Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rewind 75/76 19:14 - Apr 22 with 8592 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enjoying this, as you'd imagine.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rewind 75/76 on 22:14 - Apr 24 with 1810 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rewind 75/76 on 22:09 - Apr 24 by charmr

Can’t find this footage, any help please

This is where I watched it.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/rangers-rewind-197576-season-review/

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rewind 75/76 on 22:46 - Apr 24 with 1784 viewsCamberleyR

Rewind 75/76 on 22:04 - Apr 24 by Stanisgod

So how come there has never been a dvd of that released?

Not sure if this was what was shown on the offish but there has:
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2011/06/queens-park-rangers-197576-dvd-review/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rewind 75/76 on 08:38 - Apr 25 with 1725 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 22:46 - Apr 24 by CamberleyR

Not sure if this was what was shown on the offish but there has:
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2011/06/queens-park-rangers-197576-dvd-review/

Yes that is it.

I found this site but don't know who runs it or anything.

It's listed here where I think you can get a copy and other seasons and DVD's

https://www.qpr-dvd-copyshop.co.uk/season-reviews.html

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rewind 75/76 on 10:18 - Apr 25 with 1681 viewsfrancisbowles

Rewind 75/76 on 20:14 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

How good would Phil Nutt have been if it weren't for the cruciate injury retiring him?

I remember him appearing in the first team but that is all. Never knew about the injury. A really sad story that he never had a chance to build on his promising start at 16/17.

Reading the links he apparently went to Hounslow Town and became a cabbie.

Anybody know anymore. Did the part time footballer thing work out etc?
Rewind 75/76 on 11:43 - Apr 25 with 1648 viewspaulparker

This from 78 , probably the best kit we have ever had

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rewind 75/76 on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 1628 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 11:43 - Apr 25 by paulparker

This from 78 , probably the best kit we have ever had

Billy Hamilton, they were his only goals for us (2) only played 12 times in all

NI player played in the 82/86 WC's

Rewind 75/76 on 13:48 - Apr 25 with 1588 viewsdaveB

Rewind 75/76 on 22:04 - Apr 24 by Stanisgod

So how come there has never been a dvd of that released?

QPR released a 2 disk dvd of the 75/76 season a few years ago, it's really good with interviews on it from the likes of Bowles, Francis, Parkes and Mclintock

The film they showed on facebook the other night was basically what was on the dvd
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 13:49]
Rewind 75/76 on 14:04 - Apr 25 with 1568 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 11:59 - Apr 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Billy Hamilton, they were his only goals for us (2) only played 12 times in all

NI player played in the 82/86 WC's

BBC1 now 82 WC
NI v Spain
where he crosses for the goal

Login to get fewer ads

Rewind 75/76 on 19:00 - Apr 25 with 1509 viewsAddinall

Just watched this.

Two good memories. First is the age old chant of Rangers, Rangers seldom heard today having been superceded by Come on you 'R's.

Secondly superb commentaries by skilled individuals (of which the great Brian Moore was indisputably the best) with, and for me this what I miss the most, no co commentators. You got a commentary on the game and not a never ending discussion on a stream of trivia.
Rewind 75/76 on 21:30 - Apr 25 with 1486 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rewind 75/76 on 19:00 - Apr 25 by Addinall

Just watched this.

Two good memories. First is the age old chant of Rangers, Rangers seldom heard today having been superceded by Come on you 'R's.

Secondly superb commentaries by skilled individuals (of which the great Brian Moore was indisputably the best) with, and for me this what I miss the most, no co commentators. You got a commentary on the game and not a never ending discussion on a stream of trivia.

I seem to remember at school age a number of scum fans playfully mocking the - Rangers - (Clap Clap Clap) - Rangers - (Clap Clap Clap) chant.

Still appears every now and then

Rewind 75/76 on 21:40 - Apr 25 with 1476 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rewind 75/76 on 21:30 - Apr 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

I seem to remember at school age a number of scum fans playfully mocking the - Rangers - (Clap Clap Clap) - Rangers - (Clap Clap Clap) chant.

Still appears every now and then

I'll tell you what. After watching Stan Bowles in the footage during the second half of that season.

I'm like, Adel who?

Rewind 75/76 on 08:23 - Apr 26 with 1432 viewsHarbour

Just finished watching it bitter sweet what a team forgotten how good Masson was. But the whole team fantastic some great goals. First part of the season done us with the draws. Horrible watching the Norwich game they should have had a man off for the punch on Stan and how did Liverpool get away with the delay in playing the final match... still got memories of Stan Gerry Dave Thomas what a team...
Rewind 75/76 on 14:03 - Apr 26 with 1387 viewscharmr

Found it tough to watch.

So many ifs, buts and maybes.
Rewind 75/76 on 14:06 - Apr 26 with 1383 viewscharmr

My question is why did we not perform and we’re so inconsistent the following season?
Rewind 75/76 on 10:34 - Apr 27 with 1327 viewsfrancisbowles

Rewind 75/76 on 14:06 - Apr 26 by charmr

My question is why did we not perform and we’re so inconsistent the following season?

