Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Income? 20:35 - Sep 1 with 1133 viewsBFG

Sorry, I may have missed something but in the case of all non-tv deal income clubs, how exactly are we paying bills?

I can't remember reading or listening to anything about this since the full-on lockdown. Are we relying on our owner, the cup-run and the furlough, in which case how are other clubs even able to fulfill their first fixture.

Last time I looked at the end of last season Macclesfield and Southend were struggling to exist even with a crowd?

Sorry I'm just a bit confused.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 21:08]
Income? on 07:07 - Sep 2 with 1075 viewsnoah4x4

The ECB has distributed (I believe) £63M to assist cricket helped by revenue from televised International broadcasts. One might expect the EFL to similarly provide some assistance from any behind closed doors TV and broad sponsorship revenues when the 2020-21 season proper starts. Government support (staff furlough, grants, loans etc) have been available from April to recent and of course, football clubs normally have no ticket revenue from May to August so have to annually sustain themselves during the off season.

All 2020-21 EFL matches will be streamed live to paying season ticket holders and paying I-Follow subscribers. Whether such "pay per view" generates enough revenue for many lower league clubs is up for debate.Those clubs previously vulnerable have become more vulnerable, but the crisis is nothing like other sectors as other than during the last five weeks of last season Covid-19 hasn't fully hit ticket revenues.

We shall see a full 46 match Division Two Schedule condensed into four fewer weeks, so revenues expected in August have been postponed. However, a drop in total revenues is inevitable, and that's where wage caps makes sense (unless you are a player). It's (IMHO) a great opportunity for football to sort out its financial structures and put its house in order, but I fear the weak won't survive.All hail Robbie Cowlings prudence.
Income? on 08:37 - Sep 2 with 1068 viewswessex_exile

Income? on 07:07 - Sep 2 by noah4x4

The ECB has distributed (I believe) £63M to assist cricket helped by revenue from televised International broadcasts. One might expect the EFL to similarly provide some assistance from any behind closed doors TV and broad sponsorship revenues when the 2020-21 season proper starts. Government support (staff furlough, grants, loans etc) have been available from April to recent and of course, football clubs normally have no ticket revenue from May to August so have to annually sustain themselves during the off season.

All 2020-21 EFL matches will be streamed live to paying season ticket holders and paying I-Follow subscribers. Whether such "pay per view" generates enough revenue for many lower league clubs is up for debate.Those clubs previously vulnerable have become more vulnerable, but the crisis is nothing like other sectors as other than during the last five weeks of last season Covid-19 hasn't fully hit ticket revenues.

We shall see a full 46 match Division Two Schedule condensed into four fewer weeks, so revenues expected in August have been postponed. However, a drop in total revenues is inevitable, and that's where wage caps makes sense (unless you are a player). It's (IMHO) a great opportunity for football to sort out its financial structures and put its house in order, but I fear the weak won't survive.All hail Robbie Cowlings prudence.

Unless it has changed, I think the club gets £8 of every £10 from ifollow streaming. ST holders get the streaming free, but then they’ve already invested in a ST to support the club. Plus of course away fans can pay per view as well, and probably far more than would have travelled to the match. It’s still going to be a very difficult season for everyone, so couldn’t agree more that we’ve got RC looking after the purse strings.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024