Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome 19:17 - Jul 23 with 25620 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52685

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:02 - Jul 23 with 9570 viewsaston_hoop

Great report, thanks for all your work this season. Never stop!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:03 - Jul 23 with 9569 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:02 - Jul 23 by aston_hoop

Great report, thanks for all your work this season. Never stop!

Seconded.

Thanks a million, Clive. Genuinely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:09 - Jul 23 with 9546 viewsnix

Fantastic report Clive. I would have given Eze an 8 just for that goal but I'm quibbling.

A really enjoyable night. Not only for the teams that are going up or getting in the play offs (poor Forest, lol!) but for the teams somewhat unexpectedly staying up. Good for Barnsley. We did them a double favour if memory serves.

Tonight showed why the Championship is often more fun than the division above.
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:16 - Jul 23 with 9517 viewsqpr_1968

another good read north, and don't feel so silly now mentioning joes legs akimbo for the first goal.....not blaming him though.

can't wait for next season.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 21:56 - Jul 23 with 9389 viewsNoelmc

Fantastic report Clive.

The match summarised the highs and lows of a very enjoyable season and your description captured this brilliantly.

Loved your line “They came to crown West Brom, and left talking about Ebere Eze”. That one will stay with me over the summer.

Thanks for all the hard work. Much appreciated.
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 22:15 - Jul 23 with 9318 viewsdaveB

brilliant as ever
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 22:17 - Jul 23 with 9315 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive. A brilliant report.

I would have needed more than a minute break before composing the piece on Eze. The goal was stunning but he repeatedly turnrd Albion players inside out.

Nexr season, can you please include that goal in the all the match previews to remind us of what we developed. Stuff the Geoff Cameron facts. Eze goals is the way to go!
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 22:30 - Jul 23 with 9272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 22:17 - Jul 23 by terryb

Thanks Clive. A brilliant report.

I would have needed more than a minute break before composing the piece on Eze. The goal was stunning but he repeatedly turnrd Albion players inside out.

Nexr season, can you please include that goal in the all the match previews to remind us of what we developed. Stuff the Geoff Cameron facts. Eze goals is the way to go!

I'm beginning to dread Eze's departure. It started today. Anything that reminds us of him would be very welcome, Terry.

Login to get fewer ads

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 9257 viewsloftus77

Thanks very much, Clive, for all the great reports throughout this rollercoaster of a season. And to you, Finney, Flo and all the Open All Rs team for all the excellent podcasts - made lockdown so much more bearable.
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 03:49 - Jul 24 with 9006 viewsJAPRANGERS

Brilliant report! Many thanks for all your hard work Clive!

(Only 7 weeks until it all starts up again. Wonder what out team will look like?? )
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 07:57 - Jul 24 with 8877 viewsAd99

Thanks for all the content during the season.

If you do end up jacking-in this website then start your own subscription-based Blog of reports and interviews. I'd pay in a second.
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 08:38 - Jul 24 with 8830 viewsNorthernr

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 07:57 - Jul 24 by Ad99

Thanks for all the content during the season.

If you do end up jacking-in this website then start your own subscription-based Blog of reports and interviews. I'd pay in a second.

I am examining options for next season, haven't seen a penny since March and that's not sustainable, particularly when travelling to matches comes back.

So far we're thinking of an option for people to donate, or sign up to chip in a bit each month - very Guardian I know but we can't put stuff behind a pay wall on this platform.

Or a Patreon with a post game podcast, recorded in the pub or on the train after the match. You wouldn't actually have to listen to it, but if as many people signed up to the Patreon as possible then that would cover our costs, and there'd also be some extra bonus material in the form of the podcast as a 'reward'. I'd have to perfect audio editing, and we're a bit worried that the last thing the world needs is another podcast, but yeh that was one idea we had.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 10:01 - Jul 24 with 8684 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I would gladly pay for content, Clive.

I think you'd need Patreon or something like it. With the best will in the world we all mean to pay for online stuff but don't always get around to it, so you would need something to ensure that you did get recompensed for all the hard work.

I'll have a think.

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:03 - Jul 24 with 8575 viewswestberksr

you convey the emotional roller coaster of supporting this shithouse club perfectly; putting to paper what a lot of us feel but are not able to turn into eloquent, funny, pragmatic, desperate words....

I salute you
Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 8528 viewsenfieldargh

As with QPR, will support you evermore

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:47 - Jul 24 with 8516 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:39 - Jul 24 by enfieldargh

As with QPR, will support you evermore

Well, hang on now....

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:50 - Jul 24 with 8510 viewsJeff

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:03 - Jul 24 by westberksr

you convey the emotional roller coaster of supporting this shithouse club perfectly; putting to paper what a lot of us feel but are not able to turn into eloquent, funny, pragmatic, desperate words....

I salute you

[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 11:51]

Can we not knock it?

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 8500 viewsJeff

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 10:01 - Jul 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I would gladly pay for content, Clive.

I think you'd need Patreon or something like it. With the best will in the world we all mean to pay for online stuff but don't always get around to it, so you would need something to ensure that you did get recompensed for all the hard work.

I'll have a think.

So a cheeky behind the curtains glimpse of the inner workings of LFW — t’other day We (Clive, plus the behind the scenes lot who put up with Clive, write the jokes, cook the food, turn up at Euston at 7am…) had a bit of a discussion, which ended up getting a bit shouty, about what Clive shout do to monetize LFW, with specific reference to the Patreon / Subscription model.

