Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme 12:55 - Oct 8 with 6332 viewsNorthernr

Been asked to do one of these for the programme at Bournemouth next week. Collabroative effort? Because I'm sure there's some I've forgotten. Have fun...

BEST match

WORST moment

BEST goal

WORST tackle

BEST cup run

WORST cup upset

BEST manager

WORST kit

BEST cult hero

WORST haircut
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 4063 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Good luck with the ‘Best Cup Run’, Clive.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 4063 viewsNov77

FA cup SF v West Brom 82
League cup final. V Oxford 86
Trev
Terry fenwick on Brian Horton Luton away early 80s
League cup 67
Vauxhall motors/oxford 86
Alec stock
Home kit premier league no hoops on back
Stan
Marc bircham

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:09 - Oct 8 with 4049 viewsAirtomoreira

Surely the worst moment has to be Norwich 1976 - Oxford 1986 is just a minor irritation by comparison?
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:15 - Oct 8 with 4007 viewsDorse

Worst kit: that Bretton-striped abomination foisted on us by the brain donors at Nike.

Worst moment(s): every second of the 800 years added time against Man Utd in 1996 that effectively relegated us.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:18 - Oct 8 with 3996 viewsPinnerPaul

Blimey, think you're going to get a fair spread of answers there Clive but here goes

Play Off Final
Liverpool beating Wolves 1976
Gerry Francis v Liverpool 1975
Terry Neill on Gerry Francis - 74 ish?
Has to be League Cup 1967
Vauxhall Motors
Dave Sexton
The pink number
Stan
Don Shanks perm!
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 3993 viewsNov77

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:09 - Oct 8 by Airtomoreira

Surely the worst moment has to be Norwich 1976 - Oxford 1986 is just a minor irritation by comparison?

To be fair theres a few worst moment candidates, losing 4-0 away to partizan Belgrade is another one.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:20 - Oct 8 with 3988 viewsloftus77

BEST match New Years Day 1992, Say no more.

WORST moment — Eoin Jess. SAY NO MORE.

BEST goal — Wayne Fereday v Spurs, 1984. Absolute belter after we’d just missed a pen.

WORST tackle — difficult. I’m thinking Mark Dennis but nothing in particular.

BEST cup run — FA Cup 1990 for me. I think we played more games than 82, could be wrong..

WORST cup upset — Not anything to do with a car company. Actually losing to Doncaster in 1985/86 really got me

BEST manager — Terry Venables

WORST kit — heresy for the oldies I know, but the all-white kit at the P/O final in 2003. Good idea, but didn’t work — we were ‘Swansea’…

BEST cult hero — Stan (you could ‘lock’ this question, surely?)

WORST haircut — Gerry Francis
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 13:23]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:38 - Oct 8 with 3911 viewsJeff

Worst Tackle: Taye Taiwo Rugby Tackling Danny Graham, or any of the 23 fouls that Samba Diakite did on Bryan Ruiz before getting sent off on his debut...

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:50 - Oct 8 with 3847 viewsRs_Holy

BEST match - Playoff Final at Wemberley

WORST moment — Losing in the last minute to Huddersfield relegating us to the third tier of English footy.

BEST goal — Wild Thangs first at Rushden & Diamonds

WORST tackle — any tackle from Sambe Diakete

BEST cup run — FA Cup 1990... The replay against the Arse was an amazing atmosphere, the 1/4 Final againt Liverpool was also incredible.

WORST cup upset — Vauxhall Bleed'n Motors

BEST manager — Terry Vegetables

WORST kit — Nike Prem kit with the narrow hoops and white patch on the back

BEST cult hero — has to be Stan Bowles

WORST haircut — Danny Dichio's ponytail.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 17:41]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:53 - Oct 8 with 3844 viewsNorthernr

Gavin Maguire v Danny Thomas up there for the tackle surely?
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:00 - Oct 8 with 3810 viewsRs_Holy

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:53 - Oct 8 by Northernr

must have been bad but I wasn't at that game.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:02 - Oct 8 with 3813 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The best goal I think for me is Tarby v's Swansea.

