Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone OK? 18:47 - Apr 1 with 879 viewsgerry_us

Me? Fine, but how come I am working so much harder now than ever while being confined to home for 95% of the time?
Even the weekly shop seems a welcome relaxation!
Otherwise the garden looks great, fences newly painted and deck almost complete. I'm just trying to spin it out now as seeing me sitting in the garden for a break this afternoon there was a "suggestion" from Mrs Gerry that if I have finished the garden "the hall could do with redecoration". What bothers me is what comes after?
Roll on return of normal service.
In the meantime fellow boarders,stay safe and well and don't get conned into the complete redecorating of your home that it seems I may be commencing in the coming weeks...
Everyone OK? on 19:31 - Apr 1 with 870 viewsdurham_exile

Gerry I'm sure that boarders will not mind me saying that having stayed with you and Mrs Gerry last year, your house is absolutely immaculate and so any decoration that you make now will only enhance it further.

I am just working hard with my voluntary work and writing more emails and letters online. I have been able to get outside into the garden, but there is much to do particularly with the rockery!

It is great to have both sons and my Granddaughter here at present and so they are keeping me young!

Keeping on top of the paperwork is perhaps my biggest challenge.

Perhaps footie in June, something to consider but I'm not holding my breath.

Stay safe.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Everyone OK? on 19:49 - Apr 1 with 863 viewsthrillseeker

Checking in - all OK so far

During my daily allowable exercise routine I cycle to the ground with my daughter(s) and let them ride in a spacious flat car park and around the stadium. It is eerily quiet

Having never been in North Stand the echo of the A12 through stadium makes a noise like a whispering crowd.

I am missing my football fix.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe
Everyone OK? on 21:29 - Apr 1 with 851 viewswessex_exile

All good so far - Alfie's mum (an NHS nurse) has succumbed, but appears to be on the mend now. He saw her on Saturday, she became ill on Sunday, but so far (fingers-crossed) no symptoms for him or me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Everyone OK? on 23:50 - Apr 1 with 836 viewsdurham_exile

Everyone OK? on 19:49 - Apr 1 by thrillseeker

Checking in - all OK so far

During my daily allowable exercise routine I cycle to the ground with my daughter(s) and let them ride in a spacious flat car park and around the stadium. It is eerily quiet

Having never been in North Stand the echo of the A12 through stadium makes a noise like a whispering crowd.

I am missing my football fix.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe

TS - Just watching the grass grow at the stadium would be a big plus.

I would imagine that it is eerie.

Stay safe

UTU's

Durham_exile

Everyone OK? on 23:52 - Apr 1 with 835 viewsdurham_exile

Everyone OK? on 21:29 - Apr 1 by wessex_exile

All good so far - Alfie's mum (an NHS nurse) has succumbed, but appears to be on the mend now. He saw her on Saturday, she became ill on Sunday, but so far (fingers-crossed) no symptoms for him or me.

Wessex sorry to hear about your personal family case.

Let us hope the symptoms are mild and that she is soon fit and well again.

Stay safe.

Durham_exile

Everyone OK? on 16:31 - Apr 2 with 796 viewsoxfcolu

Key worker on a split shift to minimise risk. Roads are earily quiet tooing and froing to work. Good idea to check in. Not using the internet much as there is nothing to read of any interest apart from our forum of course. Not feeling confident for this season finishing properly.
Everyone OK? on 21:56 - Apr 2 with 775 viewswessex_exile

Everyone OK? on 23:52 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Wessex sorry to hear about your personal family case.

Let us hope the symptoms are mild and that she is soon fit and well again.

Stay safe.

Thanks Durham - she's definitely on the mend thank goodness, spoke to her earlier today.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Everyone OK? on 17:20 - Apr 3 with 732 viewsburnsieespana

Checking in from Spain and all is okay at the moment but very confined as can't go out for a walk, run or cycle ride. Only one at a time in the car so have to do the shopping.
Since masks are unobtainable I go like a cowboy from an old Western, with my scarf bought over Christmas, in Jordan so you can imagine me with the bright colour of red and black tied around my neck covering my nose and remainder of my face. I have also started to grow a beard until this pestilence departs.
Today was only the third time I have been out since our lockdown started 20 days ago and will not need to go out for at least another ten.
Since our lockdown came in overnight was not able to go and get any paint, etc but thank goodness really.
Like Durham kept busy doing my voluntary work from home for the British Legion in Spain so apart from one bad day when things really got to me coped okay.
Friends stay safe in these difficult times.
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone OK? on 08:30 - Apr 4 with 700 viewsGOSBTS

Morning all! Glad to hear most people are keeping safe and well, and pleased to hear that your relation Wessex is on the mend.

Mrs GOSBTS and I are keeping well here in Sudbury. We've been WFH for two weeks now. We've coped well with the lockdown and on the weekdays we've tended to work in different areas of our small home, as not to get on top of each other. The only disagreements we had were when we went to get the shopping last weekend, so going forward only one of us will go to save further arguments! It's been a good opportunity to crack on with my PhD and other writing projects.

I miss football a lot but alas, the world is going through something far more important at the moment. I started watching Sunderland Til I Die and Brighton have been uploading lengthy videos of each season from the Withdean years which has been good for the ol' nostalgia. Watched bits and pieces from the U's thrashing of Norwich last weekend and will probably dip into today's offering against Brizzle!

Stay safe and sane everybody!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 8:31]
Everyone OK? on 21:47 - Apr 4 with 663 viewspwrightsknees

OK so far at PWK Towers.

Plenty of hobbies and interests, but really stuck at home. I'm registered at "vulnerable" with the Government because of C.O.P.D. and that's quite restrictive. The British Lung Foundation cancelled my exercise classes a couple of weeks ago, but I'm now doing them at home 3 times a week and Mrs. PWK is joining in, too.

Plenty of contact with the family via text, email and SKYPE. Otherwise it's all about being as sensible and careful as we all can.

Please take care everyone. Stay safe and Up the U's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024