Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report 16:55 - Sep 19 with 4336 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52934
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:19 - Sep 19 with 3801 viewsSharpy36

A great read Clive, thanks. Lumley a 5 though !

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:35 - Sep 19 with 3765 viewsGroveR

"Into the fùcking sea with you" indeed.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:36 - Sep 19 with 3763 viewsNoelmc

Spot on Clive. You come across like a top class QC in his closing arguments: first destroying Warburton’s explanation of our defensive failings on set pieces and then Sky’s digs at us not taking the knee pre-match. Great stuff.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:45 - Sep 19 with 3730 viewsEastR

The defence well into the overdraft this week.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:55 - Sep 19 with 3702 viewsNorthernr

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:45 - Sep 19 by EastR

The defence well into the overdraft this week.

I don’t feel quite so mortified about that after watching those 3 corners.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:09 - Sep 19 with 3649 viewsManinBlack

Perhaps it is because the Sky studios are in Brentford territory that there are some of their fans involved in the lead stories in championship football working within Sky. They won't miss the chance to stick the boot into QPR and to constantly praise Brentford.

Unfortunately as every live game has the knee bending before kick off we didn't do ourselves any favours by not doing so just for this fixture. However, football is making this gesture in empty stadiums but will they dare to do so when the stadiums are full with the vast majority of crowds white?

There is no doubt there is an element of mischief making in this story because Sky did an interview with Les and Chris Ramsey a few months ago about the lack of opportunity in football for black men to be managers. I am sure Les mentioned that we do a lot to address discrimination against black people. So Sky are aware of this which is why I think some Brentford sympathisers working behind the scenes at Sky are trying to discredit our club and we all know why.

Getting back to on field matters, doesn't the top of the table look grim this evening, even if it is after two games?
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:31 - Sep 19 with 3580 viewsted_hendrix

I'm struggling to come to terms with the fakes being top of the league, what a shyte weekend of football results.

Excellent report Clive as ever

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:58 - Sep 19 with 3496 viewsHooping_Mad

Love and appreciate the match report but I have to ask what are “all lives matter” troglodytes?

Would they be anyone with a nuanced view that differs from yours? shame you felt the need to Pidgeon hole fellow fans with different views and take a swipe at their integrity.

Isn't that why many don't like the BLM movement while still thinking themselves as something less than a nazi?

I know your upset, but seriously grow up man!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 18:59]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Login to get fewer ads

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:58 - Sep 19 with 3496 viewsBushman

Fock the football

The piece holistically on taking the knee is brilliant and at the same time a heartbreaking indictment of the shitfest we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 19:05 - Sep 19 with 3477 viewsSuperhoop83

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:58 - Sep 19 by Bushman

Fock the football

The piece holistically on taking the knee is brilliant and at the same time a heartbreaking indictment of the shitfest we live in

Spot on.

Sod the result for now. I am very proud of our great club.

When John Terry takes the knee a well intentioned gesture becomes utterly meaningless.

Suffering since 1978.

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 3097 viewsjtuck

Rangers dominated possession in 1st half but did nothing with it and got a lucky penalty. 70 percent of the ball with plenty of it going sideways. Not a feast of football but a famine of meaningful action. In other circumstances, Clive might have wheeled out the Tika Taka fannying around rant. Warbs in post game interview said we moved the ball really well in first half but conceded we did not create enough chances. The point of moving the ball is to create chances, surely. Also with the 2nd half 'go on, score from a corner' debacle...debating with myself whether keeper should have come for it on all/any of three occasions. Do not like knee jerk criticism of Lumley but that is the question lurking in my head and perhaps some of the goalie experts on here have a view.

I watched game on ESPN + feed in the US and so was spared the Sky Sports moralizing thankfully. But Clive is right to call out the troglodytes and you know who you are even if you think you have a valid point of view and don't like to be told what to do. Tough crunchies, as they say in American parlance.

Finally...look at Saturday Championship results that left Reading and Luton proudly top of the table made me feel better. Still early. It's only one game. But fans...the real fans..should keep drumbeat of disgust up about our abysmal defence for which there is no defence. Looking forward to Warbsball against 'I told Sharon' Warnockball next Saturday.

LAranger

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 22:31 - Sep 19 with 3071 viewsCiderwithRsie

That's a really good report. In fact two good reports - a balanced fair critique of QPR's performance in the game and and bang-on-the-money attack on the cr*p that passes for positive action these days.

We live in a country where pulling down statues (if you're a lefty) or singing the words to Rule Britannia (if you're a righty) count for more than actually doing anything, whether it's progressive or patriotic.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 23:02 - Sep 19 with 3025 viewsdaveB

second half we stopped pressing the ball and made it far too easy for Coventry, they did well and pushed the wing backs higher up the pitch but we mad it far too easy for them. Whenever we stop pressing teams and stand off them we look a poor side

Out lack of threat going forward again was a concern, we looked better when Smyth came on who was a bit more direct with his running and passing but need to be a lot better going forward.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 00:22 - Sep 20 with 2917 viewsAntti_Heinola

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:58 - Sep 19 by Hooping_Mad

Love and appreciate the match report but I have to ask what are “all lives matter” troglodytes?

