Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report 20:30 - Oct 18 with 3122 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53142
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 21:29 - Oct 18 with 2529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking report, cracking headline.

The only thing we differ on is Barbet, who I thought missed four key challenges that in any other year would have cost us. Luckily we have Dickie covering for him and Wallace also on one occasion. I also thought that after a first half when Dickie bossed Solanke, Warbs should have swapped the centre-backs to send a signal to Solanke that he couldn't just feed off Barbet. He didn't, we got our clean sheet but I thought it looked dicey on a couple of occasions.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 22:18 - Oct 18 with 2397 viewsnix

Great report.

Wasn't sure about Amos as a loan player but could see even last season that he has a lot of potential, and liked him as our player to develop. Whatever, it would be devastating for him to badly injure his other knee so early in his career. Let's hope he's okay.

It's a bit frustrating that all our hard work and decent chances yesterday only got us one point. But I think last season at one point we said we are close to thrashing someone if everything falls into place, and I think that was just before Swansea and Cardiff. Let's hope for a repeat.
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 2312 viewsLblock

“nine shots on target in five games this year — a division low”

This is impressive, even including wayward finishing from Grabban etc
Keep that up and Warbs Warby Warburton will have turned my thick ship around

Brian - I disagree on Bar Bay. Thought he was actually marshalling the defence and central to us squeezing up and frustrating them with offsides at key times in the match

As for Amos clearly he had his best game for us and as noted elsewhere I hope he makes the starting 11 on Wednesday evening. Fair play to him.

Onwards

(It is me typing this.... no hack has occurred)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 22:51 - Oct 18 with 2293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 22:45 - Oct 18 by Lblock

“nine shots on target in five games this year — a division low”

This is impressive, even including wayward finishing from Grabban etc
Keep that up and Warbs Warby Warburton will have turned my thick ship around

Brian - I disagree on Bar Bay. Thought he was actually marshalling the defence and central to us squeezing up and frustrating them with offsides at key times in the match

As for Amos clearly he had his best game for us and as noted elsewhere I hope he makes the starting 11 on Wednesday evening. Fair play to him.

Onwards

(It is me typing this.... no hack has occurred)

Fair point on the marshalling. Missing four headers/tackles is poor, though. He also dived in on the last challenge of the match in an area where he only had to jockey the player. He won the tackle but there was no need to commit. He has a habit of overcommitting and it's something Joel Lynch did, it costs goals.

But you're right on the marshalling. If 5.5 is an average of the possible 11 scores I still think he was below par on the day. I'll go with 5 rather than the uncharitable 4 I gave him yesterday evening.

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 07:29 - Oct 19 with 1969 viewsqprd

Clive, I think you should create another Patreon tier for Dean Trevor updates
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 08:28 - Oct 19 with 1878 viewscpgerber

How happy am I that we got Dickie and not Goode, who is not even making the Brentford matchday squad at the moment.
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 09:20 - Oct 19 with 1777 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent and funny (esp Neil Banfield!) as ever, but can't let you get away with 'first foul'

Aaagghhhh!
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 09:26 - Oct 19 with 1766 viewsNorthernr

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 09:20 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Excellent and funny (esp Neil Banfield!) as ever, but can't let you get away with 'first foul'

Aaagghhhh!

Ok, wasn't a particularly bad foul though was it? Combination of that and him not doing anything prior made it seem harsh to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 09:31 - Oct 19 with 1751 viewsPinnerPaul

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 09:26 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Ok, wasn't a particularly bad foul though was it? Combination of that and him not doing anything prior made it seem harsh to me.

No it wasn't reckless, but doesn't have to be for a caution - 'Breaking up promising attack' would be the reason. When no attempt to play the ball or at least very little chance of playing the ball and player in a promising position, these are generally called as he did.

