Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! 12:39 - May 26 with 1479 viewsdurham_exile

Providing nothing untoward occurs, (an increase in the R number, failure of the 51% of EFL clubs to support the Project restart, Stevenage legal challenges), then the Play Offs will take place in June.

Our last game at Brunton Park saw the following line up:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall

Harriott Pell Stevenson Poku

Norris Nouble

The subs bench:
Welch-Hayes Comley Clampin Ross Robinson Gambin and Senior

It is difficult to look beyond the Carlisle game for the starting XI.

Providing that the three games can be played in June, then there is no reason why the Colchester four cannot be considered for a squad place.

There is no word on Paris Cowan-Hall and his fitness or whether Jevani Brown, back from FGR, is available to play.

Individual training has started and after Thursday we should know when team training will restart.

Matches could be played June 13th and 17th with the final on or around 27 June.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 19:51 - May 27 with 1398 viewsmfb_cufc

The Colchester four are contracted until the 30th June, and they have indicated they would like to be considered for any potential play-off matches, so I agree with you durham, we should not look beyond playing the same team that beat Carlisle. As Robinson has gone back to Southend, that would leave a place on the bench for either Cowan-Hall on Brown if they are fit.

mfb

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 22:06 - May 27 with 1384 viewsBlue4U2

Why has Theo gone back to Scumend?
Surely the deal was until the season end, but the season hasn't ended yet as we're in the play-offs. Southend season is over as they prepare for League 2 so he's not playing for them at the moment
Up the "soon-to-be League 1" U's !!!
Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 11:03 - May 28 with 1351 viewsmfb_cufc

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 22:06 - May 27 by Blue4U2

Why has Theo gone back to Scumend?
Surely the deal was until the season end, but the season hasn't ended yet as we're in the play-offs. Southend season is over as they prepare for League 2 so he's not playing for them at the moment
Up the "soon-to-be League 1" U's !!!

The League 2 Play-off Final was due to be played on 16th May, so I assume Robinson's loan deal finished on that date. If that is the case I couldn't see Robbie Cowling paying to extend the loan. Apologies if I have got it wrong, but that is how I see the situation with Robinson.

mfb

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 18:54 - May 28 with 1328 viewswessex_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 11:03 - May 28 by mfb_cufc

The League 2 Play-off Final was due to be played on 16th May, so I assume Robinson's loan deal finished on that date. If that is the case I couldn't see Robbie Cowling paying to extend the loan. Apologies if I have got it wrong, but that is how I see the situation with Robinson.

Probably even simpler than that I suspect. Robinson will be an employee of SUFC, despite being on loan to us, and I expect as soon as the opportunity arose Ron will have put pretty much all of his employees on furlough, so I assume he can't play for us even if we (and he) wanted him to? Under the terms of furlough, he can work for others, provided he has the permission of his employer to do so, but that is usually tailored to suit those who want to supplement their 80% furlough salary with a bit of freelance driving, deliveries etc. You can do charitable work as an unpaid volunteer, perhaps we should ask him...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 22:28 - May 28 with 1313 viewsBlue4U2

Thanks for the clarity but isn't he out of contract at Scumend?
so we could just sign him on a one game basis and review after play-offs
After all like the "four" he has played with us since August he deserves to finish the job?
Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 10:06 - May 29 with 1298 viewsdurham_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 22:28 - May 28 by Blue4U2

Thanks for the clarity but isn't he out of contract at Scumend?
so we could just sign him on a one game basis and review after play-offs
After all like the "four" he has played with us since August he deserves to finish the job?

Seems the two clubs are striking a deal to allow Robinson to play for us in the Play offs.

Personally I think the players who have put us in the top six should see the job through.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 08:03 - May 30 with 1245 viewswessex_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 10:06 - May 29 by durham_exile

Seems the two clubs are striking a deal to allow Robinson to play for us in the Play offs.

Personally I think the players who have put us in the top six should see the job through.

Up the U's

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18482011.colchester-united-hoping-theo-robi

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 20:48 - Jun 1 with 1152 viewsdurham_exile

Play Off Semi Final v Exeter - likely line up! on 08:03 - May 30 by wessex_exile

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18482011.colchester-united-hoping-theo-robi

Good to see the players back training less the four who are self isolating until Friday.

With potentially three cup finals to play when we resume they will have to hit the ground running.

A tall order but eminently possible.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024