Would they be anyone with a nuanced view that differs from yours? shame you felt the need to Pidgeon hole fellow fans with different views and take a swipe at their integrity.

Isn't that why many don't like the BLM movement while still thinking themselves as something less than a nazi?

Michael Holding, in the last minute of this superb piece, explains his thoughts on All Lives Matter. In my view, it's not about opinions, what he says is inarguable.

Bare bones.

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 01:55 - Sep 20 with 2841 viewsJigsore

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:58 - Sep 19 by Hooping_Mad

if you have to ask then...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 01:57 - Sep 20 with 2839 viewsJigsore

thanks, Clive. I along with probably every other QPR fan in digital attendance was jumping up and down the second time we let them have a free header from a corner and lo and behold we got what we deserved on the third attempt. it really is unbelievable

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 02:55 - Sep 20 with 2802 viewsNewBee

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 18:09 - Sep 19 by ManinBlack

Perhaps it is because the Sky studios are in Brentford territory that there are some of their fans involved in the lead stories in championship football working within Sky. They won't miss the chance to stick the boot into QPR and to constantly praise Brentford.

Unfortunately as every live game has the knee bending before kick off we didn't do ourselves any favours by not doing so just for this fixture. However, football is making this gesture in empty stadiums but will they dare to do so when the stadiums are full with the vast majority of crowds white?

There is no doubt there is an element of mischief making in this story because Sky did an interview with Les and Chris Ramsey a few months ago about the lack of opportunity in football for black men to be managers. I am sure Les mentioned that we do a lot to address discrimination against black people. So Sky are aware of this which is why I think some Brentford sympathisers working behind the scenes at Sky are trying to discredit our club and we all know why.

Getting back to on field matters, doesn't the top of the table look grim this evening, even if it is after two games?

I read Clive's report with wry amusement until I got to the bit about"the knee", when even as a white middle-aged Brentford fan with no particular axe to grind, I was moved by the power of Clive's invective as he laid into Sky for their double standards - magnificent stuff!

I understood perfectly the power of his anger, since I was feeling it myself.

Then I read down the comments beneath until I got to yours, with your conspiracy theory that this anti-QPR shit-stirring must all be down to Brentford fans at Sky, since this multi-national corporation happens to have its HQ a couple of miles out the road at Osterley.

Total and utter horseshit! I mean where were all those Bees fans two or three seasons ago (i.e. before we got a bit good) and the coverage of BFC was paltry to non-existent?

Or as well as the likes of BMW, has Brentford's recruitment team now started snapping up TV Sports Editorial talent too and infiltrated them into Sky's coverage of the Championship, all the better to piss off QPR fans like yourself?

Yeah that could be it.

George Soros probably has a hand in it too....
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 03:25 - Sep 20 with 2807 viewsHooping_Mad

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 00:22 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

Michael Holding, in the last minute of this superb piece, explains his thoughts on All Lives Matter. In my view, it's not about opinions, what he says is inarguable.

That link doesn't work, but it would still be just one mans view, whoever the man.

All our views are valid to some extent, I simply don't think this issue is solved by name calling fans of the same team.

Which seems to be interpreted as an extremist position by some of the others who chipped in with their divine insight.

I'm actually starting to worry about supporters returning, adults who go round calling anyone who disagrees, nasty and libellous names I find disturbing and infantile.

I wonder if this is why QPR have decided to stop this before it spills out into the stadiums.

Maybe it would be best to leave the politics out of the match reports, but when some welcome the inclusion of the tribal politics to football it's bound to get a mention unfortunately.

Maybe if the name calling could just be toned down a bit.

I come here for football not to be schooled in how to think.

Peace love and 3pts
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 3:36]

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 08:00 - Sep 20 with 2683 viewsDejR_vu

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:55 - Sep 19 by Northernr

I don’t feel quite so mortified about that after watching those 3 corners.

Why did you feel mortified before? It was a legitimate question that he was way too sensitive about so you tried to lighten the mood with a bit of humour. Whether he likes it or not the fans of any football club are important to the club and when they’re collectively asking the same question any journalist invited to interview him is entitled to ask that question. He was in the wrong, not you.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 09:03 - Sep 20 with 2609 viewsPaddyhoops

The idea that we should be taking morarlity lessons from an organisation run by the Murdochs is quiet plainly laughable.
The list of misdemeanours is endless.
Misreporting of the death of 96 fellow football fans, inflammatory jingoistic headlines and worst of all the phone hacking in particular that of a young girl who had been murdered.
I'm proud of our football clubs record on inclusivity
How dare they even question that!!
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 09:46 - Sep 20 with 2555 viewsCiderwithRsie

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 03:25 - Sep 20 by Hooping_Mad

That link doesn't work, but it would still be just one mans view, whoever the man.

All our views are valid to some extent, I simply don't think this issue is solved by name calling fans of the same team.

