Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. 00:23 - Jul 31 with 2249 viewsTheHappyGooner

As we have battled through Covid I am
Introducing a new competition more akin to the old Happy cup as a one off knock out for next season. This will not go towards any historic points in the Happy League - but will be logged for posterity. It is a simple gesture of thanks to all participators over the years. This is a ONE off memorial cup/competition ..

This is in memory of our departed Yankee brother Peter who I had met on several occasions and found him to be a most generous man.

The prize is £50 and will buy 2 tickets for a Colchester United match in 2021 a choice of 3 matches or £25 cash.

I will not be entering myself (unless rule 743 needs to be activated) but my partner Gooner will enter as himself. (Who also knew Pete).

Do indicate your interest and entry - thank you

* rule 743 shortage of player ..

Cheers

Mr Happy - your president.

RIP Peter mate. You were unique. You were like Marmite. I like Marmite.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 0:53]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 12:52 - Jul 31 with 1750 viewsnoah4x4

Throws cap into ring....
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 13:06 - Jul 31 with 1744 viewsburnsieespana

I did not know Pete apart from through this medium but a nice gesture Mr Happy and I would like to participate.
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 13:23 - Jul 31 with 1733 viewsdurham_exile

I never actually met Barside but was due to meet up at Scunny for the Exiles AGM some years ago.

Generous gesture Happy, please count me in.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 14:43 - Jul 31 with 1729 viewsthrillseeker

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 13:23 - Jul 31 by durham_exile

I never actually met Barside but was due to meet up at Scunny for the Exiles AGM some years ago.

Generous gesture Happy, please count me in.

Up the U's

I met Pete 3 or 4 times in the Bricklayers and always had a great time. I also got to meet a few of tbe boarders at these Bricklayers meet ups.

I think I owe Durham & possibly Gerry an apology as I am sure it was one of these Friday nights that included too.much drink causing Pete to miss that match due to a huge hangover.

It is a great gesture Mr H so please include me
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 14:43]
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 22:19 - Jul 31 with 1707 viewsDaniel

Count me in.

And yes, it was all Thrillseekers fault 😉
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 22:35 - Jul 31 with 1701 viewsnoah4x4

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 14:43 - Jul 31 by thrillseeker

I met Pete 3 or 4 times in the Bricklayers and always had a great time. I also got to meet a few of tbe boarders at these Bricklayers meet ups.

I think I owe Durham & possibly Gerry an apology as I am sure it was one of these Friday nights that included too.much drink causing Pete to miss that match due to a huge hangover.

I recall a similar evening at the Brickies with Pete. Wasn’t my fault.
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 11:56 - Aug 1 with 1678 viewsgerry_us

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 14:43 - Jul 31 by thrillseeker

Two hours waiting at Donny station for Barside. Nearly missed ko!
Thanks guys.
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 12:03 - Aug 1 with 1676 viewsTheHappyGooner

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 11:56 - Aug 1 by gerry_us

Two hours waiting at Donny station for Barside. Nearly missed ko!
Thanks guys.

Well - that won’t happen again..

Pete was only 54 when he left us ..

I would hope any winner of this raises a glass to a bloke who was unpredictable ...but lovable when you got to know him.

We all have our flaws ..
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 12:05]

Login to get fewer ads

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:48 - Aug 1 with 1657 viewsoxfcolu

Count me in.
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:21 - Aug 3 with 1624 viewsmrhappy

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:48 - Aug 1 by oxfcolu

Count me in.

Just to confirm

This is for Happy League members only

Closing date for entries - Friday 28th August
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 0:57]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 18:44 - Aug 3 with 1606 viewsBlue4U2

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:21 - Aug 3 by mrhappy

Just to confirm

This is for Happy League members only

Closing date for entries - Friday 28th August
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 0:57]

Yes please Thanks Mr Happy
Rip Pete
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 20:10 - Aug 3 with 1595 viewsBFG

Yes please
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 19:50 - Aug 14 with 1562 viewsmrhappy

Anymore for anymore ?

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 20:53 - Aug 14 with 1559 viewsmfb_cufc

Count me in please Mr H.

mfb

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 14:44 - Aug 18 with 1505 viewsMadeira163

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 20:53 - Aug 14 by mfb_cufc

Count me in please Mr H.

I’m in
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 22:44 - Aug 22 with 1456 viewsconcordman

I got a phone call from Pete and he had mentioned the next time I was in DC area to get together. Unfortunately never happened. Seemed like a very nice person. Count me in please.
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 10:06 - Aug 23 with 1439 viewsblueeagle

I'd like to be in, thanks
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:56 - Aug 23 with 1431 viewsmrhappy

First 16 to register ONLY

Only 4 spots left

GoonerDes playing under his own name in this one.

Gerry you need to CONFIRM

Draw will be made soon after ..
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 22:01]

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 19:13 - Aug 23 with 1421 viewsmrhappy

So far ..

GoonerDes
MFB
Noah
Daniel
Durham
Thrill
Ox Colu
Blue4u2
GSY
BFG
Blueeagle
Concordman
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 22:00]

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 15:56 - Aug 24 with 1382 viewsTheFatGooner

Count me in
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:15 - Aug 24 with 1373 viewsTheHappyGooner

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 15:56 - Aug 24 by TheFatGooner

Count me in

3 to go

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 18:22 - Aug 24 with 1369 viewsTheHappyGooner

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 17:15 - Aug 24 by TheHappyGooner

3 to go

Tick tock..

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 22:12 - Aug 24 with 1355 viewsghughes11

I am happy to participate :-)

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 23:07 - Aug 24 with 1350 viewsbasher2010

Count me in if i’m not too late! Please
THE PRESIDENTS BARSIDE PETE MEMORIAL CUP - Happy League - addition - do apply. on 05:21 - Aug 25 with 1343 viewsTheHappyGooner

One spot left

Gerry you need to confirm

Last call

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024