Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight 21:41 - Sep 18 with 1392 viewsloftboy

Only ball played into him was the shot near the end.hows he meant to compete if he’s not getting any service.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:46 - Sep 18 with 1335 viewsjoolsyp

He won loads in the air first half but there was absolutely nobody around him to support him. Second half he tired but I still saw him busting a gut to track back when Coventry broke. He's doing the job we've asked of him. Everyone else has to do theirs.
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:49 - Sep 18 with 1302 viewsloftboy

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:46 - Sep 18 by joolsyp

He won loads in the air first half but there was absolutely nobody around him to support him. Second half he tired but I still saw him busting a gut to track back when Coventry broke. He's doing the job we've asked of him. Everyone else has to do theirs.

I wasn’t putting him down, I said he had zero service

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:50 - Sep 18 with 1290 viewsjoolsyp

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:49 - Sep 18 by loftboy

I wasn’t putting him down, I said he had zero service

Totally agree, sorry, wasn't criticizing your post, equally frustrated with his lack of service.
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:59 - Sep 18 with 1224 viewsqprd

Didn’t see the first half but seemed invisible in second

It’s clear he’s good at winning stuff in the air, less clear if he can actually link up with his feet. Haven’t seen him play with his back to the goal either but again I’ve only seen him for 1.5 matches

Apparent that our formation isn’t suiting his style... Bright is out wide right (and has been crap since lockdown), chair is to the left and a bit withdrawn, Amos is a bit deep tho nominally our no 10

He’s a first ball winner and it’s apparent no ones around him to win a second ball.., and even if we had players around him, do you rly fancy Amos to get stuck in for a 50/50 second ball?

I’m curious to see how chair will fare playing in the number 10 behind dykes where he can link up.... also, chair gave the gal away a lot today... perhaps that’ll be better less of an issue with him as a 10?
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 22:30 - Sep 18 with 1113 viewsMalintabuk

Chair is a lot of things but wide left is not one of them
Obviously he is played wide to allow Amos to play the 10 role.... not sure if that is working to well
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 22:43 - Sep 18 with 1074 viewsNed_Kennedys

BOS at least tried to get forward but the other midfielders were woeful tonight. Chair was
As a major disappointment and did nothing positive all night, Carrol and Amos anonymous. Kakay and Wallace looked out best chances of creating anything: Dykes was starved of service and must’ve been very frustrated.
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 23:15 - Sep 18 with 1005 viewsqprd

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 22:30 - Sep 18 by Malintabuk

Chair is a lot of things but wide left is not one of them
Obviously he is played wide to allow Amos to play the 10 role.... not sure if that is working to well

Not sure mate, think he’s quite versatile

I’ve seen him do a job as a second strike last year.... and in his very early days he played as a CM....

My point is you may he losing some of his intricate linkup play in final third by playing him wider and deeper
Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 00:36 - Sep 19 with 920 viewsstainrods_elbow

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 21:59 - Sep 18 by qprd

Didn’t see the first half but seemed invisible in second

It’s clear he’s good at winning stuff in the air, less clear if he can actually link up with his feet. Haven’t seen him play with his back to the goal either but again I’ve only seen him for 1.5 matches

Apparent that our formation isn’t suiting his style... Bright is out wide right (and has been crap since lockdown), chair is to the left and a bit withdrawn, Amos is a bit deep tho nominally our no 10

He’s a first ball winner and it’s apparent no ones around him to win a second ball.., and even if we had players around him, do you rly fancy Amos to get stuck in for a 50/50 second ball?

I’m curious to see how chair will fare playing in the number 10 behind dykes where he can link up.... also, chair gave the gal away a lot today... perhaps that’ll be better less of an issue with him as a 10?

Given the piece on Chair taking/making the no 10 shirt his own on the Offish only today, I'm finding both Warburton's tactics and these comments bizarre and perplexing. I know this is the farce of football and we're in the midst of a pandemic where we're routinely treated like idiots and nothing makes any sense, but I'm already starting to think this is one season when things not adding up are going to accelerate at a viral velocity - especially now it's been clearly demonstrated flesh and blood fans are not vital to the equation anyway (if we ever were). We're living in an age of simulacra, fake noise, fake fans, and fake football, people, so suck it up!

Though I tend to be one of those 'glass half empty' miserabilists, apparently, to whom our beloved leader has a clear aversion, I certainly don't think this squad is all bad, imagine we'll compete at least some of the time, and possibly even reel in a few decent results here and there, but the first two goals against tonight were as horrendous as anything we saw last season (for one of which our so-called goalkeeper somehow managed to both end up twisted up behind his own goal line AND let the ball through his legs - quite an achievement even by Joe's standards!), while the winner was so drearily familiar I thought it must have been carbon copied and teleported through some pandemical wormhole from last season. We had a fortuitous, though again well-struck penalty and a freakishly special goal from a centre back, a bit of huff and puff but precious little inspiration or properly joined-up football, and can have few complaints about the outcome, as possession doesn't win you football games - supporting your striker(s), peppering the oppo's goal and marking/tracking/shutting down at the back does. I haven't heard Warburton's interview yet, but if he tries to spin it different, it's him who needs to 'get his head in order' rather than Mr Whittingham.

Looking ahead, I supect the defensive issues are more likely to continue than not, which means, as I think it's unlikely that Dykes will score more than 10 or 12, Chair perhaps 6 or 5, things may not be tickety boo when it comes to winning football matches on a regular basis.

Hope I'm wrong and someone will tell me why I am.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 0:42]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 12:40 - Sep 19 with 642 viewsfrancisbowles

Felt sorry for Dykes tonight on 00:36 - Sep 19 by stainrods_elbow

Given the piece on Chair taking/making the no 10 shirt his own on the Offish only today, I'm finding both Warburton's tactics and these comments bizarre and perplexing. I know this is the farce of football and we're in the midst of a pandemic where we're routinely treated like idiots and nothing makes any sense, but I'm already starting to think this is one season when things not adding up are going to accelerate at a viral velocity - especially now it's been clearly demonstrated flesh and blood fans are not vital to the equation anyway (if we ever were). We're living in an age of simulacra, fake noise, fake fans, and fake football, people, so suck it up!

Though I tend to be one of those 'glass half empty' miserabilists, apparently, to whom our beloved leader has a clear aversion, I certainly don't think this squad is all bad, imagine we'll compete at least some of the time, and possibly even reel in a few decent results here and there, but the first two goals against tonight were as horrendous as anything we saw last season (for one of which our so-called goalkeeper somehow managed to both end up twisted up behind his own goal line AND let the ball through his legs - quite an achievement even by Joe's standards!), while the winner was so drearily familiar I thought it must have been carbon copied and teleported through some pandemical wormhole from last season. We had a fortuitous, though again well-struck penalty and a freakishly special goal from a centre back, a bit of huff and puff but precious little inspiration or properly joined-up football, and can have few complaints about the outcome, as possession doesn't win you football games - supporting your striker(s), peppering the oppo's goal and marking/tracking/shutting down at the back does. I haven't heard Warburton's interview yet, but if he tries to spin it different, it's him who needs to 'get his head in order' rather than Mr Whittingham.

Looking ahead, I supect the defensive issues are more likely to continue than not, which means, as I think it's unlikely that Dykes will score more than 10 or 12, Chair perhaps 6 or 5, things may not be tickety boo when it comes to winning football matches on a regular basis.

Hope I'm wrong and someone will tell me why I am.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 0:42]

So Dykes is 2 in 2 but he is only going to score 8 in 44?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024