Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 10:05 - Sep 20 with 7529 viewsNorthernr

Four year deal.
Dieng on 10:08 - Sep 20 with 3608 viewsQPR_Jim

& a starting place next weekend?
Dieng on 10:08 - Sep 20 with 3606 viewsfrancisbowles

Might not be too long before he gets a game......somewhere?
Dieng on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 3588 viewsHunterhoop

Cat amongst the pigeons.

3 first team squad keepers and then a host of youngsters including one on loan is probably a bit much for a club with our financial resources.

And would Dieng have signed a 4 year deal if he didn’t think there was a strong chance of playing, given recent interest from elsewhere?
Dieng on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 3553 viewsBklynRanger

So in the positive language requested by Warbs, wouldn't it now make sense to give the only one of the '3 tasty keepers' who hasn't had a run in the side yet a run in the side? And that's no disrespect to Joe who has done a first class job for us etc etc etc.
Dieng on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 3551 viewsOakR

Seems strange if Kelly and Lumley are viewed ahead of him - if this was a possibility you'd have thought he would have had more of a run pre-season and would have played against Plymouth.

I'm not really sure why, but I have high hope for Dieng, so I'm happy he is staying, maybe he will go on loan again this year with a view to being No1 next year.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dieng on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 3551 viewsLowerloftLad

great news he has had the same rave reviews as the likes of chair and eze did when they were out on loan

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Dieng on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 3531 viewsDixie_CT

Dieng on 10:16 - Sep 20 by LowerloftLad

great news he has had the same rave reviews as the likes of chair and eze did when they were out on loan

and Lumley who kept clean sheet after clean sheet for Blackpool and Bristol Rovers.

Can see the deal being the catalyst for Dieng to become number 1
Dieng on 10:21 - Sep 20 with 3525 viewsNorthernr

Dieng on 10:20 - Sep 20 by Dixie_CT

and Lumley who kept clean sheet after clean sheet for Blackpool and Bristol Rovers.

Can see the deal being the catalyst for Dieng to become number 1

Dieng's Doncaster numbers actually remarkably similar to Lumley's Blackpool and Bristol stats.
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng on 10:25 - Sep 20 with 3502 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you are excepting Dieng to be mistake free, watch this video. Great words by Darren Moore.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 10:28]
Dieng on 10:26 - Sep 20 with 3494 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dieng He dives he dives and saves with his feet...

That's 2 advantages over the bandy-legged Jo

What's not to like.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dieng on 10:26 - Sep 20 with 3502 viewsDixie_CT

Dieng on 10:21 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Dieng's Doncaster numbers actually remarkably similar to Lumley's Blackpool and Bristol stats.

I think they have similar styles as a keeper but Dieng is more of a physical presence than Lumely. More solid and giving the perception of being tougher to beat.

Lumley looks like Peter Crouch with gloves on but with the anixety of the sliding doors virgin Crouch in a strip club.
Dieng on 10:31 - Sep 20 with 3472 viewsflynnbo

Dieng on 10:26 - Sep 20 by Dixie_CT

I think they have similar styles as a keeper but Dieng is more of a physical presence than Lumely. More solid and giving the perception of being tougher to beat.

Lumley looks like Peter Crouch with gloves on but with the anixety of the sliding doors virgin Crouch in a strip club.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2F
Dieng on 10:34 - Sep 20 with 3447 viewsstevec

Dieng Dong.

Give him a game, that department can’t get any worse.
Dieng on 10:36 - Sep 20 with 3434 viewsDixie_CT

Dieng on 10:25 - Sep 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

If you are excepting Dieng to be mistake free, watch this video. Great words by Darren Moore.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 10:28]

If you're expecting any goalkeeper to be mistake free then go for nice, long, ice cold shower.

Goalkeepers have a vital role to play in regards to presence and the confidence you inspire in your defence. Sadly, and I do mean that, it looks like Lumley is struggling to do either.
Dieng on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 3406 viewsbosh67

Darren Moore is a really top guy and I rally hope he gets another big club one day soon. Plays great football.

With Dieng he needs a chance. As on other threads I think the problem with our keepers is deeper than are they any good or not. It's how they command their area given the system we play.

We have so many keepers now perhaps we should be retraining a few of them as defenders and centre forwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng on 10:41 - Sep 20 with 3397 viewsqpr_1968

give him a run starting next week.
lumley has had long enough now, the forest game he looked as if he'd turned a corner, sorry for the pun, but friday, was'nt too convinced , he's too inconsistent.
whats to lose.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Dieng on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 3392 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng on 10:36 - Sep 20 by Dixie_CT

If you're expecting any goalkeeper to be mistake free then go for nice, long, ice cold shower.

