Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol 09:59 - Aug 5 with 6566 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan -

* Spots the keeper wandering around in Neasden and pings the ball into the bottom corner: 1-0! Bang!

* Plays an intricate one-two with Mitrovic and slots the ball past the keeper with his right foot: 2-0! Bang!

* Drops a Fu ck-bomb in the post-match interviews! Bang!

* Dedicates the goals, the win and his entire career to, "the man who inspired me, who showed me that if you focussed, worked hard and approached things with the right outlook, anything was possible when it came to sensible hair. Konk showed me the way and everything I've achieved; 99% of it is down to the confidence I've gained from copying his haircut - although he wears his a bit different". Bang!
Nice touch that from Joe. Wasn't expecting it.

What a weird promotion: underwhelming for most of the season, play-offs in empty stadiums, watched the final in a Somerset bungalow, and the new season starts in about three hours. A pretty dismal game with neither side creating much, but hey-ho. Of our current squad, I only have confidence in Rodak, Bryan (weirdly looked better in PL than Championship), Hector(?), Cairney and Mitrovic being PL quality. We really need to sign Reed as he's been very good for us.

Not confident that we'll do good business - with Tony Khan as DOF we've converted the three disappointing loanees into permanent signings for £30m odd. I'm sure he now feels vindicated, so it'll probably be more of the same. Hopefully Tony Khan will focus on his Wrestling business and let someone else worry about the football.

Switchingbee/Newbee - Genuinely very sad that you missed the last competitive game at GP - hope you get to have some sort of send-off. Brentford were a much more entertaining side than us this season, but we finished on the same points, and I think Parker got last night's game spot-on. Would have been weird for you to be promoted to the top division for the first time in 70-odd years, without any of you being there. Sure you'll get there before too long.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:42]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

No subject on 10:07 - Aug 5 with 5349 viewspeejaybee

Pished ????????????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

No subject on 10:10 - Aug 5 with 5314 viewstimcocking

I assume he's talking about the cricket? Got to give Ireland some credit there.
No subject on 10:18 - Aug 5 with 5296 viewsbosh67

Well done Konk. All your work there! :)

Good luck to Fulham next season. Hopefully they won't repeat the traditional QPR promotion model they followed last time by spending the national debt of Cuba on a new team! Some good players there and a few defensive additions needed to withstand the Prem attack forces but not much else.

At least you may have broken or at least pierced the self entitled Brentford massive!

Tell us what it's like up there!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:18]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 5170 viewsKonk

Sorry about the blank posting - my laptop was being a div.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 5146 viewsMick_S

Sensible.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:50]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 5119 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:50 - Aug 5 by Mick_S

Sensible.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:50]

It's like looking in a mirror mate. Uncanny what can happen when your barber only knows one cut.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 5082 viewsMytch_QPR

Classy post. Classy haircut. I know that you're a feet on the ground sort of bloke, Konk - so you won't be losing sleep next season if you do struggle, but I hope you can stay up for a few seasons - just to make things more interesting. If you can stay up and Leeds and Villa drop that'll keep most of the posters on here happy (well... less miserable anyway).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 5073 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:03 - Aug 5 by Mytch_QPR

Classy post. Classy haircut. I know that you're a feet on the ground sort of bloke, Konk - so you won't be losing sleep next season if you do struggle, but I hope you can stay up for a few seasons - just to make things more interesting. If you can stay up and Leeds and Villa drop that'll keep most of the posters on here happy (well... less miserable anyway).

Thanks mate. I just hope we take a very different approach to last time. It will be a real struggle to stay-up, but I just hope we go for PL experience with signings. We'll probably be back in the Championship before we know it - my favourite division (even when we're not doing very well in it).

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:09 - Aug 5 with 5057 viewsrrrspricey

Congrats on reaching the promised land again Konk and enjoy the half a dozen or so victories.

On last night showing i'm surprised you have confidence on Rodák, i thought his distribution was dreadful.

Again i'm only going by last night but i thought Onomah in particular looked very good, and Kebano, De Cordova-Reid and Kamara could make a decent contribution in the Prem and the diving Frenchman can also put in a shift.

Getting Sessegnon back would also be a great addition (assuming you'd want him back of course)
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 4969 views18StoneOfHoop

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:06 - Aug 5 by Konk

Thanks mate. I just hope we take a very different approach to last time. It will be a real struggle to stay-up, but I just hope we go for PL experience with signings. We'll probably be back in the Championship before we know it - my favourite division (even when we're not doing very well in it).

"I just hope we go for PL experience with signings"

Shirley shome mishtake,Konk?