I think it was a mixture of parts of the team ageing and others better working out how to stop us. Not to mention Gerry being out until well into the new year.
Rewind 75/76 on 10:51 - Apr 27 with 1312 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 10:34 - Apr 27 by francisbowles

I think it was a mixture of parts of the team ageing and others better working out how to stop us. Not to mention Gerry being out until well into the new year.

Plus we did not add to the squad, I don't think we signed anyone, it was very frustrating that JG would not build on it, would seem crazy today, tried to run with what we had, injuries hit, lack of form, other teams more prepared against us.

Edit, one signing was Eddie Kelly
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 10:55]

Rewind 75/76 on 00:24 - Apr 28 with 1232 viewsCiderwithRsie

Rewind 75/76 on 10:34 - Apr 27 by francisbowles

Through even then we did have quite a run in the UEFA Cup.
Rewind 75/76 on 08:29 - Apr 28 with 1192 viewsdaveB

Anyone know who got the 1st goal in this game?

Rewind 75/76 on 08:36 - Apr 28 with 1181 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 08:29 - Apr 28 by daveB

Rachid Harkouk

Rewind 75/76 on 08:58 - Apr 28 with 1163 viewsdaveB

Rewind 75/76 on 08:36 - Apr 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Rachid Harkouk

Thanks mate
Rewind 75/76 on 09:13 - Apr 28 with 1148 viewsWalnut

Rewind 75/76 on 08:29 - Apr 28 by daveB

Anyone on here go to that?
Rewind 75/76 on 09:43 - Apr 28 with 1134 viewsfrancisbowles

Rewind 75/76 on 00:24 - Apr 28 by CiderwithRsie

Through even then we did have quite a run in the UEFA Cup.

Yes qf and the league cup where we went out in a sf replay.

There must also have been a bit of trying to raise their game after the disappointment of going so close in 75-76 and having lost it from a position where it was 'our's to lose'.

As the early rounds in the two cups went well, we seemed to get a bit of momentum and belief in those competitions but in the end crashed out of those as well when in good positions to progress further.
Rewind 75/76 on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 1114 views2Thomas2Bowles

People remember Webb missing the pen against AEK Athens but really it was a good save
Eastoe also had one saved, to be fair the AEK goals were all good ones.

We were missing Clement, Frances, Thomas, Leach from the team, big losses.

Rewind 75/76 on 11:05 - Apr 28 with 1099 viewsCamberleyR

I'll never forget the crushing disappointment of getting hammered 4-0 by Everton at home the opening game of next season. After going so close I was really confident of doing well in the league again and was happy with who we were starting against seeing how we'd hammered them at LR the previous season.

Unfortunately this was the start of Bob bloody Latchford in an Everton shirt absolutely loving playing at LR. I was on holiday in Woolacombe in Devon and feeling massively deflated hearing the result come through on the radio that Saturday. This was followed by another bloody 1-0 defeat at Upton Park on the Monday and we knew it was going to be a different season.

Gerry getting injured on England duty in the summer and being out for months really was the major difference. How do you replace the England captain? Eddie Kelly, Martyn Busby and God bless the late Micky Leach who did their best but we needed a top quality stand in, especially when it was apparent that Gerry was out long term.

Just a couple of top players added to that squad (a defender as a long term replacement for McLintock and back up for Gerry ) as Liverpool used to do would have made a difference I believe. Unfortunately Uncle Jim was keeping the wallet firmly shut.

Anybody who's brave enough to watch can see the Everton goals here. It doesn't start great and goes rapidly downhill with Phil Parkes doing a Rob Green and literally throwing one in for their first.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 11:10]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rewind 75/76 on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 1079 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rewind 75/76 on 11:05 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

I'll never forget the crushing disappointment of getting hammered 4-0 by Everton at home the opening game of next season. After going so close I was really confident of doing well in the league again and was happy with who we were starting against seeing how we'd hammered them at LR the previous season.

Unfortunately this was the start of Bob bloody Latchford in an Everton shirt absolutely loving playing at LR. I was on holiday in Woolacombe in Devon and feeling massively deflated hearing the result come through on the radio that Saturday. This was followed by another bloody 1-0 defeat at Upton Park on the Monday and we knew it was going to be a different season.

Gerry getting injured on England duty in the summer and being out for months really was the major difference. How do you replace the England captain? Eddie Kelly, Martyn Busby and God bless the late Micky Leach who did their best but we needed a top quality stand in, especially when it was apparent that Gerry was out long term.

Just a couple of top players added to that squad (a defender as a long term replacement for McLintock and back up for Gerry ) as Liverpool used to do would have made a difference I believe. Unfortunately Uncle Jim was keeping the wallet firmly shut.

Anybody who's brave enough to watch can see the Everton goals here. It doesn't start great and goes rapidly downhill with Phil Parkes doing a Rob Green and literally throwing one in for their first.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 11:10]

It was disappointing considering how we torched them the season before

I got kicked out for celebrating after the first goal and back in just in time to see the 2nd

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024