Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trotters in Town on saturday 14:12 - Sep 17 with 1220 viewsdurham_exile

My programme arrived in the post today. Good news.
My match preview to follow on this thread tonight hopefully.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:56 - Sep 19 with 472 viewswessex_exile

Good result, some promising performances - Bolton had chances, but I was pleased to see the defence looked a lot more solid today. Good instinctive finish from Brown, and I agree, looks a completely different prospect for the U's this season.

Poor old Southend though

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:56 - Sep 19 with 469 viewsMoor_Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:53 - Sep 19 by durham_exile

McGreal didn't give Brown any opportunities whereas SB has played him from the start.

Probably because of a lack of strikers.

We are good value for the win.

Up the U's

And nice to see Tom's old partner scoring for Stevenage. Cambridge have made an excellent start!

Moor Pinot

Trotters in Town on saturday on 16:59 - Sep 19 with 466 viewsburnsieespana

A cracking result and well done Colchester Utd.
Steve Ball might yet make himself a popular Manager.
Trotters in Town on saturday on 18:22 - Sep 19 with 434 viewsgerry_us

OK, so I'm getting old.
Thought I would have a quick kip in the sunny conservatory before the match. I'll only have fifteen minutes; so..woke up at 5.30 to the following euphoria at the result. Must say it was the most stress free afternoon for many years.
Maybe I should do it every Saturday afternoon...for the U's obviously!
Trotters in Town on saturday on 19:30 - Sep 19 with 417 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 18:22 - Sep 19 by gerry_us

OK, so I'm getting old.
Thought I would have a quick kip in the sunny conservatory before the match. I'll only have fifteen minutes; so..woke up at 5.30 to the following euphoria at the result. Must say it was the most stress free afternoon for many years.
Maybe I should do it every Saturday afternoon...for the U's obviously!

Gerry we were good value for the victory today.

Just imagine what we will do when we play a striker!!!!!

Seriously Jevani Brown is a revelation.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 411 viewsGOSBTS

It's amazing (and perhaps somewhat frustrating) that our squad has arguably got weaker year on year for the past three seasons, yet those who are left behind keep on proving they're more than good enough for this league. Today's starting XI would have been last year's second string/EFL cup squad: senior players like Gerken, Eastman and Stevenson mixed with youth/subs like Chilvers, Welch-Hayes and Brown. Yet they manage to get a fantastic, mature 2-0 victory over Bolton.

The frustrating part, of course, is that it may indicate that McGreal really did underperform two years on the trot with League One quality players. However, full credit to Ball for an impressive first two games. I liked the way he came across in the post-match interview too: a little more interesting than McGrea; didn't just give your bog standard responses. My only concern is that the squad isn't very deep, but he only has what he has to work with and so far he's doing a stellar job.
Trotters in Town on saturday on 00:00 - Sep 20 with 354 viewsdurham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 19:43 - Sep 19 by GOSBTS

It's amazing (and perhaps somewhat frustrating) that our squad has arguably got weaker year on year for the past three seasons, yet those who are left behind keep on proving they're more than good enough for this league. Today's starting XI would have been last year's second string/EFL cup squad: senior players like Gerken, Eastman and Stevenson mixed with youth/subs like Chilvers, Welch-Hayes and Brown. Yet they manage to get a fantastic, mature 2-0 victory over Bolton.

The frustrating part, of course, is that it may indicate that McGreal really did underperform two years on the trot with League One quality players. However, full credit to Ball for an impressive first two games. I liked the way he came across in the post-match interview too: a little more interesting than McGrea; didn't just give your bog standard responses. My only concern is that the squad isn't very deep, but he only has what he has to work with and so far he's doing a stellar job.

GOSBTS - pleased you enjoyed the game and the post match interview.

SB and HM are quietly going about putting together a team that will compete for a coveted promotion spot.

Noone has been more critical of the lack of strike power than me (no really I have!) but the team have rallied around and today was a very impressive performance against a team that will only improve.

Whatever happens we must retain the services of Cohen Bramall his pace is electric and I am sure he would have given Bolt a run for his money over 100 metres.

I like Sammie McLeod who had a cameo role today and Miles Welch-Hayes is becoming a favourite. Noah Chilvers is a star and Tommy Smith was more assured this week and Paris Cowan-Hall if he keeps fit will prove his versatility.

I want to see MTC slot in with Jevani Brown who is at last the player that we invested £320,000 in. The team has goals in it providing a striker can be given the service.

Give Samson Tovide some minutes at Barow and let's see what the youngster can do.

A deserved victory today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Trotters in Town on saturday on 23:01 - Sep 20 with 270 viewsgerry_us

The most worrying thing about your report is that I remember Sammy McCleod FIRST TIME ROUND...circa 1955 if I'm not mistaken, and he was a jewel in the team.
Lets hope his doppelganger is just half as good now and improves with experience.
Login to get fewer ads

Trotters in Town on saturday on 07:12 - Sep 21 with 257 viewsnoah4x4

Went to Stanway Rovers, and there saw plenty of regular U's fans. I went strictly as a neutral, but seeing Wroxham's blue and white stripes had me whispering to them Covid correct levels of encouragement to a well deserved 2-3 win. No cognisance of the no shouting rule being paid by home fans and I had to keep moving to mzintain Social Distance. Frankly, the abuse given to the female referees assistant and referee was disgusting. Not a good experience and this can't help with management of the pandemic. Makes me question if EFL can restart if gates of 200 can't be managed appropriately.

I think my fear that some might permanently getting lured into this world by EFL stadiums being shut is unfounded. I saw five goals, for £4, but the standard was frustrating. The gulf between this and EFL is vastly greater than Division Two to Premier. I think that next week I will pay my £10 and watch the U's on Ifollow. But after being glued to the TV for this weeks Bob Willis Final another Saturday in front of the box can't be healthy.

Encouraging start by the U's. Four points from six when normality is perhaps a single point at this stage. I will be delighted if they prove us doubters wrong.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 7:14]
Trotters in Town on saturday on 15:57 - Sep 21 with 219 viewsgerry_us

Not happy with the social isolating at the game Saturday.
If my cardboard cut-out comes down with the virus there will be serious consequences!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024