Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rewind 75/76 19:14 - Apr 22 with 8594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enjoying this, as you'd imagine.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rewind 75/76 on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 638 viewsPinnerPaul

Just watched it all - great memories.

Didn't realise/remember how many draws we had at the start of the season and that (relatively) poor run around Xmas/New Year.

Some 'interesting' refereeing - blimey most games would end 9 v 8 if those games were refereed as they are now!

Some, what seem barmy decisions both for and against.

Peter Storey making what would be yellow (minimum) now 3 fouls before getting booked.
The Norwich player not even getting booked for punching Stan!
Gerry Francis not even getting booked for kicking the ball at Leeds player.
Dave Thomas not even getting booked for punching Willie Donachie. but Donachie was sent off.
The Stan Bowles pen v Arsenal never was - saw it live right in front of me, he dived.

Aside from the obvious 3 - Stan, Givens and Gerry - surprised how good Dave Webb looked, always admired Don Masson and also surprised how many goals were down to Phil Parkes who was magnificent obviously in so many games.

Finally on a general note what an era for GKs - Clemence, Shilton, Parkes, Stepney, Corrigan - any of them twice as good as anything we have now.

Happy memories on a wet lockdown day!
Rewind 75/76 on 16:44 - Apr 28 with 613 viewsCamberleyR

Rewind 75/76 on 16:09 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

Didn't realise/remember how many draws we had at the start of the season and that (relatively) poor run around Xmas/New Year.

Some 'interesting' refereeing - blimey most games would end 9 v 8 if those games were refereed as they are now!

Peter Storey making what would be yellow (minimum) now 3 fouls before getting booked.
Dave Thomas not even getting booked for punching Willie Donachie. but Donachie was sent off.
The Stan Bowles pen v Arsenal never was - saw it live right in front of me, he dived.

Aside from the obvious 3 - Stan, Givens and Gerry - surprised how good Dave Webb looked, always admired Don Masson and also surprised how many goals were down to Phil Parkes who was magnificent obviously in so many games.

Finally on a general note what an era for GKs - Clemence, Shilton, Parkes, Stepney, Corrigan - any of them twice as good as anything we have now.

Willie Young got the ball kicked at him and it was Asa Hartford who got sent off quite rightly for going completely over the ball with Gerry although as you say DT was lucky. Hartford also got his retaliation in on Thomas before getting first use of the showers. Donachie got involved by coming up on the blind side of the ref and a like a complete tart pulling Stan's hair from behind.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rewind 75/76 on 17:12 - Apr 28 with 588 viewsterryb

Rewind 75/76 on 16:09 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

Stan didn't dive. He tripped himself up! It was never a penalty thugh!

What the DVD didn't show was Gerry Francis injuring his back at Ipswich. I'm sure the charge into him by Mills was the cause of his long term problem.
Rewind 75/76 on 17:59 - Apr 28 with 571 viewsCamberleyR

Rewind 75/76 on 17:12 - Apr 28 by terryb

Stan didn't dive. He tripped himself up! It was never a penalty thugh!

What the DVD didn't show was Gerry Francis injuring his back at Ipswich. I'm sure the charge into him by Mills was the cause of his long term problem.

That's interesting Terry, I didn't realise that. I remember he got injured in the WC qualifier against Finland in the Olympic Stadium in June '76 but I thought it may have been down to a hard pitch there. Perhaps as you say the injury at Ipswich was the start and the game against Finland just massively aggravated it eventually needing surgery.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rewind 75/76 on 13:16 - Apr 29 with 500 viewsPinnerPaul

Rewind 75/76 on 16:44 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

Willie Young got the ball kicked at him and it was Asa Hartford who got sent off quite rightly for going completely over the ball with Gerry although as you say DT was lucky. Hartford also got his retaliation in on Thomas before getting first use of the showers. Donachie got involved by coming up on the blind side of the ref and a like a complete tart pulling Stan's hair from behind.

Apologies - yes you're right - Asa Hartford it was!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024