest. getting a decent replacement right back might make the difference between mid table and play offs next season.

TheGrimRanger

Kane not able... on 07:36 - Feb 26 with 2832 viewsloneranger1

Me three... EDIT: about having no-one on posts
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 7:40]
Kane not able... on 07:36 - Feb 26 with 2829 viewsloneranger1

Ha! Yes, exactly that
Kane not able... on 07:39 - Feb 26 with 2818 viewspaulparker

Kane not able... on 01:37 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

I said the same as soon as it went in, if Manning was there it’s an easy block
As for Kane he was poor the first half but grew a bit more into the game the second , he always starts a game imo like he is unfit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kane not able... on 07:48 - Feb 26 with 2763 viewsmcqpr10

I thought Kane was ok today, defo lacking a bit of confidence but no surprises there considering how quickly we can turn on our own as a fan base. Remember people criticizing eze last year. Fact is we have a small budget these days so we have to work with who we have and try and support them.

Watched in the the school end lower yesterday. Fascinating to see how much the players were berating each other right at the end. Manning was getting coated a lot, think the other players are more than aware his positioning and defending can be a bit off. Hall screamed at Kelly for not coming for a corner and Cameron seems the leader in there with Ball. They definitely care though and are a passionate bunch.
Kane not able... on 08:09 - Feb 26 with 2704 viewsRblockPrior

I thought Kane did quite well, made some good challenges and whipped an incredible ball in for Pugh which so nearly went in, problem is when fans dislike a player any mistake is magnified

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Kane not able... on 08:13 - Feb 26 with 2689 viewsCamberleyR

He was signed from Ch*ls**. He was on loan at Hull.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kane not able... on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 2632 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kane not able... on 08:13 - Feb 26 by CamberleyR

He was signed from Ch*ls**. He was on loan at Hull.

I stand corrected
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024