Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut 04:32 - Apr 23 with 5562 viewsSuffolkHoop

According to the Telegraph.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/22/qpr-players-asked-consider-50-pe

Full article is behind a paywall unfortunately.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 4:34]
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:20 - Apr 23 with 4501 viewsTonto

Players of all clubs have to realise that they need to help clubs, which are businesses which lose a lot of money, mainly becuase player wages are stupidly high.

The PFA are not helping here either. The public image of players is going to take a battering.

I also accept that footballers are not the only big earners that could be doing more.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:23 - Apr 23 with 4494 viewsSuffolkHoop

Is corona virus going to be the black swan event that bursts football's bubble?
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:41 - Apr 23 with 4455 viewsGloucs_R

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:23 - Apr 23 by SuffolkHoop

Is corona virus going to be the black swan event that bursts football's bubble?

Let's hope so

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:48 - Apr 23 with 4436 viewsdaveB

It's worrying for the club as to how they will survive this, you'd have to expect a fire sale of players when we get back to some sort of normality.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:51 - Apr 23 with 4426 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:48 - Apr 23 by daveB

It's worrying for the club as to how they will survive this, you'd have to expect a fire sale of players when we get back to some sort of normality.

I can't see FFP being fully enforced for this season, though, Dave.

Which would mean the owners would be able to inject funds to cover Covid losses.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:02 - Apr 23 with 4398 viewsdolcelatte

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:51 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Which would mean the owners would be able to inject funds to cover Covid losses.

If they have any spare after propping up their businesses...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:03 - Apr 23 with 4398 viewsdistortR

will they, though?

Reubans off and uncle tony having various problems at the moment.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 4397 viewsElHoop

I think that the players should broadly speaking be accepting this. Perhaps paying them say 80% up to a certain amount and then 40% over and above that amount would be fairer.

I'm not sure where the owners are going to be getting the money to pay any more than this. At the expense of 'working class' employees in the far east who aren't working either?

The players should be seeing their hefty salaries as a bonus. It's not the time to be paying bonuses on that sort of scale.
Login to get fewer ads

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:30 - Apr 23 with 4341 viewstraininvain

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:41 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

Let's hope so

Be careful what you wish for as we might not have a club to support once this is all over.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:31 - Apr 23 with 4341 viewsnadera78

Who to? Outside of a handful of mega rich clubs no-one else has any money to be buying players. When Arsenal are making pay cuts (not deferments but cuts) of 12% then the writing is on the wall for everyone.

Players - and more particularly their agents - are going to find they are operating in an entirely different environment when this lockdown ends (whenever that is).
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 4309 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:04 - Apr 23 by ElHoop

I think that the players should broadly speaking be accepting this. Perhaps paying them say 80% up to a certain amount and then 40% over and above that amount would be fairer.

I'm not sure where the owners are going to be getting the money to pay any more than this. At the expense of 'working class' employees in the far east who aren't working either?

The players should be seeing their hefty salaries as a bonus. It's not the time to be paying bonuses on that sort of scale.

They've come to agreement, haven't they?

This is old news, or at least the headline is.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:44 - Apr 23 with 4288 viewsMaggsinho

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:38 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

They've come to agreement, haven't they?

This is old news, or at least the headline is.

Yep,agreeed on 25%, which I suspect was the expected outcome all along when they offered a 50 cut.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 09:19 - Apr 23 with 4212 viewsRoller

The players have agreed to defer 25% of their wages for 3 months, they've not agreed to a pay cut. That will help with the short term cash flow which is the immediate issue, but shows a complete lack of understanding as to what is happening in the real world.

With regards to FFP, I think that the authorities may look to increase the permissible losses for this season rather than suspend it. This will either be a blanket adjustment or an individual calculation based on each club's average home match revenue multiplied by the number of their remaining home matches. There may need to be a similar consideration next season depending on when this one ends, when the next one starts and if these matches ever get played. This all assumes that football returns in a form we are all familiar with.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 4134 viewsenfieldargh

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:03 - Apr 23 by distortR

will they, though?

Reubans off and uncle tony having various problems at the moment.

Whats this about Rueban?

