Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the Ball . 14:13 - Jul 28 with 975 viewsbwildered

New Boss -Steve Ball

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

On the Ball . on 14:15 - Jul 28 with 973 viewsColukev

Ffs
On the Ball . on 15:04 - Jul 28 with 942 viewsburnsieespana

Who is his assistant?
I think we need to give Ball a chance as for all we know he might have very different ideas to JMcG.
On the Ball . on 15:07 - Jul 28 with 938 viewsFruitbat

On the Ball . on 15:04 - Jul 28 by burnsieespana

Who is his assistant?
I think we need to give Ball a chance as for all we know he might have very different ideas to JMcG.

McGreal is available..........
On the Ball . on 15:35 - Jul 28 with 918 viewsdurham_exile

On the Ball . on 15:07 - Jul 28 by Fruitbat

McGreal is available..........

The faithful will get behind him but he is going to have his work cut out to achieve promotion this season for the Super U's.

Up the U's

Who once said you never win anything with kids.
Let us hope that AH is proved wrong again

Durham_exile

On the Ball . on 15:39 - Jul 28 with 914 viewsnoah4x4

Frankly, relieved it is not Brown, but disappointed it is Ball.

Let's hope he gets his bearings soon.
On the Ball . on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 881 viewsGOSBTS

For me, as long Ball helps us comfortably stay up next season that's good enough for me. We can fix our eyes on promotion in (Godwilling) post-Covid season of 2021-22.
On the Ball . on 16:47 - Jul 28 with 879 viewsMoor_Pinot

On the Ball . on 15:35 - Jul 28 by durham_exile

The faithful will get behind him but he is going to have his work cut out to achieve promotion this season for the Super U's.

Up the U's

I have no option but to give the bloke a chance. Can say little more, it just feels like the club gets ever tinier with more distant horizons.
Reality I spose.

Moor Pinot

On the Ball . on 16:48 - Jul 28 with 876 viewsthrillseeker

On the Ball . on 15:35 - Jul 28 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Sorry Durham but not sure faithful will get behind him.

Although I expected this cheap option appointment I still feel underwhelmed and do not feel anything positive about this.

Normally I am prepared to give a new appointment the benefit of doubt and support them but on this occasion I am finding it very difficult to offer any support with this decision.

I am now expecting a below mid table position next season although I do hope I am proved wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

On the Ball . on 17:03 - Jul 28 with 866 viewsdurham_exile

On the Ball . on 15:39 - Jul 28 by noah4x4

Frankly, relieved it is not Brown, but disappointed it is Ball.

Let's hope he gets his bearings soon.

Reminds me about the classic Two Ronnies joke about the two men working in a ball bearing factory.

One lost his bearings and the other lost the will to live!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

On the Ball . on 17:06 - Jul 28 with 863 viewsdurham_exile

On the Ball . on 16:48 - Jul 28 by thrillseeker

Sorry Durham but not sure faithful will get behind him.

Although I expected this cheap option appointment I still feel underwhelmed and do not feel anything positive about this.

Normally I am prepared to give a new appointment the benefit of doubt and support them but on this occasion I am finding it very difficult to offer any support with this decision.

I am now expecting a below mid table position next season although I do hope I am proved wrong.

TS - we have little option but to support the appointment.

We do however seem to be advancing backwards.

Lots of pressure on SB shoulders this coming season.

My biggest concern again is a lack of strikers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

On the Ball . on 17:42 - Jul 28 with 847 viewsnoah4x4

Promotion under Cowling couldn't be further away if we were looking through the wrong end of a telescope.
On the Ball . on 17:49 - Jul 28 with 845 viewsbwildered

Colchesterian in charge of his hometown club . We will never know to what extent McG took his advice on the bench in match situations bearing in mind his name it is the boss who's job is on the line.
On the positive side, he knows the club and knows L2 . No news on No2 at present .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

On the Ball . on 17:50 - Jul 28 with 844 viewswessex_exile

This will be a challenging season for football in general, and certainly for the U's. Steve Ball will be the manager, and he therefore gets my support. I'm certainly not writing off the season or the U's before even a ball is kicked in anger.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

On the Ball . on 22:28 - Jul 28 with 768 viewsLeadbelly

Whilst this is an appointment both predictable and uninspiring in equal measure, for me at least, none of that is Ball’s fault. He takes over the role in unprecedented times and I’ve no doubt it will be very difficult to improve on the past season’s final league position but if anyone has been in a better position over the past few seasons to know where improvements can be made then it should be him. In the circumstances he has my support until or unless that support is proven to be misplaced.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

On the Ball . on 05:12 - Jul 29 with 747 viewspwrightsknees

Opinions on the appointment obviously vary.

But please let's not condemn the man before he's been given a chance to show what he can do before even a ball has been kicked.

Please all stay safe and take care.

Up the U's
On the Ball . on 09:26 - Jul 29 with 717 viewsMaldonian

On the Ball . on 14:15 - Jul 28 by Colukev

Ffs

Another Four Years in Division Two

FFS
On the Ball . on 15:37 - Jul 29 with 663 viewsgerry_us

Can't find fault in anything our Chairman does as without him where would we be?
Interesting to note his comments that the club needs to move in a different direction and consequently McG had to go. The fact that we have now appointed his no.2 means that either they didn't have a common policy together or Ball is now tuned in with the Chairman about a long term youth policy.
Only next season will give us the real story...maybe! At least we will still be afloat next season, how many teams may not be? I would like to think with a new direction within the club philosophy we may see a new direction in our movement towards Div.1.
Like or dislike Ball he needs and deserves our utmost respect and support in the next few months. Give him that chance to succeed guys, if he does, he will deserve it, and won't we all be happy then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024