Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 09:22 - Aug 7 with 14382 viewsNorthernr

The Athletic's Spurs guy says he's definitely leaving permanently this summer and it's between us and.... Neil Warnock's Boro.
Amos on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 4622 viewsHunterhoop

Amos is not first team level..yet (not close imo), but he might reach it. Wherever he goes, he should be much better for last season under his belt.

I’d be okay signing him but only if he’s on average or lower wages for us and our wage bill. And he’s on a free.

If we’re paying cash, I don’t think it’s worth the risk for someone who is not proven or guaranteed to be a first team standard at this level.

And as he’s not yet at a starter level, imo, he shouldn’t be on top end salary for our wage structure.

If we’re stretching above what i’ve Suggested, i’d rather use that to get Kieffer Moore.
Amos on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 4567 viewsBklynRanger

He does divide opinion but I'd like us to sign Amos. Warbs does seem to see a huge amount of potential in him and you can see it in fits and starts, along with some of the less desirable stuff like switching off and appearing to pull out of tackles - but think he doesn't get enough credit for some of the break-up play he does through anticipation and nicking the ball away. He's never going to be a blood and thunder Sean Derry M'Lord type player.

He was very open about loosing his confidence after the injury and I'd guess he's still working on that. Would consider trying to get him on a perm to be an acceptable gamble.
Amos on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 4544 viewsWatford_Ranger

Probably irrelevant but he went on holiday with BOS and Shodipo. Ladz.

Warnock would probably turn him into Lee Cattermole.
Amos on 09:56 - Aug 7 with 4545 viewsPhilmyRs

I think it could be a good move for us, especially if it's on a permanent deal. I always think loan players get a slightly harsher deal from the crowd - doesn't care, not one of our own, p*ss off back to your own club etc.. Having him on a contract, knowing this is where his future lies, for the next couple of years at least, may have an impact.

In the write-up of our midfielders, I thought the Jermaine Jenas comparisson was an interesting one and that is a slight worry of mine - there are times, Amos feels like a player whose watching the game but never playing it - it just passes him by.

On balance though, I'm in the camp that thinks we should take a chance and the kid could kick on but again as noted in the midfielders review, I too thought Samba Diakite was going to be the next big thing so I could well be wrong.
Amos on 09:58 - Aug 7 with 4537 viewsqprd

Amos on 09:42 - Aug 7 by Hunterhoop

Amos is not first team level..yet (not close imo), but he might reach it. Wherever he goes, he should be much better for last season under his belt.

I’d be okay signing him but only if he’s on average or lower wages for us and our wage bill. And he’s on a free.

If we’re paying cash, I don’t think it’s worth the risk for someone who is not proven or guaranteed to be a first team standard at this level.

And as he’s not yet at a starter level, imo, he shouldn’t be on top end salary for our wage structure.

If we’re stretching above what i’ve Suggested, i’d rather use that to get Kieffer Moore.

I find it hard to believe warnock would sign a midfielder whose never once slide tackled....
Amos on 10:02 - Aug 7 with 4516 viewsNorthernr

Amos on 09:54 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

Probably irrelevant but he went on holiday with BOS and Shodipo. Ladz.

Warnock would probably turn him into Lee Cattermole.

A lot of ours have been on holiday together I think - BOS, Mide, Amos, Eze, Dieng, Manning all Instagrammed together in Mykonos over the last week or so.

All glory to God.
Amos on 10:12 - Aug 7 with 4443 viewsrsonist

Ohhh you have to say that's magnificent. The only possible transfer link to make the blowhards squirm.
Amos on 10:19 - Aug 7 with 4400 viewsHunterhoop

Amos on 10:12 - Aug 7 by rsonist

Ohhh you have to say that's magnificent. The only possible transfer link to make the blowhards squirm.

?

Who is a blowhard? Who is squirming?

What are you talking about?
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 10:23 - Aug 7 with 4376 viewsDejR_vu

I think if it’s between us and Boro, if he’s got his sensible head on, he’d choose us. He knows the club, he’s got a manager who clearly believes in him and has proved it by showing faith in him, playing the type of football that should suit him, at a club that is walking the walk in terms of youth development, all of which should be important to someone if they’re not the most confident. Boro have two things in their favour: (1) Warnock with his track record but, in reality, that’s a massive job and NW hasn’t got time on his side and; (2) money.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Amos on 10:25 - Aug 7 with 4356 viewsMaggsinho

Sean Gallagher seems to think Amos is on his way to us.

I like him and don't think we've seen the best of him yet, especially after his long lay off, hopefully with a season at this level he can push on.
Amos on 10:33 - Aug 7 with 4293 viewsrsonist

Amos on 10:19 - Aug 7 by Hunterhoop

?

Who is a blowhard? Who is squirming?