I thought he was the main man behind the club?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:21 - Apr 23 with 4094 viewsdaveB

only if they can afford it, I think we'll face some big problems the next few years, the whole new business plan seems to be develop players and swell on for big money but with clubs not getting much revenue in those big fees not likely to happen and we could lose the likes of Eze, Bright and Manning in a year for nothing.

Should say though this refusal to take a 50% cut has come from the PFA, they are telling all players to reject it
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:23 - Apr 23 with 4085 viewsterryb

I can't imagine that the transfer market will be very busy. There will be few clubs that have any spare capital.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:23 - Apr 23 with 4081 viewsGloucs_R

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:30 - Apr 23 by traininvain

Be careful what you wish for as we might not have a club to support once this is all over.

I'll do follow football, with or without Rangers.

If we go, many others will and football will look different.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:28 - Apr 23 with 4062 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:04 - Apr 23 by enfieldargh

Whats this about Rueban?

I thought he was the main man behind the club?

Was the reference to Jamie Reuban, who's involved in the Newcastle takeover?

Or Reuban Gnagligam who is major shareholder of Rangers?
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 4054 viewsGalileo

Will that adversely affect us ?

We and the Board have all been assuming and almost resingned to the fact Eze would be on his way in the summer for 10+ million which is clearly not going to happen now.

Will he be sold for much less, leaving any financial planning in tatters. or should we try to get him to sign a contract extension and keep the Bright-Eze-Chair nucleus of the team in tact for a proper go at the League whenever it resumes ?

Same principle applies to any saleable asset but Eze would obviously gross the maximum income.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:41 - Apr 23 with 4033 viewsBAWHoops

I'm struggling to see a world where football as we know it exists.

National League supposedly not going to restart until January 2021.

How can you practice social distancing whilst football is still running? Also if there's 6 months behind closed doors then the whole product is ruined and f*cked.

There's a genuine chance a club like QPR doesn't make it through this...

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 4024 viewsdaveB

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:41 - Apr 23 by BAWHoops

I'm struggling to see a world where football as we know it exists.

National League supposedly not going to restart until January 2021.

How can you practice social distancing whilst football is still running? Also if there's 6 months behind closed doors then the whole product is ruined and f*cked.

There's a genuine chance a club like QPR doesn't make it through this...

very true but thats where the clubs will need to rely on streaming games and getting revenue that way. Maybe limited capacity in the stadiums. Like every business football will need to adapt
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 13:54 - Apr 23 with 3922 viewsMatch82

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 10:21 - Apr 23 by daveB

only if they can afford it, I think we'll face some big problems the next few years, the whole new business plan seems to be develop players and swell on for big money but with clubs not getting much revenue in those big fees not likely to happen and we could lose the likes of Eze, Bright and Manning in a year for nothing.

Should say though this refusal to take a 50% cut has come from the PFA, they are telling all players to reject it

I'm torn on this. We are probably in a more solvent position financially than most thanks to the work of the last few years. Irritating that when we finally get a chance to cash in though...
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 13:59 - Apr 23 with 3910 viewsBostonR

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 08:31 - Apr 23 by nadera78

Who to? Outside of a handful of mega rich clubs no-one else has any money to be buying players. When Arsenal are making pay cuts (not deferments but cuts) of 12% then the writing is on the wall for everyone.

Players - and more particularly their agents - are going to find they are operating in an entirely different environment when this lockdown ends (whenever that is).

Now is the time to strike out the mega agent fees that have blighted the game. The EFL should agree a cap of say 5% and the players pays it.
Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 03:12 - Apr 24 with 3695 viewsLazyFan

Eze will be sold for £10m instead of £20m Spuds would have paid for him.
However, this is not so bad as players we were going to spend money on in the £3m bracket will now cost only £1m and £1m players £600K as prices drop all over the place.

Also, those clubs will have sell to survive and unlike us, may only have the one salable asset. We have 3, which we shall probably all sell this summer.

In addition, loan signings will be cheaper. Much cheaper. The big if is if we can survive, if we can we shall be in a decent place me thinks.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2020 21:22]

zzzzzzzzzz

Players asked to take a 50% pay cut on 07:14 - Apr 24 with 3636 viewsMiss_Terraces

There must be hundreds of players, who are kicking themselves for not signing a new deal. Their next deal won't be anywhere near as lucrative and I should imagine there will be more restrictions. Football clubs are not going to make the same mistake of having to play players, if there's no football.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024