LFW can’t paywall the match reports / previews etc. on this site, so all of Clive’s content will remain free for the foreseeable, meaning that nobody is obliged to donate or do anything.

However, I believe that if Clive offered a Patreon, asking for, say £5 a month (could offer £1 / £5 / £10 a month), without doing a single thing different at all — no podcasts, no on the whistle reflection, no autographed photos on your birthday — enough people will still sign up for it to keep the lights on, even though the material will still be free if they pay nothing. People will pay because they want to, not because they have to.

Clive countered that if he didn’t offer any sort of promotion or incentive it’s almost a charity case. My counter-counter argument is that people will pay a) as a retrospective thank you for the last decade and b) to ensure the survival of the website in its current form.

My further issue is that if you offer some sort of podcast for those donating a fiver a month, and it turns out it’s a bit sh*t (There is only so much drunken on the whistle rambling from The Crown that you can tolerate from Clive, Simmo and I, believe me..) it will actually damage the LFW ‘product’ which is long form opinion that you can’t get anywhere else.

Additionally, if people think they’re paying a fiver for a cr@p podcast, they’re more likely to cancel their Patreon down the line, as they won’t associate the Patreon with the long form opinion pieces, only the podcast…

(I’m using the podcast as a generic plot device here, could be any sort of feature behind the Patreon wall…)

Curious to hear people’s thoughts. I honestly think people will pay a nominal monthly fee because they want to, not because they have to, Clive’s not so sure…

Can we not knock it?

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:58 - Jul 24 with 8485 viewsNorthernr

Pleasing all of the people, all of the time - Report on 11:51 - Jul 24 by Jeff

So a cheeky behind the curtains glimpse of the inner workings of LFW — t’other day We (Clive, plus the behind the scenes lot who put up with Clive, write the jokes, cook the food, turn up at Euston at 7am…) had a bit of a discussion, which ended up getting a bit shouty, about what Clive shout do to monetize LFW, with specific reference to the Patreon / Subscription model.

LFW can’t paywall the match reports / previews etc. on this site, so all of Clive’s content will remain free for the foreseeable, meaning that nobody is obliged to donate or do anything.

However, I believe that if Clive offered a Patreon, asking for, say £5 a month (could offer £1 / £5 / £10 a month), without doing a single thing different at all — no podcasts, no on the whistle reflection, no autographed photos on your birthday — enough people will still sign up for it to keep the lights on, even though the material will still be free if they pay nothing. People will pay because they want to, not because they have to.

Clive countered that if he didn’t offer any sort of promotion or incentive it’s almost a charity case. My counter-counter argument is that people will pay a) as a retrospective thank you for the last decade and b) to ensure the survival of the website in its current form.

My further issue is that if you offer some sort of podcast for those donating a fiver a month, and it turns out it’s a bit sh*t (There is only so much drunken on the whistle rambling from The Crown that you can tolerate from Clive, Simmo and I, believe me..) it will actually damage the LFW ‘product’ which is long form opinion that you can’t get anywhere else.

Additionally, if people think they’re paying a fiver for a cr@p podcast, they’re more likely to cancel their Patreon down the line, as they won’t associate the Patreon with the long form opinion pieces, only the podcast…

(I’m using the podcast as a generic plot device here, could be any sort of feature behind the Patreon wall…)

Curious to hear people’s thoughts. I honestly think people will pay a nominal monthly fee because they want to, not because they have to, Clive’s not so sure…

Yeh... that.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:08 - Jul 24 with 8434 viewsdavman

I'd pay, but I'd expect you to buy we a pint when I next bump into you (which at our current rate is about once every 6-7 years, so you should be able to cover that! 😜).

No, seriously, donations work for me...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 8354 viewsdanehoop

I'd be content paying Patreon style to help keep the site going. Given the amount of content that goes out and the huge amount of free time that is put into it by its creators that seems more than reasonable.

Appreciate that not everyone can contribute, especially not at such a difficult time, but a relatively low start point of say,£1 or £2 a month should be more than sufficient to gain a decent level of income. Maybe able to note on Post Forums levels of membership so pay a £10 a month makes you a gold member so to speak.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 12:36]

Never knowingly understood

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:51 - Jul 24 with 8261 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive excellent report a most enjoyable read. Thanks again for another season of excellent coverage of the games including previews and match reports. My other half pointed out i spent more time reading content on this site than any other reading matter. I would be happy to make regular donations money well spent thanks again and enjoy the well earned break before next season.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:51 - Jul 24 with 8260 viewsHunterhoop

Clive, forgive my ignorance but how come nothing has come through from Fans’ Network for the site given the adverts and volume you must be generating? Is Fans Network screwing you?

I’d be happy to contribute on a monthly basis, certainly. Don’t know enough about the topic to advise of the best manner, but would have no issue following the method chosen.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:51 - Jul 24 with 8265 viewsBklynRanger

Another season of highly entertaining reports, Clive - thanks. Whatever needs done to keep things running we'll do.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:03 - Jul 24 with 8226 viewsfrancisbowles

As I and many others stated before happy to make a regular contribution. Is it possible to restrict some access to those who pay the fee and login. I understand you want/need to keep the match reports freely available but do you have the same requirement for your previews, referees, history etc and maybe the ability to post rather than lurk.

There is one word that describes Eze and this website...... BRILLIANT.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024