Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park 21:31 - Mar 6 with 885 viewsdurham_exile

JM and his charges must put the disappointment of their performance and result against Cheltenham to one side and instead, for his 200th managerial game in charge, find a way to grind out a positive result at Brunton Park Carlisle on Saturday.

JM age 47 has managed 199 games for Colchester since taking over from Kevin Keen with 74 wins, 55 draws and 71 losses, a win percentage of 37.

As a player he made 489 appearances — 233 for Tranmere between 1990-99, 150 for Ipswich Town from 1999-2004 and 106 for Burnley between 2004-07.
Congratulations on the milestone JM, let’s make sure it is remembered with win number 75.

The table is beginning to suggest five teams vying for the top three automatic promotion spots whilst the other 4 teams are jockeying for the two remaining places in the top seven and therefore play off positions.

Swindon 35 69
Crewe 36 66
Plymouth 36 65
Exeter 36 65
Cheltenham 35 63
Northampton 36 58
Port Vale 36 56
COL U 36 55
Bradford 36 54

Quite simply two will miss out altogether and if we do make the top seven then the semi final and final will not be easy games. I reckon Northampton and Port Vale will miss out and the top three at present will go up automatically, therefore the play offs will be contested by Exeter, Cheltenham, Bradford and Colchester.

We will play Cheltenham and Exeter will play Bradford. Colchester and Bradford will meet at Wembley. Maybe time for my medicine!!!!

Remaining fixtures:

Swindon 1st 11 to play
FGR H
Oldham A
Stevenage A
Crawley H
Salford H
Walsall A
Mansfield A
Cheltenham H
Morecambe A
Orient H
Macclesfield A

Crewe 2nd — 10 to play
Stevenage H
Mansfield A
COL U A
FGR H
Port Vale A
Northampton H
Newport H
Bradford A
Grimsby H
Cambridge A

Plymouth 3rd — 10 to play
Macclesfield H
Morecambe A
Orient A
Exeter H
Grimsby A
FGR H
Walsall A
Northampton H
Oldham A
Port Vale H

Exeter 4th — 10 to play
Walsall A
Salford H
Scunny H
Plymouth A
Bradford H
Cheltenham A
Morecambe H
Mansfield A
Carlisle H
Orient A

Cheltenham 5th — 11 to play
Port Vale H
Cambridge A
Macclesfield A
Grimsby H
Newport H
FGR A
Exeter H
Swindon A
Crawley H
Stevenage A
Salford H

Northampton 6th — 10 to play
Mansfield H
FGR A
Carlisle H
Cambridge A
Oldham H
Crewe A
COL U H
Plymouth A
Bradford H
Newport A

Port Vale 7th — 10 to play
Cheltenham A
Crawley H
Bradford H
Oldham A
Crewe H
Carlisle A
Grimsby H
Cambridge A
Newport H
Plymouth A

Colchester United 8th — 10 cup finals to play
Carlisle A
Scunny H
Crewe H
Newport A
Mansfield H
Bradford A
Northampton A
Oldham H
Walsall A
FGR H

Bradford 9th — 10 to play
Salford A
Orient H
Port Vale A
Macclesfield H
Exeter A
COL U H
FGR A
Crewe H
Northampton A
Walsall H

Anyway, enough of the fixtures it is still in our own hands, but we must garner a minimum of 20 points to guarantee a top seven place.

Carlisle are beginning to play under Chris Beech and they also have had good news this week about injuries. Losing Hallam Hope to Swindon was a blow to them but they have adapted well.

Colchester faithful will be aware of that famous game in April 2013 when we had to win at Brunton Park and did so 2-0 under Joe Dunne. However, I remember an even better performance and victory under (and whisper it Paul Lambert before he went over to the dark side) it was 2009 and we also won 2-0 that day. We controlled the game from start to finish and won at a canter.

The match that we do not talk about was in December 2018 when we lost 4-0 in horrendous conditions and my younger son and I had to drive back along the A69 and down the A1 because the A66 was blocked by snow.

Tomorrow I reckon we will prevail 2-0 (our favourite scoreline).

Now JM only has long term absentee Paris Cowan-Hall missing even Tom Lapslie and new boy Miles Welch-Hayes are fit and could feature. Omar Sowunmi is suspended of course.

No messing about tomorrow 4,4,2:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall

Poku Pell Stevenson Harriott

Robinson Norris

Subs:

Welch-Hayes Gambin Senior Ross Nouble Comley Lapslie

Carlisle weather looks like 10 degrees Celsius tomorrow with rain showers and occasional sunny intervals. Not as breezy as normal in Cumbria, however.