On a general note, still think it must be far easier for these officials at this level without fans, although a few crowd shouts may have helped at Goodison on Saturday - still can't get over how bad that (non) decision was by the 'team' (including VAR), led by our best referee as well!
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 10:04 - Oct 19 with 1694 viewsNorthantsHoop

Defence starting to gel together, confidence is growing, probably feel with Dieng in goal a bit more solid. They were improving at Shef Wed as well. Kakay been a revelation since his return and Dickie starting to look good as well. Big shout out to Dominic Ball, we look better with him in defensive midfield. Unlucky for Amos best game for Rangers so far, hope he recovers quickly.
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 1603 viewsTeddRanger

If we play Warbs Warburton bingo ,what phrases come to mind?

I'll go with "first contact"
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 1576 viewsPinnerPaul

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 10:51 - Oct 19 by TeddRanger

"7 games in 21 days"
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:17 - Oct 19 with 1548 viewsderbyhoop

Great report.

Right to put in the warning that, after a good solid performance, we can't afford to waste the opportunity from the next 4 games, all of which are winnable.

It would be so QPR to follow up Saturday with a feeble loss to PNE or Brum.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1535 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:03 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

"7 games in 21 days"

"This is a hard league".

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 12:16 - Oct 19 with 1456 viewsTomS

It reads like a good match. I'm trying to balance all the good stuff in this report against the Sky Sports highlights on Saturday evening, which extended to one minute and eight seconds.
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 12:20 - Oct 19 with 1448 viewssimmo

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:21 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

"This is a hard league".

"All credit to the players"

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 12:33 - Oct 19 with 1423 viewsLblock

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 11:21 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

"This is a hard league".

I thought his penchant was... "it's an unforgiving league... it's Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 1333 viewsPhildo

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 10:51 - Oct 19 by TeddRanger

'How very dare you Clive'
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 13:49 - Oct 19 with 1261 viewssimmo

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 13:19 - Oct 19 by Phildo

'How very dare you Clive'

"Now you're being derogatory there"

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 13:53 - Oct 19 with 1254 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 13:49 - Oct 19 by simmo

"Now you're being derogatory there"

"Don't be an arse".

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 14:34 - Oct 19 with 1177 viewsrobith

Based on the opening paragraph of this report - has anyone noticed a *dramatic* increase in our digital fan base, especially on twitter? I feel like seeing a QPR fan in the wild was rare enough to be exciting but it feels like since lockdown it's increased like 5x. Compounding how every piece of news is met like the end of the world.

Not saying you're not allowed to critique the club, just weird we seem to have way more digital noise and it's all mainly negative. weird
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 14:56 - Oct 19 with 1124 viewsTheChef

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 14:34 - Oct 19 by robith

Based on the opening paragraph of this report - has anyone noticed a *dramatic* increase in our digital fan base, especially on twitter? I feel like seeing a QPR fan in the wild was rare enough to be exciting but it feels like since lockdown it's increased like 5x. Compounding how every piece of news is met like the end of the world.

Not saying you're not allowed to critique the club, just weird we seem to have way more digital noise and it's all mainly negative. weird

Welcome to the 21st century!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 15:05 - Oct 19 with 1099 viewsrobith

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 14:56 - Oct 19 by TheChef

Welcome to the 21st century!

Takes me 20 minutes to log in to this site like.

For assurance I was talking about the last few months
Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 15:28 - Oct 19 with 1047 viewsTheChef

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 15:05 - Oct 19 by robith

Takes me 20 minutes to log in to this site like.

For assurance I was talking about the last few months

Clear - but for sure the last six months has exacerbated the world of sh1t that social media has become.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 15:59 - Oct 19 with 1006 viewssimmo

Everything but the goal, QPR held at Bournemouth - Report on 14:34 - Oct 19 by robith

I have to add that I don't really see much or any of the overly negative stuff on Twitter. Some still gets through, but generally I mute or block persistent offenders and it means I don't have to read the constant shite from people who set up accounts purely to be c*nts.

I recommend everybody does the same btw, it makes life much better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024