Which seems to be interpreted as an extremist position by some of the others who chipped in with their divine insight.

I'm actually starting to worry about supporters returning, adults who go round calling anyone who disagrees, nasty and libellous names I find disturbing and infantile.

I wonder if this is why QPR have decided to stop this before it spills out into the stadiums.

Maybe it would be best to leave the politics out of the match reports, but when some welcome the inclusion of the tribal politics to football it's bound to get a mention unfortunately.

Maybe if the name calling could just be toned down a bit.

I come here for football not to be schooled in how to think.

Peace love and 3pts
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 3:36]

Amen to the last three sentences.

That said, we can all learn stuff. Mikey Holding isn't just "one man with his view" he is one man who lived what he is talking about which does count for rather more than the opinion of one man like, say, me, who hasn't. Who "the man" is matters.

Personally I found the interview with Ebony Rainsford-Brent that was linked with it even more powerful, because it wasn't the experience of a black man back in the dark old days, it was the experience of being a black woman a generation younger than me, shoes I've never walked in, growing up in one of the most diverse and tolerant cities on the planet, and it's still an eye-opener.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 14:18 - Sep 20 with 2289 viewsAddinall

Agree totally with both the report on the game and the demolition of Sky's hypocritical coverage of the "black lives matter" situation.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 2250 viewsHooping_Mad

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 00:22 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

Do you think Micheal Holding read this?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxis

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 17:54 - Sep 20 with 2031 viewsManinBlack

Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 02:55 - Sep 20 by NewBee

I read Clive's report with wry amusement until I got to the bit about"the knee", when even as a white middle-aged Brentford fan with no particular axe to grind, I was moved by the power of Clive's invective as he laid into Sky for their double standards - magnificent stuff!

I understood perfectly the power of his anger, since I was feeling it myself.

Then I read down the comments beneath until I got to yours, with your conspiracy theory that this anti-QPR shit-stirring must all be down to Brentford fans at Sky, since this multi-national corporation happens to have its HQ a couple of miles out the road at Osterley.

Total and utter horseshit! I mean where were all those Bees fans two or three seasons ago (i.e. before we got a bit good) and the coverage of BFC was paltry to non-existent?

Or as well as the likes of BMW, has Brentford's recruitment team now started snapping up TV Sports Editorial talent too and infiltrated them into Sky's coverage of the Championship, all the better to piss off QPR fans like yourself?

Yeah that could be it.

George Soros probably has a hand in it too....

I don't see why a Bees fan is on this site reading a Coventry v QPR match report. I wouldn't dream of going onto another's clubs forum to read a match report when QPR are not involved.

This forum is for R's fans to debate and talking amongst ourselves as to why Sky picked on us. I happen to know two Brentford fans are in the editorial team at Sky just by watching Sky doing a feature on themselves on their football coverage.

The fact is Brentford fans still harp on about 1960's events, I was suggesting, tongue in cheek, that it would not surprise me if one of these people was behind this suggestion my club is racist. I used the word perhaps when I said it, not definitely. I was doing my own mischief making but you would not know that as you don't know me or my dry humour.

For the record I actually believe the attack by Sky is purely because of their virtue signalling, that they expect all clubs to take the knee before all live games. They want that to show the watching nation, ha ha, that they are against racism and all the clubs back them.

I am sure Sky are not bothered if QPR don't make the gesture before a game that is not live but they expect us to partake when we are live. On this occasion perhaps we should have done when we knew it was televised. I don't buy Coventry's reasoning as they could have taken the knee even if QPR didn't want to.
Riches to rags, beauty to beast, QPR crash at Cov - Report on 01:30 - Sep 21 with 1709 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive an excellent read as always.

A game of two halves - conceding such a soft goal before half time was a killer.

Dieng should be given an opportunity in goal
Lumley dropped to the bench and Kelly preferably sold or loaned out.

Wallace should not be in our team
He is very slow and not up to Championship standard.

Our defence is very slow apart from Kakay

Barbet is not a central defender and can't defend corners. He is very weak. Maybe he should be moved to left back (if Manning is leaving) or left side of a back 3

Cameron is also very slow and has gone downhill.
This does not look too bad when we are on top and in control.
However once Coventry started to play at pace in the second half he got exposed.

Carroll was mediocre and Amos should not play in a number 10 position
Chair should have been kept central not on the left touchline

Dykes was left to carry a one man attack supported at times by BOS and Chair.

Biggest holes we need to fill right now are
Goalkeeper - give Dieng a chance
Left Back - get a replacement for Wallace asap (especially if Manning is leaving)
Central Defence - Barbet is not a good defender and can't win a header against an opponent

Midfield - Cameron too slow. Carroll and Amos too weak

Strikers - need support for Dykes - he can't do it alone

I thought the Coventry players Giles and O'Hare looked useful

We need to strengthen this squad and fast as we looked relegation material in the second half.
change goalkeeper (Dieng)
1 x central defender
1 x central midfielder
2 x forwards (1 if BOS stays)
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 1:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024