Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Smallbone 14:18 - Apr 30 with 1107 viewsthis_charming_man

i know Boris Johnson is to blame because he's not made a first team start in over 2 months but this is a very good article about him, seems like a decent lad. I know it's in the Daily Mail which means many on here will dismiss it as FFS it's the mail etc but if you can bring yourself to read it you might enjoy it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8273045/amp/Southampton-starl

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Will Smallbone on 14:56 - Apr 30 with 857 viewsA1079

Thanks TCM. Read it. Lets hope he stays level headed and becomes a real asset.
Will Smallbone on 15:09 - Apr 30 with 834 viewscocklebreath

Good read, apparently I went to school with his dad

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Will Smallbone on 15:09 - Apr 30 with 835 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 14:56 - Apr 30 by A1079

Thanks TCM. Read it. Lets hope he stays level headed and becomes a real asset.

I've just realised something if his dad is who i think he is we played in the same football team for a couple of seasons about 25 years ago. Obviously before Will was born.

Will Smallbone on 15:26 - Apr 30 with 813 viewsericofarabia

Sounds very level headed and nice to see that he grew up watching The Saints as a youngster.
Will Smallbone on 17:27 - Apr 30 with 763 viewsTimSaint

Good piece on him and hopefully he can progress and become established in the squad.

As previously stated, I have a mate from Basingstoke who's son used to play in the same Berg team as Will. He said Will was far more dedicated than most - worked hard and treated it far more than just the hobby that most of the others saw football as.

Hopefully he can be added to the list of talent to have come from Basingstoke !!

Our very own Ollie Lancashire (I played Vets football with his dad for a season), Tom Cleverley, Harlee Dean and Skates Rowan Vine and Kit Symons.

Falcon - from Gladiators used to work in the town's Sports Centre
Tanita Tikarum - went to Queen Marys College
Rodney Trotter - famously went to Basingstoke Technical College

Perhaps Cockle knows of some others ?

TimSaint

Will Smallbone on 17:29 - Apr 30 with 758 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 17:27 - Apr 30 by TimSaint

Good piece on him and hopefully he can progress and become established in the squad.

As previously stated, I have a mate from Basingstoke who's son used to play in the same Berg team as Will. He said Will was far more dedicated than most - worked hard and treated it far more than just the hobby that most of the others saw football as.

Hopefully he can be added to the list of talent to have come from Basingstoke !!

Our very own Ollie Lancashire (I played Vets football with his dad for a season), Tom Cleverley, Harlee Dean and Skates Rowan Vine and Kit Symons.

Falcon - from Gladiators used to work in the town's Sports Centre
Tanita Tikarum - went to Queen Marys College
Rodney Trotter - famously went to Basingstoke Technical College

Perhaps Cockle knows of some others ?

Liz Hurley!

Will Smallbone on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 685 viewsA1079

Will Smallbone on 15:09 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

I've just realised something if his dad is who i think he is we played in the same football team for a couple of seasons about 25 years ago. Obviously before Will was born.

Well, I lived and was brought up in Basingstoke obviously long before Will was born but I wonder whereabouts his family lived and which schools they went to, though I don't recall the surname at all - not really a surprise as it was a booming town in population from the late 60's onwards when it became an overspill town for London, much to the virulent disdain of my parents and grandparents and many original Basingstoke locals at the time.
Will Smallbone on 21:11 - Apr 30 with 681 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:04 - Apr 30 by A1079

Well, I lived and was brought up in Basingstoke obviously long before Will was born but I wonder whereabouts his family lived and which schools they went to, though I don't recall the surname at all - not really a surprise as it was a booming town in population from the late 60's onwards when it became an overspill town for London, much to the virulent disdain of my parents and grandparents and many original Basingstoke locals at the time.

I went to Cranbourne and I’m told his dad was in my year, obviously wasn’t cool enough to be in my possee. Doctor Hilary Jones lives in Basingstoke, well 2 miles out of town in a little village, Sarah Ferguson is from my old manor Dummer which is on the outskirts of Basingstoke, it’s like a who’s who of A list celebrities. Just remembered Nick Moran who was a lead role in lock stock as well

Login to get fewer ads

Will Smallbone on 21:25 - Apr 30 with 675 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 21:11 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

I went to Cranbourne and I’m told his dad was in my year, obviously wasn’t cool enough to be in my possee. Doctor Hilary Jones lives in Basingstoke, well 2 miles out of town in a little village, Sarah Ferguson is from my old manor Dummer which is on the outskirts of Basingstoke, it’s like a who’s who of A list celebrities. Just remembered Nick Moran who was a lead role in lock stock as well

Different like to the one I know, I read in that article his dad is called Tony, I used to play in a team with a Tony Smallbone did a bit of Facebook stalking and looked like the same guy. He would be late 40s early 50s by now, so quite a bit older than you.

Will Smallbone on 21:28 - Apr 30 with 671 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:25 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Different like to the one I know, I read in that article his dad is called Tony, I used to play in a team with a Tony Smallbone did a bit of Facebook stalking and looked like the same guy. He would be late 40s early 50s by now, so quite a bit older than you.

