Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salary Cap 14:27 - Aug 7 with 788 viewsburnsieespana

See EFL have voted as rather expected for £2.5m for Div 1 clubs and £1.5m for Div 2. Includes image rights and agents fees.
Salary Cap on 14:41 - Aug 7 with 783 viewsFruitbat

Just for context and assuming it's calculated annually, £1.5M is near enough 22 players on £1300 per week.

(Although someone may want to check, my maths isn't great!).
Salary Cap on 16:32 - Aug 7 with 764 viewsbwildered

Something that the Chairman has been advocating for some time. Probally now ruled out any new signings for the coming season .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Salary Cap on 16:45 - Aug 7 with 755 viewsnoah4x4

I read somewhere that the Bradford City wage bill is £3.5M. So how many players must they shed? I reckon there may be some cheap pickings as some players will have to take huge wage cuts simply to get a contract.

It’s clear now that the Colchester Four and Cowling had their heads screwed on by taking a first mover advantage. We couldn’t afford what they wanted and Jacko and Nouble have already found a leg up to Division One prior to this vote. I suspect life will now be more difficult for Prosser. Might he now accept a lower offer from us and come back?

This could really suit us and the a Academy. Just surprised it has immediate effect. I was expecting a transition period.
Salary Cap on 17:52 - Aug 7 with 736 viewsthrillseeker

It now makes sense why a number of clubs made signings early as they will be exempt from new rules
Salary Cap on 19:17 - Aug 7 with 721 viewswessex_exile

As expected, the PFA have served notice of arbitration on the EFL, claiming the salary cap is both 'unlawful and unenforceable'. This may delay implementation for a while, even if the PFA challenge is eventually rejected.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Salary Cap on 19:35 - Aug 7 with 713 viewsLeadbelly

Salary Cap on 16:45 - Aug 7 by noah4x4

I read somewhere that the Bradford City wage bill is £3.5M. So how many players must they shed? I reckon there may be some cheap pickings as some players will have to take huge wage cuts simply to get a contract.

It’s clear now that the Colchester Four and Cowling had their heads screwed on by taking a first mover advantage. We couldn’t afford what they wanted and Jacko and Nouble have already found a leg up to Division One prior to this vote. I suspect life will now be more difficult for Prosser. Might he now accept a lower offer from us and come back?

This could really suit us and the a Academy. Just surprised it has immediate effect. I was expecting a transition period.

According to my Ipswich supporting work colleague the wage bill over the border was in the region of £7.5m last season. He is not expecting any signings!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Salary Cap on 20:14 - Aug 7 with 708 viewsFruitbat

Salary Cap on 19:17 - Aug 7 by wessex_exile

As expected, the PFA have served notice of arbitration on the EFL, claiming the salary cap is both 'unlawful and unenforceable'. This may delay implementation for a while, even if the PFA challenge is eventually rejected.

Don't understand what case the PFA think they've got. Given that both the RFU and RFL have been operating with salary caps for some time it can hardly be unlawful. Don't know about the RFL but I'm pretty sure the RFU enforced theirs (Saracens?) so that seems a pretty empty argument as well. Add to that the fact that current contracts are being honoured, so no-one is taking a pay cut, and it sounds like a lot of hot air.
Salary Cap on 20:41 - Aug 7 with 700 viewsLeadbelly

Salary Cap on 20:14 - Aug 7 by Fruitbat

Don't understand what case the PFA think they've got. Given that both the RFU and RFL have been operating with salary caps for some time it can hardly be unlawful. Don't know about the RFL but I'm pretty sure the RFU enforced theirs (Saracens?) so that seems a pretty empty argument as well. Add to that the fact that current contracts are being honoured, so no-one is taking a pay cut, and it sounds like a lot of hot air.

The NFL has a collective bargaining agreement with the players union and and the salary cap seems to work for them. They have already agreed a reduced cap for 2021 which I think is due to Covid 19.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Salary Cap on 22:25 - Aug 7 with 679 viewsmfb_cufc

They said on the news this afternoon that Sunderland's salary for the 2018/19 season was £27m. It is probably lower now, but it just goes to show how difficult this cap will be for the 'big clubs'.

mfb

Salary Cap on 06:57 - Aug 8 with 656 viewsnoah4x4

Salary Cap on 20:14 - Aug 7 by Fruitbat

The PFA case is that there has been a failure to consult and arbitrate with the players union in breach of contractual agreement. The RFU and NFL might be irrelevant in the absence of similar agreements.

Not saying this is likely to be a successful intervention, simply that it is just the beginning of a tricky new relationship between PFA, EFL, clubs and players. But I have a sneaky feeling that relationships between Cowling and current U's players might be better than at most other clubs given his past budgetary prudence decisive action enabling (possibly) the two most expensive of the Colchester Four to depart early and step up a league gaining the contracts they sought.
Salary Cap on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 634 viewswessex_exile

Sunderland opposed the salary cap, claiming it will unfairly level the playing field. That’s a shame for them...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Salary Cap on 10:48 - Aug 8 with 632 viewsburnsieespana

Yes a friend of mine close to someone at a high level at Ipswich reckons it is a disaster for them and Evans has told Management, players, etc at individual meetings club has got to align the Academy much more closely to the first team!
Also whilst not actively looking to sell anybody, if they do they are unlikely to be replaced.
See the Premier league have cut funding to, for the xample National League clubs by £40,000 for this season so more financial pressure down through the pyramid.
Salary Cap on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 606 viewsgerry_us

At an "average" of £70,000 per annum I'm happy to advance myself for second string keeper position.
I have no agent nor image rights to damage the budget so could be a catch I suppose?
Salary Cap on 17:23 - Aug 8 with 604 viewsdurham_exile

Salary Cap on 16:33 - Aug 8 by gerry_us

At an "average" of £70,000 per annum I'm happy to advance myself for second string keeper position.
I have no agent nor image rights to damage the budget so could be a catch I suppose?

Having seen Gerry the Cat field the ball in the stands at Glanford Park, I would support his case for reinstatement to the Colchester goalkeeping ranks.

Up the mature U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024