Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance v Barnsley 11:51 - Apr 4 with 2483 viewsLongsufferingR

What do you reckon assuming it's the first game we play after this is over.

I think nearly 17,000
Attendance v Barnsley on 11:57 - Apr 4 with 2050 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it could be big.

If Ireland and England are both clear then I want to be in HQ to hug Pat and Tom Harrison and other lesser Rangers celebrities. There might be tears.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Attendance v Barnsley on 12:16 - Apr 4 with 2008 viewsingeminate

Tricky to know as some will be wary of crowds and want to see how things go before coming back. The Elletslie Road half time toilet dash isn’t very social distancy.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Attendance v Barnsley on 12:39 - Apr 4 with 1974 viewsterryb

It could also be behind closed doors!
Attendance v Barnsley on 12:41 - Apr 4 with 1975 viewsBoston

Will Rangers continue a time honoured tradition and mask the attendance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendance v Barnsley on 13:17 - Apr 4 with 1922 viewsDevon_4_England

Sold out but some season ticket Holders might stay away depending on circumstances at the time
Attendance v Barnsley on 14:19 - Apr 4 with 1860 viewscolinallcars

I guess many will be wearing face masks so there will be muffled cries of “cub ob you arrbs”
Attendance v Barnsley on 15:27 - Apr 4 with 1800 viewsBoston

Attendance v Barnsley on 14:19 - Apr 4 by colinallcars

I guess many will be wearing face masks so there will be muffled cries of “cub ob you arrbs”

Will the club shop recognize a business opportunity when they see one and produce blue and white hooped masks? Number 19 on the back.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendance v Barnsley on 16:23 - Apr 4 with 1742 viewsloftboy

I can’t see how all of a sudden thousands of people are going to be allowed to congregate in one place, we will be back on lockdown within weeks if we do, the virus is here for a while yet. If the season restarts and it’s a big if then it will be behind closed doors IMHO.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Attendance v Barnsley on 16:33 - Apr 4 with 1729 viewsNorthernr

Attendance v Barnsley on 16:23 - Apr 4 by loftboy

I can’t see how all of a sudden thousands of people are going to be allowed to congregate in one place, we will be back on lockdown within weeks if we do, the virus is here for a while yet. If the season restarts and it’s a big if then it will be behind closed doors IMHO.

Sadly I think this is right. When we are allowed back it’ll be packed and v emotional.
Attendance v Barnsley on 17:21 - Apr 4 with 1648 viewsrrrspricey

Attendance v Barnsley on 16:33 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Sadly I think this is right. When we are allowed back it’ll be packed and v emotional.

No doubt about that at all, when that will be and against who is difficult to say.

Personally I'll be surprised if we play another game before the end of May.
Attendance v Barnsley on 19:04 - Apr 4 with 1569 viewsNorthernr

Attendance v Barnsley on 17:21 - Apr 4 by rrrspricey

No doubt about that at all, when that will be and against who is difficult to say.

Personally I'll be surprised if we play another game before the end of May.

Current optimistic, best case scenario thinking among championship CEOs is late July and August. September off. Start new season October with a lot of midweeks.

I’d be amazed if we even get that, and tbf so would they.
Attendance v Barnsley on 19:06 - Apr 4 with 1562 viewsRangersw12

Attendance v Barnsley on 19:04 - Apr 4 by Northernr

Current optimistic, best case scenario thinking among championship CEOs is late July and August. September off. Start new season October with a lot of midweeks.

They need to cheer the nation up and void the season so Leeds dont get promoted
Attendance v Barnsley on 19:09 - Apr 4 with 1554 viewsstowmarketrange

Attendance v Barnsley on 19:06 - Apr 4 by Rangersw12

They need to cheer the nation up and void the season so Leeds dont get promoted

And Liverpool won’t win the premier league either.And Brentford wouldn’t have done the double over us.Sounds like a win win situation to me.
Attendance v Barnsley on 19:19 - Apr 4 with 1535 viewsthame_hoops

Was thinking same thing. Whilst the world tries to get back to some normality the social distancing will last a while and large gatherings will be banned till September-ish imo
Attendance v Barnsley on 19:21 - Apr 4 with 1536 viewsdaveB

they should stop trying to put dates on it, whenever it's safe to play again just re stat then, if thats October then we just get on with it
Attendance v Barnsley on 20:42 - Apr 4 with 1454 viewscolinallcars

