Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith 22:23 - Aug 25 with 1416 viewsLeadbelly

Signed a two year deal.

Now for a striker!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Tommy Smith on 22:26 - Aug 25 with 1410 viewsburnsieespana

Yes good signing.
Friend of mine, an avid Ipswich fan just messaged me to say 'wish we had signed him as better than three of our cb' s'.
All we need now is to tie up the keeper and get a decent forward in.
Tommy Smith on 22:43 - Aug 25 with 1406 viewsDaniel

Given Robbie Cowling's latest statement said we would not be signing anyone unless we sold someone or loaned out someone, I'm wondering if there's more to the signing of Tommy Smith that we don't know yet...
Tommy Smith on 08:01 - Aug 26 with 1370 viewsLeadbelly

Tommy Smith on 22:43 - Aug 25 by Daniel

Given Robbie Cowling's latest statement said we would not be signing anyone unless we sold someone or loaned out someone, I'm wondering if there's more to the signing of Tommy Smith that we don't know yet...

I thought much the same. Perhaps further transfer news, of an outbound nature, will appear soon.

Tommy Smith on 08:25 - Aug 26 with 1365 viewsMoor_Pinot

Tommy Smith on 08:01 - Aug 26 by Leadbelly

I thought much the same. Perhaps further transfer news, of an outbound nature, will appear soon.

Bramhall Lead?

Moor Pinot

Tommy Smith on 09:27 - Aug 26 with 1358 viewsmfb_cufc

Tommy Smith on 08:01 - Aug 26 by Leadbelly

Poku didn't play in the Peterborough friendlies. Could he be the one going.

mfb

Tommy Smith on 10:00 - Aug 26 with 1351 viewsdurham_exile

Tommy Smith on 09:27 - Aug 26 by mfb_cufc

Poku didn't play in the Peterborough friendlies. Could he be the one going.

We are in dire straits, hit rock bottom, grim times indeed.

Up the fast falling like a lead balloon U's

Durham_exile

Tommy Smith on 12:49 - Aug 26 with 1331 viewsbwildered

Had on loan end of one season, returned to the Tractorboys and required a released Tom Eastman if I recall .
Common sense suggests he must be cheaper than a released Prosser !!

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tommy Smith on 13:53 - Aug 26 with 1318 viewsgerry_us

Messi is available. What a challenge that would be for him?
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith on 14:13 - Aug 26 with 1313 viewsdurham_exile

Tommy Smith on 13:53 - Aug 26 by gerry_us

Messi on £1m per week, overrated and showed a distinct lack of class in the 8-2 humiliation by failing to show any effort or interest failure to track back.

Besides no good for us we want two strikers!

Durham_exile

Tommy Smith on 14:14 - Aug 26 with 1313 viewsdurham_exile

Tommy Smith on 13:53 - Aug 26 by gerry_us

N/T
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 14:14]

Durham_exile

Tommy Smith on 14:43 - Aug 26 with 1301 viewsgerry_us

Tommy Smith on 14:13 - Aug 26 by durham_exile

Messi on £1m per week, overrated and showed a distinct lack of class in the 8-2 humiliation by failing to show any effort or interest failure to track back.

Besides no good for us we want two strikers!

Picky eh?
Tommy Smith on 15:15 - Aug 26 with 1293 viewsLeadbelly

Tommy Smith on 14:43 - Aug 26 by gerry_us

Picky eh?

Messi overrated? Very harsh indeed.

Messi has been disaffected at Barcelona for some time so may not have produced his best against BM but as they lost 8-2 may I suggest Messi’s may not have been the only sub par performance. And if it was all his fault then what does that say about his performances level generally?

Tommy Smith on 16:24 - Aug 26 with 1280 viewsdurham_exile

Tommy Smith on 15:15 - Aug 26 by Leadbelly

Messi overrated? Very harsh indeed.

Messi has been disaffected at Barcelona for some time so may not have produced his best against BM but as they lost 8-2 may I suggest Messi’s may not have been the only sub par performance. And if it was all his fault then what does that say about his performances level generally?