Probably forgotten a few.

Buzz against Blackpool I just watched again on youtube but was wind assisted as it was bloody windy (against blackpool again) that night.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:09 - Oct 8 with 3783 viewsTomS

BEST match: I'll nominate the home match against Leicester in autumn 2004, during our run of 7 wins in a row. We won 3-2, coming back from 2-0 down and the stadium was literally rocking all throughout the second half. Ollie claimed he was jumping about like Zebedee as Furlong scored the winner late on. Well I guarantee you all the home supporters were doing the same. Unforgettable.

WORST moment: Half time, 1-0 down to Man City in the last game of the season at the Ethiad in May 2013, when we retired to the Concourse to hear that Bolton had taken the lead against Stoke, How were we going to get out of this?

BEST goal: Sinclair's overhead kick

WORST tackle: I recall some very bad injuries, but not necessarily bad tackles. Would Gary O'Neill's professional foul in the Play Off final count as a "tackle"?

BEST cup run: League Cup 1967, obviously

WORST cup upset: Vauxhall Motors. I dreaded going into work the following day after that one

BEST manager: Terry Venables

WORST kit: Home Kit, the Nike premiership one with the thin hoops. Away Kit: Eeney, meeney, miney mo, there are too many candidates.

BEST cult hero: Stan

WORST haircut: Marc Bircham
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 14:45]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:10 - Oct 8 with 3777 viewsloftboy

Worst tackle Gavin Maguire on Danny thomas

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:12 - Oct 8 with 3767 viewscollegeranger

BEST match - V Oldham (Playoff Semi at Loftus Road) i thought the upper loft was going to collapse

WORST moment - Walking back from Wembley after loosing to Oxford in the Milk Cup Final

BEST goal Taarabt v Swansea

WORST tackle - El-Hadji Diouf on Jamie Mackie at Blackburn in FA Cup 3rd round

BEST cup run 1982 run to the FA Cup Final (Police Horses on the Pitch after Palace win)

WORST cup upset - Vauxhall Motors (awul)

BEST manager Terry Venables

WORST kit The Green and white hoops 2010/2011 (we are not Celtic in disguise)

BEST cult hero Stan the Man

WORST haircut Karl Ready - the Wendy James Bob !
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 3750 viewsPhildo

In my time and matches I was at:

BEST match- Play off final

WORST moment-Vauxhall motors

BEST goal- The Sinclair OHK

WORST tackle- My team are always good sportsmen (usually to our detriment)

BEST cup run- The FA cup final

WORST cup upset- Oxford (feet still hurt from the walk to Wembley)

BEST manager- I liked Don Howe a lot at the time

WORST kit- sadly too many

BEST cult hero- Bob Hazell

WORST haircut- always Gerry
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:18 - Oct 8 with 3734 viewsNW5Hoop

Much as I love Taarabt v Swansea, I can't see how any goal can compete with Sinclair, which I maintain is the best goal ever scored in the British Isles.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:20 - Oct 8 with 3726 viewsMaggsinho

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:18 - Oct 8 by NW5Hoop

Much as I love Taarabt v Swansea, I can't see how any goal can compete with Sinclair, which I maintain is the best goal ever scored in the British Isles.

Yeah, has to be Sinclair for best goal, there was a genuine split second of stunned silence when it went in.
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:27 - Oct 8 with 3707 viewsMick_S

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:09 - Oct 8 by TomS

BEST match: I'll nominate the home match against Leicester in autumn 2004, during our run of 7 wins in a row. We won 3-2, coming back from 2-0 down and the stadium was literally rocking all throughout the second half. Ollie claimed he was jumping about like Zebedee as Furlong scored the winner late on. Well I guarantee you all the home supporters were doing the same. Unforgettable.

WORST moment: Half time, 1-0 down to Man City in the last game of the season at the Ethiad in May 2013, when we retired to the Concourse to hear that Bolton had taken the lead against Stoke, How were we going to get out of this?