That's precisely where QPR's spending policy went wrong
expensive one last big payday PL proven mercenary b'staads
2 words and one eyebrow for you
European cup-winner who refused to sit on the bench:
JOSE BOSINGWA!

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 11:51]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 4913 viewsDejR_vu

I hope Konk enjoys the season but that, ultimately, Fulham get relegated. If we’re going to be sh1t, I want as many of our rivals as possible to be sh1t as well.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 4839 views2Thomas2Bowles

While you're flush £30M for Eze and you can thank us later.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 12:28 - Aug 5 with 4770 viewsDannyPaddox

Well done Fulham. Well Done Konk. Well done Konk’s barber. Had a great evening myself with a Fulham mate. Watched the game on a laptop on one of the slips of the rowing clubs almost opposite Craven Cottage. I enjoyed it. Maybe it was an impression brought on by the summer light, the Brentford shirts, or the Guinness but to me it had the tense atmosphere of a World Cup Tournament game with a lot riding on it.

In the darkness at the end of the game the singing (I assume from outside the Eight Bells) wafted loudly along the river creating a kind of Apocalypse Now vibe. And when I stumbled back Colonel Kurz-style along the river around midnight to Hammersmith - the noise of a generator or a digger suggested they’d already re-commenced working on the River Stand - why? fcuk knows? maybe the Premier League are stipulating every ground must have at least four sides of cardboard cut-outs for the start of the new EPL-BCD season. Anyway a top evening and the result I wanted. Tommy Trinder, Karl Lagerfeld, Michael Jackson - your boys done it again.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 15:43 - Aug 5 with 4524 viewslightwaterhoop

He would not have scored either of those two goals if there had been 90,000 fans breathing
down his neck.They were classic training ground goals.
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 18:40 - Aug 5 with 4339 viewsRanger_Things

Congratulations Konk. Your boy done good.
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 18:49 - Aug 5 with 4316 viewsGroveR

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 12:28 - Aug 5 by DannyPaddox

Well done Fulham. Well Done Konk. Well done Konk’s barber. Had a great evening myself with a Fulham mate. Watched the game on a laptop on one of the slips of the rowing clubs almost opposite Craven Cottage. I enjoyed it. Maybe it was an impression brought on by the summer light, the Brentford shirts, or the Guinness but to me it had the tense atmosphere of a World Cup Tournament game with a lot riding on it.

In the darkness at the end of the game the singing (I assume from outside the Eight Bells) wafted loudly along the river creating a kind of Apocalypse Now vibe. And when I stumbled back Colonel Kurz-style along the river around midnight to Hammersmith - the noise of a generator or a digger suggested they’d already re-commenced working on the River Stand - why? fcuk knows? maybe the Premier League are stipulating every ground must have at least four sides of cardboard cut-outs for the start of the new EPL-BCD season. Anyway a top evening and the result I wanted. Tommy Trinder, Karl Lagerfeld, Michael Jackson - your boys done it again.

My old TA unit were based next door to the Eight Bells, great little boozer.

Konk, please play Odoi in the Premier league, it was like watching a car crash last time.
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 19:29 - Aug 5 with 4246 viewstraininvain

Congratulations Konk. Reckon you’ll spend big again and replace most the promotion team or learn from last time?

And what was going on with Mitrovic? Could barely run when he came on!
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 4126 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:09 - Aug 5 by rrrspricey

Congrats on reaching the promised land again Konk and enjoy the half a dozen or so victories.

On last night showing i'm surprised you have confidence on Rodák, i thought his distribution was dreadful.

Again i'm only going by last night but i thought Onomah in particular looked very good, and Kebano, De Cordova-Reid and Kamara could make a decent contribution in the Prem and the diving Frenchman can also put in a shift.

Getting Sessegnon back would also be a great addition (assuming you'd want him back of course)

Thanks, mate.

Rodak has been excellent this season - most people would have him or Mitrovic as our player of the season. Could definitely improve on his distribution, though!

Onomah has really improved over the past couple of months and will hopefully be up to doing a job in the PL. Bobby DR is a decent player, but it hasn't really clicked for him with us. Might just need a couple of goals, but I'm not really sure Parker has figured out how/where to play him. Knockaert works hard, but is very frustrating; almost always makes the wrong decision. Anguissa has apparently had a good year on loan at Villareal - he started to look quite tidy during our last couple of months in the PL last time around, so maybe he'll be back in contention.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 21:26 - Aug 5 with 4115 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 11:28 - Aug 5 by 18StoneOfHoop

"I just hope we go for PL experience with signings"

Shirley shome mishtake,Konk?

That's precisely where QPR's spending policy went wrong
expensive one last big payday PL proven mercenary b'staads
2 words and one eyebrow for you
European cup-winner who refused to sit on the bench:
JOSE BOSINGWA!