Goalkeepers have a vital role to play in regards to presence and the confidence you inspire in your defence. Sadly, and I do mean that, it looks like Lumley is struggling to do either.

Agree.

My point was Dieng is not the messiah, and neither is Lumley the root of our failings.

Lumley has been excellent since the return from lockdown in my opinion. In regards to the other night, there is a difference between should have done better and giving away the goal. Lumley was guilty of the former.
Dieng on 10:45 - Sep 20 with 3376 viewsDixie_CT

Dieng on 10:42 - Sep 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree.

My point was Dieng is not the messiah, and neither is Lumley the root of our failings.

Lumley has been excellent since the return from lockdown in my opinion. In regards to the other night, there is a difference between should have done better and giving away the goal. Lumley was guilty of the former.

If he is not the messiah then let us hope he is not a very naughty boy.
Dieng on 11:53 - Sep 20 with 3172 viewsCiderwithRsie

This from Bosh:

With Dieng he needs a chance. As on other threads I think the problem with our keepers is deeper than are they any good or not. It's how they command their area given the system we play.

Plus This from Bazza:

I found it sad that when the entire defence (but especially Wallace) allowed the opposing CF a free header from a few yards out the immediate reaction here was that Lumley must go.

That said, one of the things that would improve the defence is a keeper who balled out defenders when they go missing and it's hard for Lumley to do that credibly. Not sure a youngster like Dieng will be better.

(Also sad that when literally the first time we go behind people are straight on Warburton's case, as if no other football team has ever gone behind in a match. There was lots wrong with our performance, and not just in defence, as Hunterhoop pointed out at the time, and Warburton admitted after the game, but I wonder if Cov fans reacted to our pen like that?)
Dieng on 12:09 - Sep 20 with 3114 viewsHooping_Mad

Dieng on 11:53 - Sep 20 by CiderwithRsie

This from Bosh:

Plus This from Bazza:

I found it sad that when the entire defence (but especially Wallace) allowed the opposing CF a free header from a few yards out the immediate reaction here was that Lumley must go.

That said, one of the things that would improve the defence is a keeper who balled out defenders when they go missing and it's hard for Lumley to do that credibly. Not sure a youngster like Dieng will be better.

(Also sad that when literally the first time we go behind people are straight on Warburton's case, as if no other football team has ever gone behind in a match. There was lots wrong with our performance, and not just in defence, as Hunterhoop pointed out at the time, and Warburton admitted after the game, but I wonder if Cov fans reacted to our pen like that?)

Lumley seems to be a bit of a ball watcher atm,

Failed to close players down on several occasions in various games, just stays rooted to
the line.
Doesn't come for anything going across the box, I expect the players have started calling
him Dracula over his irrational fear of crosses
And it has all got worse since the attempt murder at Villa.

I think it's a confidence thing, couple of good games in front of a crowd and he could find the confidence to deal with the weaker aspects of his game.

Still a half decent shot stopper.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dieng on 12:34 - Sep 20 with 3055 viewsFrankRightguard

For me I would like to see Dieng have a chance now, can’t see why we’d offer, or he’d sign, a four year deal if he isn’t going to come in. Get Lumley a decent League One loan so he can get his mojo back out of the glare of the OTT criticism he gets from the Rangers fans. Keep Kelly as back up keeper. He isn’t good enough for this level, too small.
Dieng on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 3051 viewsFrankRightguard

Dieng on 12:09 - Sep 20 by Hooping_Mad

Failed to close players down on several occasions in various games, just stays rooted to
the line.
Doesn't come for anything going across the box, I expect the players have started calling

I think it's a confidence thing, couple of good games in front of a crowd and he could find the confidence to deal with the weaker aspects of his game.

Don’t think Lumley has been the same since the boot in the face at Villa. Seemed to have a huge effect on him and he’s been up and down since.
Dieng on 13:03 - Sep 20 with 2954 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A Dundee supporting mate of mine was very impressed when he did a stint up there. He commented that we must have good keepers if SD couldn’t make the bench.

Then we signed Kelly and he was a little baffled.

I think the fear is that so much pressure is placed on him, so that if he doesn’t keep clean sheets for several months he’ll be hounded.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dieng on 14:16 - Sep 20 with 2819 viewsQPR_Jim

Dieng on 12:09 - Sep 20 by Hooping_Mad

the line.

I agree, the interesting point Moore made is that the crowd were cheering Dieng coming out and claiming crosses, so it sounds like he would be an improvement on Lumley in that department.

I'm sure there are Championship teams who would take Lumley or Kelly on loan, if not League 1.
Dieng on 14:23 - Sep 20 with 2801 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I missed the pre season game he played for us. How did it go then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024