10 games to play and it is all about whether we want promotion or not. The talking has got to end, and we must start to obtain the results that we require, otherwise it will be another season of failure.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful, hopefully the A66/ M6 will behave itself. Certainly, the weather today after a frosty start has been relatively mild and sunny.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 21:38 - Mar 6 with 882 viewsgerry_us

McG only 200 games in charge? Seems like a lot more!
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:17 - Mar 7 with 846 viewsGOSBTS

Brilliant preview as ever Durham. I have a good feeling about this one and certainly believe we will pick up at least a point, if not three. Almost as important is Cheltenham's clash against Port Vale, which after last weekend's results, I thoroughly now hope the Robins will win.

Of all potential playoff opponents I think Cheltenham are the team I'd least want the U's to face!

I'm off to Portman Road today to watch Town play Coventry with some friends from church. Have a soft spot for Coventry and my wife has plans elsewhere so thought I'd pop along. Should be an interesting atmosphere considering how disgruntled many Town fans are!
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:54 - Mar 7 with 840 viewsMoor_Pinot

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:17 - Mar 7 by GOSBTS

Brilliant preview as ever Durham. I have a good feeling about this one and certainly believe we will pick up at least a point, if not three. Almost as important is Cheltenham's clash against Port Vale, which after last weekend's results, I thoroughly now hope the Robins will win.

Of all potential playoff opponents I think Cheltenham are the team I'd least want the U's to face!

I'm off to Portman Road today to watch Town play Coventry with some friends from church. Have a soft spot for Coventry and my wife has plans elsewhere so thought I'd pop along. Should be an interesting atmosphere considering how disgruntled many Town fans are!

Best wishes GOSsie, I hope the disgruntlement you detect reaches the stratosphere.

Cheltenham were probably the best all-round equipped side for lg 1 football that we have played this season. We barely caused them any bother after 25 minutes. Experience, strength and tactically superior to our team. They may go up automatically as they are more consistent than the sides above them.

Durham's magnificent preview shows Bradford and Port Vale to have more of the top sides to play than anyone whilst Swinedon only seem to have one top ten side to play. Strange that we beat them so easily twice!

Moor Pinot

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:19 - Mar 7 with 833 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:17 - Mar 7 by GOSBTS

GOSBTS - I am convinced that with 10 games to play for most teams there will be twists and turns. Every season one team goes into the play offs with momentum and that often proves pivotal.

Cheltenham have not experienced their "wobble" as yet and they have Exeter and Swindon to play and the local derby against FGR will be no push over. Three defeats will dent their hopes just as it has ours.

The Port Vale game is huge also.

Enjoy the Poorman Road game another home defeat will cause more unrest and the crowd will dwindle further.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:23 - Mar 7 with 831 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:54 - Mar 7 by Moor_Pinot

Best wishes GOSsie, I hope the disgruntlement you detect reaches the stratosphere.

Cheltenham were probably the best all-round equipped side for lg 1 football that we have played this season. We barely caused them any bother after 25 minutes. Experience, strength and tactically superior to our team. They may go up automatically as they are more consistent than the sides above them.

Durham's magnificent preview shows Bradford and Port Vale to have more of the top sides to play than anyone whilst Swinedon only seem to have one top ten side to play. Strange that we beat them so easily twice!

Pinault enjoy the game today.

The fixtures are intriguing and regardless of league position every team has at least pride to play for.

Brunton Park will be wet, breezy and occasional sunny interval. It was ever so in Carlisle.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:26 - Mar 7 with 830 viewsdurham_exile

Noah trust the journey is going well.

See you later

UTU's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:34 - Mar 7 with 828 viewsnoah4x4

Breakfast at Corley; just north of Stafford, now racing towards Teebay Services and lunch. Roads quiet, suspect many drivers in self imposed quarantine having stocked up with three months supply of bog roll and pasta.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:48 - Mar 7 with 824 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:34 - Mar 7 by noah4x4

Breakfast at Corley; just north of Stafford, now racing towards Teebay Services and lunch. Roads quiet, suspect many drivers in self imposed quarantine having stocked up with three months supply of bog roll and pasta.

Aren't old people banned from attending footy matches now?
Login to get fewer ads

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 12:01 - Mar 7 with 815 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 09:54 - Mar 7 by Moor_Pinot

I'd agree with you about Cheltenham Pinault, very well-marshalled. That being said, we should have beaten them at their place, so maybe they've got to work a bit on their consistency (sounds familiar).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 12:02 - Mar 7 with 814 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 10:48 - Mar 7 by gerry_us

Aren't old people banned from attending footy matches now?