Right my mate has it wrong, mine would be 43/44

Will Smallbone on 21:34 - Apr 30 with 664 viewsA1079

Will Smallbone on 21:11 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

You obviously circulated in more esteemed company and surroundings Cocklebreath than I ever did. I don't recall anyone well known and at the time I was at The Vyne which whilst I was there seemed to be in perpetual anarchy. Not alot of teaching went on. I left school in 1977.
Will Smallbone on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 654 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:34 - Apr 30 by A1079

You obviously circulated in more esteemed company and surroundings Cocklebreath than I ever did. I don't recall anyone well known and at the time I was at The Vyne which whilst I was there seemed to be in perpetual anarchy. Not alot of teaching went on. I left school in 1977.

The Vyne is pretty good nowadays, got a load of new plastic pitches. Always had the best looking girls as well

Will Smallbone on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 654 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 21:28 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Right my mate has it wrong, mine would be 43/44

Might be me who is wrong.

Will Smallbone on 21:41 - Apr 30 with 650 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 21:34 - Apr 30 by A1079

I’ve got a couple of mates from Popley, they moved out years ago but that was quite a naughty little place. Worked in Basingstoke for a number of years on wade road, had a few decent nights out up there. We had a team in the power league on Monday nights going back 12 years or so.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 21:41]

Will Smallbone on 21:41 - Apr 30 with 649 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:37 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Might be me who is wrong.

Just had a look on Facebook and I can’t even find a Smallbone from Basingstoke

Will Smallbone on 21:43 - Apr 30 with 642 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:41 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

I’ve got a couple of mates from Popley, they moved out years ago but that was quite a naughty little place. Worked in Basingstoke for a number of years on wade road, had a few decent nights out up there. We had a team in the power league on Monday nights going back 12 years or so.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 21:41]

Popley has always been the toughest estate in Basingstoke, Brighton hill 2nd. The roughest has to be Buckskin👎🏻

Will Smallbone on 21:49 - Apr 30 with 628 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 21:43 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Popley has always been the toughest estate in Basingstoke, Brighton hill 2nd. The roughest has to be Buckskin👎🏻

That pub in Popley, the barbican, not great Went in there a few time and played against them in the Hampshire cup.

I like the Bartons Mill.

Will Smallbone on 21:55 - Apr 30 with 615 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 21:49 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

That pub in Popley, the barbican, not great Went in there a few time and played against them in the Hampshire cup.

I like the Bartons Mill.

Barbican was a scary place, gone now. Was described as a hell hole when it was closed, only the night jar that was in the old market square rivalled it.

Will Smallbone on 22:01 - Apr 30 with 605 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 21:55 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Barbican was a scary place, gone now. Was described as a hell hole when it was closed, only the night jar that was in the old market square rivalled it.

Ha went in there a few time too. there was quite a good pub chineham area with 3 or 4 pool tables in, it was near some shops. Forget the name of it.

Will Smallbone on 22:06 - Apr 30 with 603 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 22:01 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Ha went in there a few time too. there was quite a good pub chineham area with 3 or 4 pool tables in, it was near some shops. Forget the name of it.

Chineham Arms? The place to go was the Bass house if you were into house music, now it’s a Tesco express. What’s the roughest pub in Southampton? The plunge of feathers was my pre match place till it closed, proper dump but i loved it, across the way the Kingsland was a proper sh&thole full of mental people.

Will Smallbone on 22:07 - Apr 30 with 599 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 22:06 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Chineham Arms? The place to go was the Bass house if you were into house music, now it’s a Tesco express. What’s the roughest pub in Southampton? The plunge of feathers was my pre match place till it closed, proper dump but i loved it, across the way the Kingsland was a proper sh&thole full of mental people.

Plume ffs

Will Smallbone on 22:19 - Apr 30 with 588 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 22:06 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Bass house is the one I’m thinking of, although chineham arms was nearer my office when I worked there.

Roughest pub in Southampton is a tough one. The plume was decent but nothing g like I hear of the old Warrens or Painted Wagon., every estate has one, the woodman used to be quite rough but now gone. my old local was the castle in midanbury high had a few moments, no where near roughest though. My side of town the Bitterne and Elephant and castle used to get some of the more colorful characters off harefield, thorn hill and sholing. After the cup game in 2003 wolves firm went into the elephant and castle and got battered, one of their main lads knocked out in the middle of bursledon road, that was just the locals.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:22]

Will Smallbone on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 573 viewscocklebreath

Will Smallbone on 22:19 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

Bass house is the one I’m thinking of, although chineham arms was nearer my office when I worked there.

Roughest pub in Southampton is a tough one. The plume was decent but nothing g like I hear of the old Warrens or Painted Wagon., every estate has one, the woodman used to be quite rough but now gone. my old local was the castle in midanbury high had a few moments, no where near roughest though. My side of town the Bitterne and Elephant and castle used to get some of the more colorful characters off harefield, thorn hill and sholing. After the cup game in 2003 wolves firm went into the elephant and castle and got battered, one of their main lads knocked out in the middle of bursledon road, that was just the locals.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:22]

Wolves getting battered by the locals, excellent. Can’t believe that game is 17 years ago, cracking day.

Will Smallbone on 22:56 - Apr 30 with 559 viewsthis_charming_man

Will Smallbone on 22:31 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Wolves getting battered by the locals, excellent. Can’t believe that game is 17 years ago, cracking day.

They got battered in town too.

Will Smallbone (n/t) on 14:18 - May 1 with 461 viewsOakley_saints61

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024