No I'm serious Messi is overrated.

Of course there were several Barca players who were poor last week but in much the same way when Barca do poorly he is not the only one, when they play well he is but one player and definitely not the only star.

Overpaid definitely and if he wants to leave then of course there is no loyalty anymore.

Frankly he pails into insignificance against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Anyway more serious matters, two strikers are required at the JobServe but after the Chairmans latest call to arms unless further reductions in playing staff are realised this simply won't happen.

If we do lose Poku and Bramall then we will be in a worse state than for many years.

Notwithstanding people's faith in the chairman, we have been in decline for the last ten years.

Very disappointing but true.

Reading and the first three league games will be the acid test for what sort of season we can expect.

Frankly unless the squad is improved rather than furthermore impoverished we will struggle even in this basement league.

Reality bites.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tommy Smith on 16:30 - Aug 26 with 1269 viewsMoor_Pinot

Tommy Smith on 16:24 - Aug 26 by durham_exile

No I'm serious Messi is overrated.

Of course there were several Barca players who were poor last week but in much the same way when Barca do poorly he is not the only one, when they play well he is but one player and definitely not the only star.

Overpaid definitely and if he wants to leave then of course there is no loyalty anymore.

Frankly he pails into insignificance against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Anyway more serious matters, two strikers are required at the JobServe but after the Chairmans latest call to arms unless further reductions in playing staff are realised this simply won't happen.

If we do lose Poku and Bramall then we will be in a worse state than for many years.

Notwithstanding people's faith in the chairman, we have been in decline for the last ten years.

Very disappointing but true.

Reading and the first three league games will be the acid test for what sort of season we can expect.

Frankly unless the squad is improved rather than furthermore impoverished we will struggle even in this basement league.

Reality bites.

Up the U's

You certainly can't win games without goals and preseason has turned up just one. As such, and notwithstanding the faith I have in the fact that the current squad includes some decent quality I have to agree Durham. Mid table will be a better position than I anticipate!
Stay well.

Moor Pinot

Tommy Smith on 19:48 - Aug 27 with 1170 viewsGOSBTS

Agree with Durham's comments on Messi and I agree that mid-table will be a good finish for us this year. It's going to be such an odd season I don't think it's to be snubbed at.

On Tommy, I was listening to Radio Suffolk's Thursday Night Sports Social and correspondent Brenner Woolley spoke very passionately that he believed Ipswich should have kept him. He seemed rather angry that Town let him go to Colchester and said he could have comfortably done a job as part of their defensive unit this season. Hopefully that's all good signs for us!
Tommy Smith on 21:16 - Aug 27 with 1147 viewsLeadbelly

Tommy Smith on 19:48 - Aug 27 by GOSBTS

Agree with Durham's comments on Messi and I agree that mid-table will be a good finish for us this year. It's going to be such an odd season I don't think it's to be snubbed at.

On Tommy, I was listening to Radio Suffolk's Thursday Night Sports Social and correspondent Brenner Woolley spoke very passionately that he believed Ipswich should have kept him. He seemed rather angry that Town let him go to Colchester and said he could have comfortably done a job as part of their defensive unit this season. Hopefully that's all good signs for us!

Ipswich didn’t let Smith go to Colchester; they let him go to Colorado Rapids and he then moved to Sunderland, then Colchester. Brenner Woolley needs to get his facts straight.

Tommy Smith on 22:38 - Aug 27 with 1139 viewsGOSBTS

Tommy Smith on 21:16 - Aug 27 by Leadbelly

Ipswich didn’t let Smith go to Colchester; they let him go to Colorado Rapids and he then moved to Sunderland, then Colchester. Brenner Woolley needs to get his facts straight.

Ahhh in Brenner's defence I only caught the tail end of what he was saying and I assumed he was on Town's books and they let him go. My bad! He must have been arguing that if he was available Town should have got him back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024