What are you talking about?

If you haven't had a bellyful of carping about Amos being a ponce that only Charity Park Rangers Football Creche would want to sign at every opportunity on here these past few months/majority of season then I envy your blocklist.
Amos on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 4290 viewsDorse

I suppose there are two sides to this: Amos obviously has something the Head Shed are looking for and there is clearly a deal to be done here. The upcoming season might be the making of him as a First Team player.

However, according to Twitter: 'Ammoss is fekng sh8 , i hait him SOOOO mutch. Ferdenend donot no what he is dooing.My brane herts' etc etc etc.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 10:35]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Amos on 10:40 - Aug 7 with 4236 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Price is everything here. Should he join, we know wages will be at the level we want and need them to be, so it's all about the price.

As for ability and performance, I'm happier than the average bear. I like him, and definitely like his upside as he continues to learn his trade and continues to recover from his injury.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amos on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 4204 viewsWatford_Ranger

Amos on 10:40 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Price is everything here. Should he join, we know wages will be at the level we want and need them to be, so it's all about the price.

As for ability and performance, I'm happier than the average bear. I like him, and definitely like his upside as he continues to learn his trade and continues to recover from his injury.

I’d be disappointed if we paid anything frankly. Surely we aren’t talking seven figures.

£15m + Amos for Eze you say.
Amos on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 4194 viewsHunterhoop

Amos on 10:33 - Aug 7 by rsonist

If you haven't had a bellyful of carping about Amos being a ponce that only Charity Park Rangers Football Creche would want to sign at every opportunity on here these past few months/majority of season then I envy your blocklist.

Ah, L Block?

He’s harmless. Just a bit of a drama queen, which he’s fully aware of. I don’t think I have anyone on a block list.

I think there is a genuine debate to be had on Amos. Not all criticism of his game and attitude is unreasonable but, yes, some of it goes over the top...as many people’s opinions do on many things.
Amos on 11:01 - Aug 7 with 4111 viewsrsonist

Amos on 10:40 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Very much so. Think even the most pragmatic observer has had his patience tested by him but think there's just enough player in there to have another go at. Potentially a lot of player tbf.

I'd wince above £2m though (and it'd probably be a counterproductive millstone around his neck too). Could just as easily be 500k with big add-ons however, it's hard to gauge. Spurs haven't had a similar transfer out for a fee to compare to in quite some years.
Amos on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 4069 viewsrsonist

That's Hall, Moore, Goode and Amos now for NW. Funny way of not seeing eye to eye with Les...
Amos on 11:11 - Aug 7 with 4043 viewsrobith

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I like him ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Amos on 11:13 - Aug 7 with 4025 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amos on 10:45 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

I’d be disappointed if we paid anything frankly. Surely we aren’t talking seven figures.

£15m + Amos for Eze you say.

I hope there's no swap deal. Don't think it would be fair on any incoming player.

Amos on 11:14 - Aug 7 with 4021 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amos on 11:01 - Aug 7 by rsonist

Very much so. Think even the most pragmatic observer has had his patience tested by him but think there's just enough player in there to have another go at. Potentially a lot of player tbf.

I'd wince above £2m though (and it'd probably be a counterproductive millstone around his neck too). Could just as easily be 500k with big add-ons however, it's hard to gauge. Spurs haven't had a similar transfer out for a fee to compare to in quite some years.

Ya, I find it very hard to guess what Spurs or ourselves would value him at.

Amos on 11:16 - Aug 7 with 4014 viewsbosh67

It does seem that Warnock is trying to put together QPR2 at Boro.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amos on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 3991 viewsrsonist

Amos on 11:16 - Aug 7 by bosh67

It does seem that Warnock is trying to put together QPR2 at Boro.

#AnnounceRavel... oh.
Amos on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 3989 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Amos on 10:02 - Aug 7 by Northernr

A lot of ours have been on holiday together I think - BOS, Mide, Amos, Eze, Dieng, Manning all Instagrammed together in Mykonos over the last week or so.

All glory to God.

It’s probably to do with the social bubble thing.

I’d be happy with this signing. He can be frustrating to watch and some of the criticism he receives is justified but he has lots of potential and an excellent attitude so has every chance. Many of our greatest players had to prove the doubters wrong and I think he can do the same.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Amos on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 3961 viewsWatford_Ranger

I have to say I just don’t see it but if Warburton and Warnock rate him then who am I to judge? What does he actually do?
Amos on 12:58 - Aug 7 with 3569 viewsderbyhoop

He gets himself into space and, from ti e to time plays incisive passes. But he did have a tendency to give silly fouls and he is feeble in the tackle.

But, he's not played that many games and is still coming back from a serious ACL. The loan will have done him the world of good and, if he returns, I think we will have a very good player on our hands.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024