Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hayden Mullins 17:50 - Sep 2 with 931 viewsmfb_cufc

Steve Ball's assistant has finally been named.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/mullins-leaves-watford-to-become-colchester

mfb

Hayden Mullins on 17:57 - Sep 2 with 923 viewsburnsieespana

Wonder why nothing from the club on this?
If true would seem a decent appointment giving input into the club from outside of the "in house" group.
Hayden Mullins on 19:04 - Sep 2 with 905 viewswessex_exile

Hayden Mullins on 17:57 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

If true would seem a decent appointment giving input into the club from outside of the "in house" group.

Looks pretty certain, given it includes a quote from the Watford CEO (though he doesn't specifically mention the U's). Certainly hope so, looks a very good appointment.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Hayden Mullins on 20:06 - Sep 2 with 886 viewsDaniel

Hayden Mullins on 17:57 - Sep 2 by burnsieespana

Because the club's media team is pretty much non existent nowadays? I'm seriously wondering if they've been put on furlough and someone else has been doing the updates in the meantime, because the reporting this summer has been terrible.
Hayden Mullins on 22:58 - Sep 2 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Can he play up front?

Up the 4,6,0 super U's

Durham_exile

Hayden Mullins on 10:26 - Sep 3 with 794 viewsburnsieespana

Now confirmed on the website.
On the face of it an excellent appointment bringing bags of experience at both playing and coaching at a higher level.
Also somebody who wanted to come since he resigned as Watford's U23 Manager.
Hayden Mullins on 13:19 - Sep 3 with 776 viewsthrillseeker

Can someone explain to me people think this appointment is great?

His track record does not exactly impress me.

Why would he want to work as a Number 2 under Steve Ball?

Looking forward to the season opener against Reading and the league start 12 September even if we still look a little lightweight upfront

Really looking forward to attending a CUFC match, hopefully sooner rather than later
Hayden Mullins on 15:10 - Sep 3 with 761 viewsbwildered

Obviously understands being projected into the U's philosophy and willing to vacate present position for the greater good. Versatile, flexible thinking by suggesting we could play 5-5-0 perhaps, making him a outstanding candidate, oh and is probally cheap .

PS - The pathway from the academy must be closed .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Hayden Mullins on 18:50 - Sep 3 with 726 viewsdurham_exile

Hayden Mullins on 13:19 - Sep 3 by thrillseeker

Can someone explain to me people think this appointment is great?

His track record does not exactly impress me.

Why would he want to work as a Number 2 under Steve Ball?

Looking forward to the season opener against Reading and the league start 12 September even if we still look a little lightweight upfront

Really looking forward to attending a CUFC match, hopefully sooner rather than later

TS I too am looking forward to attending a match soon.

It may be that Mullins could be groomed to eventually take over as manager/headcoach.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Hayden Mullins on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 699 viewsburnsieespana

Get the feeling you are all underwhelmed yet this is the outside appointment many have been crying out for. The guy has a good playing record and four years coaching experience at a Premiershio club. I don't buy into he was cltge cheap option but do think most likely somebody looking to progress either with us or using us as a stepping stone but in all honesty either are good with me. He might just bring in some new thinking to our benefit and seems to have the blessing of the Watford CEO which might give us an in into good quality loan players.
Far better than him coming from a lower league side on my humble opinion.
Hayden Mullins on 00:31 - Sep 4 with 681 viewswessex_exile

Hayden Mullins on 21:52 - Sep 3 by burnsieespana

Get the feeling you are all underwhelmed yet this is the outside appointment many have been crying out for. The guy has a good playing record and four years coaching experience at a Premiershio club. I don't buy into he was cltge cheap option but do think most likely somebody looking to progress either with us or using us as a stepping stone but in all honesty either are good with me. He might just bring in some new thinking to our benefit and seems to have the blessing of the Watford CEO which might give us an in into good quality loan players.
Far better than him coming from a lower league side on my humble opinion.

Not underwhelmed at all to be honest, I think it’s a great appointment. Loads of coaching experience, most of which at the highest level (their U23s thrashed ours 4-1 recently), great pedigree as a former well-respected player, and no doubt plenty of useful contacts as a result. I’m going to say one more thing, and I’m not making this an issue at all, but I’m also delighted he’s black - there are far too few non-whites in (UK) football management, certainly compared to players. Delighted he’s joined us, I think him and Ball will work really well together.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 0:32]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024