Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Project Big Picture . 08:43 - Oct 12 with 1207 viewsbwildered

Or could be called - The Oliver Project

The new dawn restructure of football - so for more gruel you can have .

No more one club one vote - will become Big six plus three others , long terms from PL will have vote with a two third majority .

Where is the gruel coming from ? 25% total revenue PL and EFL going to EFL clubs with advancement of 250 m and 100m gift to FA.

What get for the gruel ? PL reduced from 20 to 18 , bottom two automatically relegated with play off for third from bottom and third, fourth and fifth Championship. No parachute payments .

Silverware reduced , no more Community Shield and EFL cup.

So, please sir can I have some MORE ?

[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 8:45]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Project Big Picture . on 13:13 - Oct 12 with 1167 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54505270

It seems at least one of the "three others" isn't keen on the idea.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Project Big Picture . on 16:13 - Oct 12 with 1150 viewsbwildered

The deal on paper looks OK, however 70 EFL clubs will share 25% and the top 20, PL clubs have their noses well and truly in the trough for the remaining 75%.
Let’s not forget some of the top six furloughed staff instantly in order to pay and buy players on mega wages. One mega man has also volunteered to pay for the club mascot, well it is one way on him remaining on the pitch while earning.
One wondered who the other three were to be, with Everton obviously being one candidate. Southampton and West Ham make up the numbers. Good PR West Ham , who have doubts publicly but will be out voted on the issue but fortunately still be in the trough.

Project Big Picture . on 18:25 - Oct 15 with 1073 viewsbwildered

The proposal has been voted down and will not be endorsed or persuaded. However a 50m package could be proposed for L1 & L2 only which would not include the Championship.

Project Big Picture . on 19:23 - Oct 15 with 1061 viewsGOSBTS

£50 million bailout for League One and Two rejected by EFL: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54560148

Unless there were unbearable stipulations that the EFL could not agree to, the audacity of the EFL in rejected this leaves me aghast. It's like me voluntarily choosing to donate £100 to Unicef and them rejecting it because it's not £200! The PL are under zero compulsion to help the EFL.

I'll hold further comment until more info is released.
Project Big Picture . on 20:05 - Oct 15 with 1054 viewsLeadbelly

Project Big Picture . on 19:23 - Oct 15 by GOSBTS

£50 million bailout for League One and Two rejected by EFL: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54560148

Unless there were unbearable stipulations that the EFL could not agree to, the audacity of the EFL in rejected this leaves me aghast. It's like me voluntarily choosing to donate £100 to Unicef and them rejecting it because it's not £200! The PL are under zero compulsion to help the EFL.

I'll hold further comment until more info is released.

EFL saying the offer was conditional and that any rescue package had to meet the requirements of all 72 member clubs. No doubt more detail will follow.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Project Big Picture . on 13:24 - Oct 16 with 1006 viewsnoah4x4

£50M when £1240M was spent by the Premier League during the Transfer Window is a shamefully low offer even if unconditional (and it won’t be)

The EFL needs £250M, and as a taxpayer, much as I love my football, I don’t believe Government (e.g we taxpayers) should bridge the gap when Premier League football is richer than any other business sector and can comfortably put its own house in order with negligible impact on the Premier Division.

Ever since the Premier League was formed and declared independence from the EFL this showdown has been coming. Let’s be grateful it wasn’t a pan-European elite league. I’d even vote for a one off windfall tax raid on Premier League profits if it won’t play ball.
Project Big Picture . on 14:31 - Oct 16 with 995 viewsburnsieespana

The problem with the Premier is it is pretty much all owned by overseas investors who want every pound back they can get.
In addition to the transfer fees quoted by Noah I wonder how much also found its way into the pockets of Agents?
I am rapidly coming to the view a pan Europe league with the six top clubs gone would lead to a much more secure future for the remaining 86 teams. Certainly six extra teams could be promoted from the National League to bring us back up tp 92.
Project Big Picture . on 15:53 - Dec 3 with 896 viewsbwildered

Now signed and dusted .

Championship sides to receive 200m loan .
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
L1 and L2 to receive 50m - in grants .

L1 clubs will get £375,000 each immediately
L2 clubs will get £250,000 each immediately
Sub Total 15m

Plus
With also 15m lost gate receipts to be decided and 20m available in monitored grants

Total 50m
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 15:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Project Big Picture . on 12:12 - Dec 4 with 831 viewsburnsieespana

I bet Ron Martin at Southend will be relieved as they are still under a transfer embargo!
On a serious note this will without doubt help a good number of struggling clubs although by the number of Manager's being sacked they are still splashing the cash so to speak!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024