Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's 19:16 - Aug 1 with 920 viewsdurham_exile

Sears is 30 and it is 5 years since he left us for the sum of £100k.

But if the Poor man Road side secure the services of one of their striker targets could he make a dramatic return to the Jobserve Community Stadium.

Unlikely perhaps but we desperately need another striker soon.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 19:56 - Aug 1 with 909 viewsLeadbelly

A lot of injury problems so I hope not.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 899 viewsgerry_us

Is Chris Iwelumo still available?
Or Jamie Cureton?
Don't panic Peter. It'll all come good at season commencement.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:23]
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 23:57 - Aug 1 with 875 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 20:48 - Aug 1 by gerry_us

Is Chris Iwelumo still available?
Or Jamie Cureton?
Don't panic Peter. It'll all come good at season commencement.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:23]

Gerry
My principal concern is our lack of strikers.
We are also short of Keepers.

Other clubs are making signings.

We have lost 6 good players and have no replacements.

Grim times indeed.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 07:08 - Aug 2 with 863 viewsnoah4x4

We have more kids than Old Mother Hubbard. Let's hope some can deliver.

I heard rumour yesterday that Bradford have a wage budget of £3.5m. If they have to adjust that to £1.5m they will face immense challenges.

It's clear Cowling is paving the way for a wage capped future. Let's hope it doesn't screw us in the interim. But the Academy is the way to go in this new paradigm.
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 805 viewsburnsieespana

Noah I know you watch some of the under 23 games so do we have a youngster who might stepbuobtobthe plate as a striker?
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:40 - Aug 6 with 707 viewsnoah4x4

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 20:20 - Aug 2 by burnsieespana

Noah I know you watch some of the under 23 games so do we have a youngster who might stepbuobtobthe plate as a striker?

I havn't seen an under 23 or under 18 game for a very long time, and not simply because of Covid-19. Spectators cars were prohibited from entering the training ground as during the wet Autumn/Winter, parking was becoming a problem (sea of mud!). But these have caught my eye....

Andre Hasanally (attacking midfield)
Michael Fernandes (right wing).

Not seen enough of Aaron Brown (c/f, Northern Ireland U17 international) to form a judgement. Apart from Chuck and Jevani Brown, I reckon we don't have any obvious solutions.

In goal, we have 19 year old Callum Coulter who made the bench versus Carlisle. Not seen much of him, but under contract until June 2021.
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:50 - Aug 6 with 703 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:40 - Aug 6 by noah4x4

I havn't seen an under 23 or under 18 game for a very long time, and not simply because of Covid-19. Spectators cars were prohibited from entering the training ground as during the wet Autumn/Winter, parking was becoming a problem (sea of mud!). But these have caught my eye....

Andre Hasanally (attacking midfield)
Michael Fernandes (right wing).

Not seen enough of Aaron Brown (c/f, Northern Ireland U17 international) to form a judgement. Apart from Chuck and Jevani Brown, I reckon we don't have any obvious solutions.

In goal, we have 19 year old Callum Coulter who made the bench versus Carlisle. Not seen much of him, but under contract until June 2021.

Noah I have seen both Hasanally and Fernandes play both have promise.

Sadly we are very limited for strikers but then we have been for several years now!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 702 viewsgerry_us

There is absolutely no doubt that we will be seeing plenty of the youngsters during the coming months. I have absolutely no issue with Mr Cowling. With him in control, as there can be no doubt he has full control, we will be one of the teams that survive the coming difficult season. Conversely I would be very concerned to see us spend money we obviously cant afford. Come season start there are going to be players looking for teams...not the other way round. I have every confidence in RC and the new manager to do their absolute best within the financial constraints that currently exist.
Cheer up Durham. I foresee a positive and exciting season coming up, whatever the squad may look like. We are the U's...what more could we ask?
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 676 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:55 - Aug 6 by gerry_us

There is absolutely no doubt that we will be seeing plenty of the youngsters during the coming months. I have absolutely no issue with Mr Cowling. With him in control, as there can be no doubt he has full control, we will be one of the teams that survive the coming difficult season. Conversely I would be very concerned to see us spend money we obviously cant afford. Come season start there are going to be players looking for teams...not the other way round. I have every confidence in RC and the new manager to do their absolute best within the financial constraints that currently exist.
Cheer up Durham. I foresee a positive and exciting season coming up, whatever the squad may look like. We are the U's...what more could we ask?

Gerry I am ever the optimist but I don't have the same warm feeling.

The youngsters are going to be asked to do some superhuman stuff and the one thing you require in league two is a direct no nonsense approach. A blend of experience and youth.

Every season I predict promotion and over the past 10 years we have advanced backwards.

I will be there again this season restrictions notwithstanding but I fear consolidation is the best we can hope for.

I curse our failure to achieve promotion because league one is going to be exciting this year.

One bad season in league two and the trapdoor to oblivion awaits.

Grim times indeed.

I truly hope I'm wrong.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 23:51 - Aug 6 with 645 viewsghughes11

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 18:57 - Aug 6 by durham_exile

Gerry I am ever the optimist but I don't have the same warm feeling.

The youngsters are going to be asked to do some superhuman stuff and the one thing you require in league two is a direct no nonsense approach. A blend of experience and youth.

Every season I predict promotion and over the past 10 years we have advanced backwards.

I will be there again this season restrictions notwithstanding but I fear consolidation is the best we can hope for.

I curse our failure to achieve promotion because league one is going to be exciting this year.

One bad season in league two and the trapdoor to oblivion awaits.

Grim times indeed.

I truly hope I'm wrong.

Up the U's

I think Durham and Gerry have traded Usernames and Password

Daniel can this be looked into please

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:13 - Aug 8 with 588 viewsgerry_us

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 23:51 - Aug 6 by ghughes11

I think Durham and Gerry have traded Usernames and Password

Daniel can this be looked into please

Don't think that's an insult...maybe Durham will disagree?
Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 17:25 - Aug 8 with 585 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 16:13 - Aug 8 by gerry_us

Don't think that's an insult...maybe Durham will disagree?

I think we've been found out!

Just feeling a little liverish of late hence the realism!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears possible return to the U's on 21:14 - Aug 8 with 555 viewsburnsieespana

Ball and whoever his assistant is might change our playing style.
Even with the loss of the 'four' we still have some good experience in the side and the youngsters might become released and blossom.
Having see Chilcers take the penalty and Crystal Palace I felt all season he should have been playing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024