Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers 21:52 - Aug 9 with 2449 viewsNorthernr

Woo hoo, all done.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52732
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:41 - Aug 9 with 2333 viewsbosh67

Excellent as always Clive. As much as I love Warburton and am extremely happy that he is hopefully for once a longterm manager for us the Clarke thing still feels really weird. The kid has undoubted talent, maverick skills at times but it seemed strange if not unfair to bring him here and then really not give him a proper chance beyond 66 minutes of rusty football. Yes he looked out of his depth and made a terrible mistake but I remember Alex Smithies dropping an easy cross at a player's foot for a tap in on his debut and thinking, f*ck this guy's never going to make it, and look what happened with him given game time. I am not too sure why, apart from being mathematically safe why he didn't get more game time with a view that if there was something there he may come here for a proper season and then who knows?

Perhaps we just had better WiFi connection at Loftus Road?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:42 - Aug 9 with 2330 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugely enjoyable, including what will become the definitive record of Eze's sublime season. In a way, I want him to leave now. Like Curly's woman in City Slickers, it's not going to get better than this.

So, while he's an A for the season, I think there might be a dichotomy between the Grades and the Match Ratings, though:-

Hugill - A/B 5.75
Eze - A 6.54
BOS - A 6.58
Wells - B 5.88

I think I would give Eze an A, BOS a B, Wells and Hugill a B-/C+.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:49 - Aug 9 with 2315 viewsdannyblue

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:42 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Hugely enjoyable, including what will become the definitive record of Eze's sublime season. In a way, I want him to leave now. Like Curly's woman in City Slickers, it's not going to get better than this.

So, while he's an A for the season, I think there might be a dichotomy between the Grades and the Match Ratings, though:-

Hugill - A/B 5.75
Eze - A 6.54
BOS - A 6.58
Wells - B 5.88

I think I would give Eze an A, BOS a B, Wells and Hugill a B-/C+.

But goals per game for Wells is phenomenal, and very decent for Hugill.

I'd give them all an A, but Hugill gets a minus for the misses
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 2298 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But what does that leave us for a Taraabt season, or one of Les's, or one of Wilkins?

I think Eze's season was in that bracket, but BOS didn't click until Birmingham away and 4 goals is still not 'A' standard, Wells only played half a season and Hugill doesn't feel like an 'A' to me either.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 2299 viewsbosh67

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:49 - Aug 9 by dannyblue

But goals per game for Wells is phenomenal, and very decent for Hugill.

I'd give them all an A, but Hugill gets a minus for the misses

I don't know, have you seen Hugill's misses? She's pretty hot!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:58 - Aug 9 with 2296 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:54 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

But what does that leave us for a Taraabt season, or one of Les's, or one of Wilkins?

I think Eze's season was in that bracket, but BOS didn't click until Birmingham away and 4 goals is still not 'A' standard, Wells only played half a season and Hugill doesn't feel like an 'A' to me either.

6 goals for Bright - I fcked up the graphic originally my bad.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 23:02 - Aug 9 with 2287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:54 - Aug 9 by bosh67

I don't know, have you seen Hugill's misses? She's pretty hot!

Nicely done!

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 23:07 - Aug 9 with 2270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 22:58 - Aug 9 by Northernr

6 goals for Bright - I fcked up the graphic originally my bad.

Fair enough, Clive.

Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 23:21 - Aug 9 with 2241 viewsdannyblue

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fair point. It has been a good day. I guess I'm just being too generous.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 23:22]
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:56 - Aug 10 with 2022 viewstimcocking

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 08:03 - Aug 10 with 1954 viewsGloucs_R

What's the rumour about Ramkilde then?

Poll: Are we staying up?

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 1756 viewsWadR

Thank you Clive for these end of term reports and all your writing throughout the season (belatedly 1 more to say I'd love to contribute to a patreon). The bits on Eze, Wells and Bright were a joy and should be required reading for all QPR fans on social media.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 11:09 - Aug 10 with 1648 viewsfrancisbowles

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 08:03 - Aug 10 by Gloucs_R

Yes, I want to know as well. Have tried searching but can't find anything, probably don't know where to look.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 1534 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive.

It's amazing too that Eze played in every league game. I've no idea what wages he is on, but if you worked it out on a cost per game basis, his 2019-20 season must be up there with the best 'Value for money' seasons we've ever had from a QPR player.

Certainly, watching him this season, was worth every penny of my season ticket cost.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 12:32 - Aug 10 with 1482 viewsAntti_Heinola

An A, Brian.
If you get 75% at a test, it's usually (or was) an A. A 90% is also an A.
Depends how much you want to dig down - maybe Clive could expand to the whole alphabet, to really provide some nuance? ;)

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 12:52 - Aug 10 with 1439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 12:32 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

An A, Brian.
If you get 75% at a test, it's usually (or was) an A. A 90% is also an A.
Depends how much you want to dig down - maybe Clive could expand to the whole alphabet, to really provide some nuance? ;)

Yes, can we dig out Mark Hateley's marks for comparison?

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 1333 viewsDorse

Apparently, he has been known to leave tea bags in the sink. And he leaves his washing out overnight.

Proper wrong 'un.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 13:41 - Aug 10 with 1318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 13:34 - Aug 10 by Dorse

Apparently, he has been known to leave tea bags in the sink. And he leaves his washing out overnight.

Proper wrong 'un.

You can't just throw that rumour out there....

You could ruin him.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 1245 viewsbosh67

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 13:34 - Aug 10 by Dorse

Proper wrong 'un.

B*stard!

Never knowingly right.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 17:42 - Aug 10 with 994 viewsMatch82

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 13:41 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

You can't just throw that rumour out there....

You could ruin him.

I heard he makes tea in the microwave...
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Attackers on 23:27 - Aug 10 with 696 viewsLblock

His real name is actually Sheepalive which is Danish for “can’t find arse with both hands”

He is also really a defender parachuted into Warbs plans under cover as yet another number 10

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024