I don't think spectator sports will recommence until a vaccine has been discovered, tested and administered to the entire population. Say, September 2021.
Attendance v Barnsley on 23:38 - Apr 4 with 1340 viewskensalriser

Got tickets for a gig at Olympia at the beginning of May. Not a chance of it going ahead but still not called off. Other gigs are being rescheduled for September which may still be optimistic. Large gatherings may be off until next year.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Attendance v Barnsley on 08:36 - Apr 5 with 1233 viewsMiss_Terraces

Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Not expecting to get a ticket for the game but I need to be there. This is obviously for when we are allowed back.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Attendance v Barnsley on 13:02 - Apr 5 with 1134 viewsthame_hoops

Attendance v Barnsley on 23:38 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Got tickets for a gig at Olympia at the beginning of May. Not a chance of it going ahead but still not called off. Other gigs are being rescheduled for September which may still be optimistic. Large gatherings may be off until next year.

Was supposed to see The Damned in Aylesbury end of May, that changed to November. Just hoping the John lydon spoken word tour scheduled for Nov goes ahead 😫
Attendance v Barnsley on 13:07 - Apr 5 with 1128 viewsHunterhoop

The economy, even with the govt measures cannot survive past the end of June, IMO.

The key is antibodies testing. If they through large sample sizes that 50% or more have already had it, then restrictions will be lifted relatively quickly. Our case count in the UK is nonsense; it should be far greater because we aren’tvtesting.

The recent announcement of UEFA agreeing to relax the ban on televising 3pm kick offs is the first step to trying to finish this season with games behind closed doors to start with.

My personal guess is that the season will commence again in mid June behind closed doors and mass gatherings will be permitted again in July/Aug. New season starts in Oct after Sept off.

But as I said, everything depends on how many people have already had it. We should be testing far more and getting antibodies testing up and running ASAP.
Attendance v Barnsley on 14:33 - Apr 5 with 1086 viewsfrancisbowles

Attendance v Barnsley on 13:07 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

The economy, even with the govt measures cannot survive past the end of June, IMO.

The key is antibodies testing. If they through large sample sizes that 50% or more have already had it, then restrictions will be lifted relatively quickly. Our case count in the UK is nonsense; it should be far greater because we aren’tvtesting.

The recent announcement of UEFA agreeing to relax the ban on televising 3pm kick offs is the first step to trying to finish this season with games behind closed doors to start with.

My personal guess is that the season will commence again in mid June behind closed doors and mass gatherings will be permitted again in July/Aug. New season starts in Oct after Sept off.

But as I said, everything depends on how many people have already had it. We should be testing far more and getting antibodies testing up and running ASAP.

I think your right about the behind closed doors but I don't know how that helps the championship and below. There are going to be some costs associated with opening the grounds etc.

I don't know how much extra, if any, they can get from TV companies to help cover their outgoings.
Attendance v Barnsley on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 1039 viewsderbyhoop

After WWII attendances were at record levels. A population starved of football (or any other entertainment) were desperate for something to relieve the monotony.

I suspect the first games back could be similar - if anybody is allowed to attend.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Attendance v Barnsley on 17:46 - Apr 5 with 1027 viewsPunteR

Hasnt Belgium closed their season? Not 100%. Mate was saying that they are just promoting clubs and not relegating. So obviously next season just has 2 more teams in the top division. I think that could work.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Attendance v Barnsley on 17:52 - Apr 5 with 1019 viewsstowmarketrange

Attendance v Barnsley on 17:46 - Apr 5 by PunteR

Hasnt Belgium closed their season? Not 100%. Mate was saying that they are just promoting clubs and not relegating. So obviously next season just has 2 more teams in the top division. I think that could work.

If Leeds and wba weren’t the top 2 teams do you think the authorities would do that?
None of the chasing teams have enough clout to seriously mount a legal challenge and that would allow them to get away with it.
Attendance v Barnsley on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 980 viewsLongsufferingR

Attendance v Barnsley on 17:46 - Apr 5 by PunteR

Belgium only had one game left though so easy decision to make.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024