Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rewind v Millwall 15:55 - Apr 25 with 1513 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A question for PP - one of the Millwall players had no shirt number or name on his shirt. Should he have been allowed on the field?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 15:55]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rewind v Millwall on 16:42 - Apr 25 with 1451 viewsterryb

He started with a number Brian, but it got blood on it so had to be replaced.

I would have expected that he was given a new numbered shirt at half time though.
Rewind v Millwall on 16:47 - Apr 25 with 1445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rewind v Millwall on 16:42 - Apr 25 by terryb

He started with a number Brian, but it got blood on it so had to be replaced.

I would have expected that he was given a new numbered shirt at half time though.

Ya, isn't that the norm Terry?

Anyway, decent game. Good performance to get a win against such a physical home team. Would hate to be a Millwall fan and watch that turgid crap every week.

Rewind v Millwall on 16:52 - Apr 25 with 1437 viewsBrixtonR

To make it realistic...................

Lions Lions Der Der Der Der Der Der Der
WAR !
Rewind v Millwall on 17:42 - Apr 25 with 1381 viewsRangersw12

Rewind v Millwall on 16:52 - Apr 25 by BrixtonR

To make it realistic...................

Lions Lions Der Der Der Der Der Der Der
WAR !

Your Wall and you know you are....
Rewind v Millwall on 17:52 - Apr 25 with 1372 viewsBrixtonR

Rewind v Millwall on 17:42 - Apr 25 by Rangersw12

Your Wall and you know you are....

Always...........

Like you lard guzzling, wippet lovin, brass band lovin ( we no wot u r) wrong uns wood no :-)

mug
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 21:35]
Rewind v Millwall on 19:35 - Apr 25 with 1300 viewsRog

Austin had the same no number thing in the playoff semi 2nd leg.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 19:36]
Rewind v Millwall on 21:16 - Apr 25 with 1253 viewsNorthernr

Another game where Eze was far better than I remember on the day. Dom Ball and Geoff Cameron also pretty peak. Toni MOTM though.
Rewind v Millwall on 22:01 - Apr 25 with 1190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rewind v Millwall on 21:16 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Another game where Eze was far better than I remember on the day. Dom Ball and Geoff Cameron also pretty peak. Toni MOTM though.

Toni definitely MOTM.

I thought Eze got better as the game went on. Chair also, who was unlucky to be taken off but experience for youth was probably a good call for that sub. Wells excellent coming in off the right - good tactics that against a statuesque Millwall defence.

Login to get fewer ads

Rewind v Millwall on 22:44 - Apr 25 with 1171 viewsNorthernr

Rewind v Millwall on 22:01 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Toni definitely MOTM.

I thought Eze got better as the game went on. Chair also, who was unlucky to be taken off but experience for youth was probably a good call for that sub. Wells excellent coming in off the right - good tactics that against a statuesque Millwall defence.

Yeh Warburton really smashed it that day. Leistner hadn’t been playing. And they warmed up in a back 4 with Cameron midfield then played three centre backs. Kane v good as well, not sure why he gets so much grief.
Rewind v Millwall on 22:49 - Apr 25 with 1165 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rewind v Millwall on 22:44 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Yeh Warburton really smashed it that day. Leistner hadn’t been playing. And they warmed up in a back 4 with Cameron midfield then played three centre backs. Kane v good as well, not sure why he gets so much grief.

Good point about Leistner coming in, and like the story about the warm-up.

I wonder with Kane if it's the ex-Chelsea thing, or just that we need a boo-boy, or both.

Rewind v Millwall on 23:41 - Apr 25 with 1139 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rewind v Millwall on 22:49 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I wonder with Kane if it's the ex-Chelsea thing, or just that we need a boo-boy, or both.

I like Kane. Inconsistent but lots to work with.

He was an unusual signing. Championship experience + Pace + No obvious injury history + Good pedegree + Chelsea = Free Transfer?

Think I said on another thread that he's the most QPR like fullback we've had in years and I stand by that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rewind v Millwall on 01:09 - Apr 26 with 1093 viewsBoston

Yes Mr McCarthy, Millwall and bloodied shirts are synonymous.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rewind v Millwall on 15:21 - Apr 28 with 917 viewsjoe90

Rewind v Millwall on 22:49 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Kane is possibly the worst player we have. Is this the only game you've seen him in this season? Nothing to do with him being at Chelsea - I don't think he ever played first team, just one of many young players hoovered up by the Chelsea youth system only to stifle their careers.
Rewind v Millwall on 16:03 - Apr 28 with 882 viewsozranger

Rewind v Millwall on 15:21 - Apr 28 by joe90

Kane is possibly the worst player we have. Is this the only game you've seen him in this season? Nothing to do with him being at Chelsea - I don't think he ever played first team, just one of many young players hoovered up by the Chelsea youth system only to stifle their careers.

But, does that not mean he has potential. That is what I believe the gaffer sees in him and I hope he is right.
Rewind v Millwall on 16:13 - Apr 28 with 873 viewsPinnerPaul

Hello Brain,

LOTG don't even mention shirt numbers so down to competition rules.

Referee would be expected to apply 'spirit of the game' and 'what football expects' and no one expects to be prevented playing without a numbered shirt!
Rewind v Millwall on 16:14 - Apr 28 with 873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rewind v Millwall on 15:21 - Apr 28 by joe90

No, I've seen all of his games for us Joe, albeit most on the box and only two of is games live.

I agree that he's not been great defensively in some games, but he's been ok in others, and he's also very good in attack. I think we've had far, far worse players than him and that he gets far more stick when he has an off-day than Manning on the other flank does when he has one. And I was just wondering why.

Rewind v Millwall on 16:14 - Apr 28 with 872 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rewind v Millwall on 16:13 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

Hello Brain,

LOTG don't even mention shirt numbers so down to competition rules.

Referee would be expected to apply 'spirit of the game' and 'what football expects' and no one expects to be prevented playing without a numbered shirt!

Never knew that. Thanks Paul.

Rewind v Millwall on 16:21 - Apr 28 with 859 viewswelwynranger

All in all
Your just another
P**ck from Millwall
Rewind v Millwall on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 839 viewsPinnerPaul

Rewind v Millwall on 16:14 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Never knew that. Thanks Paul.

No worries - getting desperate for things to do, I'm even re reading the laws during lockdown!
Rewind v Millwall on 17:29 - Apr 28 with 810 viewsjoe90

Rewind v Millwall on 16:03 - Apr 28 by ozranger

But, does that not mean he has potential. That is what I believe the gaffer sees in him and I hope he is right.

He's 26 and doesn't make the first team regularly - I don't think there's potential there. I don't want to be harsh, I don't like to dig out players, and I'm not the type of fan that gives players stick at a game either, but from what I've seen this season he has been very poor.
Rewind v Millwall on 17:49 - Apr 28 with 800 viewsjoe90

Rewind v Millwall on 16:14 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

No, I've seen all of his games for us Joe, albeit most on the box and only two of is games live.

I agree that he's not been great defensively in some games, but he's been ok in others, and he's also very good in attack. I think we've had far, far worse players than him and that he gets far more stick when he has an off-day than Manning on the other flank does when he has one. And I was just wondering why.

I think his best attribute is crossing, he has put a few good balls in the box this season. He'll also do the odd overlapping run, but rarely gets around his opposite number when on the ball. I remember being impressed with Kane in the Luton game, but since then I've not been impressed. He must have done okay when he played for Blackburn and Hull?

Manning does have his off days but generally has been better for us, more goals more assists. He's also younger than Kane.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 17:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024