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 11:51]

Okay, what I meant was, I hope we buy some players with PL experience who aren't cun ts and aren't dog shi t. Last time we spunked a fortune on players who were completely unsuited to either what we needed or to the Premier League. And everything was done at the very last moment (as per usual). I hope Tony Khan has the good grace and humility to let someone who knows what they're doing oversee signings, and that it happens quickly.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 21:57 - Aug 5 with 4073 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 12:28 - Aug 5 by DannyPaddox

Thanks mate. That sounds like a lovely evening. Nice photo. Wish I'd been there. It was my father-in-law's birthday, so I watched us getting promoted whilst sat on a sofa in my in-law's front room. No-one else was enjoying the game - which was fair enough as it was a bit sh it. Even my son, who was excited and had permission to stay up late, decided he'd rather go to bed and have his Mum read his Lego Star Wars book with him. When it became apparent that the game wasn't going to improve, my father-in-law started turning the telly over every five minutes to check the cricket score and watch a couple of balls. Fair enough: his telly, his bungalow, his birthday.

All a bit different to the last time we went up. Raised a glass to Karl at the final whistle. He hated Brentford more than anyone. Still barred from the Royal Oak.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 22:07 - Aug 5 with 4054 viewsKonk

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 19:29 - Aug 5 by traininvain

Congratulations Konk. Reckon you’ll spend big again and replace most the promotion team or learn from last time?

And what was going on with Mitrovic? Could barely run when he came on!

Mitrovic missed both Cardiff games as he was struggling with his hamstrings. I think the guidance last night was that he might be up to 10 minutes, but that was it. Crucial contribution with the one-two for Joe's second goal. He's generally been really good at controlling his temper at Fulham, but against Leeds and then last night with Marcondes, he's been a bit of a loose cannon/nutter. Hope he can regain his self-discipline as he'll be huge for us for next season.

As for spending - we definitely still need at the very minimum, a CB, RB, Harrison Reed or similar DM, CF, and if Knockaert and Cavaleiro aren't going to improve massively, we'll need wide players too. General sense of puzzlement that we converted those two and to a lesser extent, Bobby DR to permanent signings - all for big money too. Weird.

The main thing is that our part-time DOF, Tony Khan has minimal input and the coaching staff are allowed to identify signings/players to leave. Oh, and that we do our business as early as possible (so to speak).

Cheers, Rangerthings too.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 22:08]

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 22:14 - Aug 5 with 4033 viewsted_hendrix

As I see it now when QPR next play Bristol Titty the likelihood of us all gathering at Konk's front room to drink tea and eat home made scones whilst quietly admiring the front room decor is less than zero, I have a funny feeling that Konk might distance himself from us now that Fulham have joined the elite, we (QPR) might just be viewed by Konk as just another working class club and not fit to pass the fit and proper test to mingle with the upper echelons of World football.

I might be right I might be wrong only time will tell.

I went to Bristol Zoo once It's a good Zoo but I thought the penguins smelt a bit, there's a picture of an elephant on one of the road signs on the M5 as you head South, for some reason that sign always makes me laugh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 22:39 - Aug 5 with 4002 viewslondonscottish

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 21:57 - Aug 5 by Konk

Thanks mate. That sounds like a lovely evening. Nice photo. Wish I'd been there. It was my father-in-law's birthday, so I watched us getting promoted whilst sat on a sofa in my in-law's front room. No-one else was enjoying the game - which was fair enough as it was a bit sh it. Even my son, who was excited and had permission to stay up late, decided he'd rather go to bed and have his Mum read his Lego Star Wars book with him. When it became apparent that the game wasn't going to improve, my father-in-law started turning the telly over every five minutes to check the cricket score and watch a couple of balls. Fair enough: his telly, his bungalow, his birthday.

All a bit different to the last time we went up. Raised a glass to Karl at the final whistle. He hated Brentford more than anyone. Still barred from the Royal Oak.

Congrats Konk. Two great goals - one for pure comedy, the other for a great finish.

Karl would have been made up. He hated buses. He hated Brentford. He hated Nylon.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 09:29 - Aug 6 with 3868 viewsNorthernr

As well as being a quality little player, Joe Bryan's a really interesting character. Combination of quite intelligent and a bit of a thinker with that mad edge that people from Bristol always seem to come with. Great piece with him by Jack Pitt Brooke on The Athletic atm. Dad's a heart surgeon as well. He is *cliche alert* not your typical footballer.

And great hair, obviously.
Joe Bryan - The Pistol From Bristol on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 3791 viewsDorse

'The Pistol from Bristol'? Good job he didn't come from Duntish.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024