Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your attitude to Corona ... 15:03 - Mar 8 with 885 viewsTheHappyGooner

Your attitude to Corona ...

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Your attitude to Corona ... on 15:22 - Mar 8 with 877 viewsgerry_us

I drank Corona incessantly during my formative years so I'm probably immune!
Your attitude to Corona ... on 16:50 - Mar 8 with 861 viewswessex_exile

Your attitude to Corona ... on 15:22 - Mar 8 by gerry_us

Kids these days just wouldn’t get that reference Gerry. Apparently, sales of Corona beer have tanked in the US because they’re worried about the virus 😂
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 16:53]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Your attitude to Corona ... on 17:03 - Mar 8 with 854 viewsTheHappyGooner

Great stuff with the panda I think....no it wasn’t that was panda - I’m
Losing the drinks plot - but I did like that hit by that 70,s band - m m m my corona
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:07]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Your attitude to Corona ... on 20:17 - Mar 8 with 827 viewsbwildered

Had dimples on the neck of the bottle , and every bubble had passed it's fizzical. Many bottles were recycled due too a small charge for there return .
But back to present day, no handshaking but plenty of spitting still present !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Your attitude to Corona ... on 20:38 - Mar 8 with 820 viewsLeadbelly

Crest a...WTF were we drinking?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Your attitude to Corona ... on 22:42 - Mar 8 with 799 viewsgerry_us

My wife actually reminded me that in Tollesbury where we spent our early lives there was an actual Corona delivery man weekly. Bit like the milkman but fizzy. You left the empty bottles out for a tuppence refund.
So there...my recollections of Corona. Refuse to accept any alternatives.
Your attitude to Corona ... on 00:03 - Mar 9 with 789 viewswessex_exile

Your attitude to Corona ... on 22:42 - Mar 8 by gerry_us

My wife actually reminded me that in Tollesbury where we spent our early lives there was an actual Corona delivery man weekly. Bit like the milkman but fizzy. You left the empty bottles out for a tuppence refund.

In a world these days quite rightly focused on recycling and sustainability, back then there was very little plastic packaging, we had our dairy produce delivered by an electric float, we recycled our glass, and we even got a deposit back on the fizzy bottles!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 0:05]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Your attitude to Corona ... on 06:26 - Mar 9 with 764 viewsFruitbat

Had one in Layer Marney as well, delivered to my Grandmothers house. I had a particular liking for the green one. Probably stopped mid-seventies.

Had a taste for Cresta as well. Dread to think how much sugar and other shit they had in them.

Mild concern about the virus, both Mrs F and I have underlying conditions but not much you can do about it apart from sensible precautions. We did order some bog roll on the shopping yesterday though (although that's because we hadn't got much left, honest).
Login to get fewer ads

Your attitude to Corona ... on 11:12 - Mar 9 with 745 viewsdurham_exile

Living in the smoke for the first 18 years of my life, we had a weekly visit from the Corona vehicle - soft drinks, cream soda, lemonade etc etc.

Glass bottles, refunds for the old ones when returned.

Also Betterware man, electric Milk float and Rag n Bone man (before they became a pop star!!!!!). Weekly Refuse collections, limited recycling. Metal waste bins, no plastic.

Home and Colonial store in Enfield Highway with many cereals, food stuffs exposed to the elements on the pavements. Fishmongers with live eels in aquarium tanks. You selected and he despatched it with a large rolling pin. Cockles and Whelks from a vehicle or stall.
Happy days!

More serious issues - Corona virus - clearly an issue but all we can do is to keep taking mitigating steps to reduce its impact.

On Saturday players didn't shake hands before the game. But JM and Chris Beech did.

After the game every player shook hands and embraced. Very difficult to understand the policy.

However as an airborne virus - masks might help but close proximity to people is very difficult to avoid.

Might we have to play the Play Off final at Wembley behind closed doors - shocking thought!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Your attitude to Corona ... on 13:45 - Mar 9 with 732 viewsLeadbelly

Work colleague has a friend who works for West Ham. He has been told that if players at a club are affected by coronavirus the PL will be suspended, at best. Worst case scenario the competition will be "scratched". Liverpool better hope Man City lose their next two games!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Your attitude to Corona ... on 18:31 - Mar 9 with 705 viewsthrillseeker

Your attitude to Corona ... on 13:45 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

Work colleague has a friend who works for West Ham. He has been told that if players at a club are affected by coronavirus the PL will be suspended, at best. Worst case scenario the competition will be "scratched". Liverpool better hope Man City lose their next two games!

I fully understand Covid-19 is potentially very dangerous but I would find it highly amusing if league was suspended and Liverpool did not win the Premier League.

Can you imagine all those Scousers crying and speaking of the injustice? For the rest of my life all we would here is them saying 2020 and how they were denied etc but it would be worth it
Your attitude to Corona ... on 12:52 - Mar 10 with 672 viewsgerry_us

More serious is the possibility of preventing supporters over 70 from attending matches. What could that do to U's home gates?
I suspect that would also include the majority of this board!
Your attitude to Corona ... on 14:37 - Mar 10 with 659 viewsWitham

Surely the big issue for us is the impact on our finances. We would lose about £40k per home game which will make a lot of difference next year.
Your attitude to Corona ... on 17:31 - Mar 10 with 639 viewsnoah4x4

Your attitude to Corona ... on 12:52 - Mar 10 by gerry_us

More serious is the possibility of preventing supporters over 70 from attending matches. What could that do to U's home gates?
I suspect that would also include the majority of this board!

......is still a youngster........ and can recall and survived the last major pandemic scare....

Vaccination for Smallpox was adopted in 1798. Then, in 1960, around 500,000 were vaccinated in the UK against Smallpox after concerns about a global pandemic. Aged six, I hid behind my fathers shed when due to be stabbed and hence nobody ever stuck a needle in me. Indeed, I believe there were something like six needles involved.

Then in 1962, a Smallpox epidemic broke out in Bradford after a gentleman returned from Pakistan. Another 286,000 were vaccinated. Once again, I hid and hence don't have the tell-tale 'Jennerian Vesticle' scar. The last case anywhere in The World occured in 1977 and I survived to tell the tale.

With no vaccination for Covid-19, no need to hide, but was me hiding behind my dad's shed the first example of voluntary self isolation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024