BEST goal: Sinclair's overhead kick

WORST tackle: I recall some very bad injuries, but not necessarily bad tackles. Would Gary O'Neill's professional foul in the Play Off final count as a "tackle"?

BEST cup run: League Cup 1967, obviously

WORST cup upset: Vauxhall Motors. I dreaded going into work the following day after that one

BEST manager: Terry Venables

WORST kit: Home Kit, the Nike premiership one with the thin hoops. Away Kit: Eeney, meeney, miney mo, there are too many candidates.

BEST cult hero: Stan

WORST haircut: Marc Bircham
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 14:45]

Happy days.

Picture not too clever, but what a video.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:36 - Oct 8 with 3684 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BEST match: 2-0 Arsenal in the Cup
WORST moment: Relegation to L1
BEST goal: Wegerle
WORST tackle: None
BEST cup run: 82
WORST cup upset: Vauxhall
BEST manager: Venables
WORST kit: Nike Air Asia Kit
BEST cult hero: Devon
WORST haircut: Bircham

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:37 - Oct 8 with 3689 viewsterryb

BEST match - Home to Liverpool August 1975

WORST moment - Away to Norwich Easter Saturday 1976

BEST goal - Keith bradbury og at Villa May 1968 to gain promotion to the top division for the first time.

WORST tackle - Went on Martyn Busby away to Fulham 1972

BEST cup run - League Cup 1966/67

WORST cup upset - Away to peterborough League Cup 1968

BEST manager - Gordon Jago

WORST kit

BEST cult hero - Ale Faurlin

WORST haircut - Darren peacock
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:30]
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:37 - Oct 8 with 3676 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 13:53 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Ya, it was horrendous.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:37 - Oct 8 with 3677 viewsdaveB

BEST match - QPR 5 Newcastle 5 - game had everything, mad comeback, end to end, goals disallowed and an incredible atmosphere. 5-3 behind in the 88th minute

WORST moment - Relegation at Huddersfield in 2001, never felt so low seeing us go from top London club to league one within a decade with the club in admin at the time and possibly going out of business

BEST goal - Trevor is the obvious one but will go with Adel v Swansea

WORST tackle Gavin Maguire on Danny Thomas, a career ending tackle

BEST cup run - Didn't get to the final but the 1990 FA Cup run was superb, beat Arsenal at home who were a really good side, 2 replays with Blackpool then that Liverpool 2-2 at Loftus Road.

WORST cup upset - Losing to Stockport in 1994 really hurt, I think we all fancied our chances that year and I told my girlfriend at the time I was ill so couldn't go round to meet her parents and went to the game instead, she saw me on Match of the day and I was dumped shortly afterwards, it doesn't reflect well on me that i was more upset about the game than the dumping

BEST manager - Terry Venables, took us to as cup final and the UEFA Cup, we'd have won the league if he had stayed

WORST kit - The home kit in the Huighes/Redknapp season

BEST cult hero Devon White

WORST haircut Trevor Sinclair when he got rid of the dreadlocks, he never played well for us again
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:46 - Oct 8 with 3642 viewsRs_Holy

QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:27 - Oct 8 by Mick_S

Happy days.

Picture not too clever, but what a video.

them were the days!
QPR's best and worst - for the Bournemouth programme on 14:50 - Oct 8 with 3635 viewsloftboy

Right just in from work so can do this properly.

BEST match QPR 6 Chelsea 0

WORST moment relegation 1996

BEST goal missed Sinclairs so Wegerle away at Leeds

WORST tackle Gavin Maguire on Danny Thomas, can still picture it vividly to this day

BEST cup run Although I was at Wembley in 82 and 86 my favourite cup run was the 1990 Fa cup run to the 1/4finals, we played 9 games.

WORST cup upset Vauxhall’s motors

BEST manager Venables

WORST kit the Nike one

BEST cult hero Macca

WORST haircut. Simon Barker!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024