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 14:55 - Mar 7 with 787 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 12:01 - Mar 7 by wessex_exile

I'd agree with you about Cheltenham Pinault, very well-marshalled. That being said, we should have beaten them at their place, so maybe they've got to work a bit on their consistency (sounds familiar).

Just the one change
Nouble in for Robinson

UTU's

Car park flooded!

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 15:48 - Mar 7 with 770 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 14:55 - Mar 7 by durham_exile

Just the one change
Nouble in for Robinson

UTU's

Car park flooded!

Half-time, and U's in control 2-0 up, with goals from Poku and Chuck - come on Col U, keep it going second half!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 756 viewswessex_exile

...and Poku again to make it 3-0!

Up the U's!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 16:57 - Mar 7 with 745 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 16:18 - Mar 7 by wessex_exile

...and Poku again to make it 3-0!

Up the U's!

Finished 3-0 to the U's - magnificent. Better still, Cheltenham and Port Vale play out a 0-0 and both drop 2pts, Mansfield winning 2-0 at Northampton (still playing) and Bradford City lose 2-0 at Salford...

...and if that wasn't enough, Ipshit lose at home again!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 17:56 - Mar 7 with 725 viewsMoor_Pinot

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 16:57 - Mar 7 by wessex_exile

Finished 3-0 to the U's - magnificent. Better still, Cheltenham and Port Vale play out a 0-0 and both drop 2pts, Mansfield winning 2-0 at Northampton (still playing) and Bradford City lose 2-0 at Salford...

...and if that wasn't enough, Ipshit lose at home again!

Splendid today and the opposite of last week. Other results not unhelpful. We can keep hoping. Such a shame about Ipswich's form, so unfortunate.

Moor Pinot

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 19:05 - Mar 7 with 687 viewsGOSBTS

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 17:56 - Mar 7 by Moor_Pinot

Splendid today and the opposite of last week. Other results not unhelpful. We can keep hoping. Such a shame about Ipswich's form, so unfortunate.

Fantastic coming out of Portman Road and finding out the super U's had won 3-0 and Brighton had secured a hard fought point too! Coventry winning was no such bad thing either.

Excellent resilience from the U's to bounce back from last week. If last week's results couldn't have gone much worse for us, today's couldn't have gone much better! Onwards and upwards for Scunny next week. A win there and we may have arrested the dip in form. Get in!

Incidentally the two times I've gone to see Ipswich play this year they've lost. You might want me down there more often...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:06]
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 19:23 - Mar 7 with 680 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 19:05 - Mar 7 by GOSBTS

Fantastic coming out of Portman Road and finding out the super U's had won 3-0 and Brighton had secured a hard fought point too! Coventry winning was no such bad thing either.

Excellent resilience from the U's to bounce back from last week. If last week's results couldn't have gone much worse for us, today's couldn't have gone much better! Onwards and upwards for Scunny next week. A win there and we may have arrested the dip in form. Get in!

Incidentally the two times I've gone to see Ipswich play this year they've lost. You might want me down there more often...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:06]

Haha - if you can keep that record up, I'll buy you a season ticket

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 20:48 - Mar 7 with 656 viewsLeadbelly

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 19:23 - Mar 7 by wessex_exile

Haha - if you can keep that record up, I'll buy you a season ticket

I popped into see an old mate of mine this morning. His other half is in her mid 70s and has had a season ticket at Portman Road for over 40 years. She reckons Lambert has lost the dressing room, the football is the worst she’s ever seen and her and most of those she attends with won’t be renewing next season if Lambert is still there. It was a struggle to keep a straight face.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 21:58 - Mar 7 with 644 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 20:48 - Mar 7 by Leadbelly

I popped into see an old mate of mine this morning. His other half is in her mid 70s and has had a season ticket at Portman Road for over 40 years. She reckons Lambert has lost the dressing room, the football is the worst she’s ever seen and her and most of those she attends with won’t be renewing next season if Lambert is still there. It was a struggle to keep a straight face.

Bless her - it’ll be even harder when they have to pay off four years of a five year contract for him - still, happy days!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by the Super U's at Brunton Park on 11:48 - Mar 8 with 615 viewsnoah4x4

Just realised;
Colchester to Carlisle by road 341 miles.
Colchester to Paris by road 340 miles.
I enjoyed going that extra mile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024