Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS 21:55 - Nov 6 with 4962 viewsdurham_exile

After the excitement of a rare Colchester United hattrick courtesy of already a strong contender for Player of the Season Jevani Brown against Stevenage Borough on Tuesday evening the Super U’s play host to Marine AFC on Saturday at 3pm in the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup.

As I mentioned earlier in the other FA Cup thread, I went to Marine’s ground in 1972 for the FA Amateur Cup tie against Enfield which the London side won 3-0.

Marine are managed by Neil Young and will present more of a challenge than Stevenage offered the other evening. They have reached the 1st Round Proper for the first time in 25 years and will be keen to cause an upset.

We will certainly be hoping that Colchester approach the game professionally and do not give the impression that they are On the Beach. Similarly, we need to go after them Like a Hurricane and make sure that we do not offer them charity in the form of a Heart of Gold. Well they are managed by Young and they hail from Crosby.

Chuck Norris is injured and will be out until the beginning of December therefore the signing of Michael Folivi was particularly opportune.

Now SB is at least consistent, on Tuesday he made three substitutions with less than 10 minutes to play. Josh Bohui got his customary 7 minutes of action, Chilvers replaced Poku on 85 minutes and new striker Folivi got two minutes replacing the outstanding Jevani Brown on 88 minutes.

It would seem that he is not to be dissuaded from only playing one striker even at home.

This is a mistake but while results are positive the policy will remain unchanged.
Therefore, he is unlikely to make many starting changes from Tuesday evening.

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Pell

Senior Poku Harriott

Brown

Subs:
George Sowunmi Chilvers Scarlett Gambin Bohui Folivi

I would start Bohui instead of Senior, but the latter is simply undroppable.

Given that Marine will offer more attacking threat than Stevenage, SB will err on the cautious side, but these are the sort of games where the opposition must be put to the sword. Over the years we have had enough cup upsets, Yeovil Town, Wycombe Wanderers, Dover Athletic, Bedlington Terriers are just some that spring to mind over the years.

Now that the FA Cup offers the only realistic big money-spinning opportunities the U’s must be after the Goldrush and a 4-0 scoreline is realistic in order to avoid any embarrassment.

The weather in Colchester is set fair tomorrow with 12 degrees Celsius and clear dry conditions. Some sunshine will be in evidence.

Frankly, a home tie against a Northern Premier League side who play in the 8th tier of English football is one not to be sniffed at. We must take full advantage.

The match is available through the BBC Red Button and Online services, live at 3pm. Both teams will enjoy a financial cup windfall, but it is the homeside that will progress to Round Two.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:08 - Nov 9 with 917 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 15:07 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

....and are you sure you were not born when we encountered Mortenson and Matthews?

1956 honest guv

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:37 - Nov 9 with 897 viewsmfb_cufc

Marine have been drawn at home to Havant and Waterlooville in the second round.

mfb

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 20:00 - Nov 9 with 885 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:37 - Nov 9 by mfb_cufc

Good luck to them. Added spice as a non league side guaranteed a third round tie. I assume Marine would favour a trip to Anfield or Goodison.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 856 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:37 - Nov 9 by mfb_cufc

That only reinforces my anger at the team's disgraceful performance on Saturday.

Whilst wishing Marine well I am incandescent at the loss of invaluable funds following this appalling performance.

The Scummend game is a dead rubber and so the Orient match becomes a cannot afford to lose game.

Frankly the players owe everyone big time.

Finally don't blame Josh Bohui. There were senior players who didn't stand up to be counted.

The result was on a par with Bedlington Terriers humiliation.

I am so very angry.

There can be no excuses the performances must improve and SB has got to stop playing a lone striker.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 10:35 - Nov 12 with 696 viewsMariner

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 22:44 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

That only reinforces my anger at the team's disgraceful performance on Saturday.

Whilst wishing Marine well I am incandescent at the loss of invaluable funds following this appalling performance.

The Scummend game is a dead rubber and so the Orient match becomes a cannot afford to lose game.

Frankly the players owe everyone big time.

Finally don't blame Josh Bohui. There were senior players who didn't stand up to be counted.

The result was on a par with Bedlington Terriers humiliation.

I am so very angry.

There can be no excuses the performances must improve and SB has got to stop playing a lone striker.

Up the U's

I thought I would come on here to say thank you for some very generous comments about Marine. Sometimes it is easier for a semi pro team to play against opposition that plays the passing game as opposed to the regular more physical battles we are used to on relatively bumpy pitches. Although our team is a young one, we do have four players who have played in Europe for TNS, Bala and Connahs Quay and our centre half has played 160 games for Inverness in the Scottish Premier League. I honestly believe that the result on Saturday will now spur Colchester on and will expect you to make the play offs. That lad Brown is a class act and I wonder what his value is? We play Havant next and they have only lost 2 of their last 23 away games so a tough one for us. I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and will now spend the rest of my life looking out for Colchester United’s results because, as genuine football fans, that’s what we do.
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 12:30 - Nov 12 with 687 viewsburnsieespana

Mariner thank you for your kind comments and I will certainly be keeping an eye on your results going forward.
We paid £325k for Brown at the start of last season and he did nothing but under this season's new Manager he has progressed a great deal and starting to repay our investment.
Good luck in the next round!
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 17:43 - Nov 29 with 435 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 12:30 - Nov 12 by burnsieespana

Mariner thank you for your kind comments and I will certainly be keeping an eye on your results going forward.
We paid £325k for Brown at the start of last season and he did nothing but under this season's new Manager he has progressed a great deal and starting to repay our investment.
Good luck in the next round!

Marine are through to the Third Round of the FA Cup after defeating Havant & Waterlooville 1-0 after ET.

Could they draw Chorley?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 17:59 - Nov 29 with 429 viewsgerry_us

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 17:43 - Nov 29 by durham_exile

Marine are through to the Third Round of the FA Cup after defeating Havant & Waterlooville 1-0 after ET.

Could they draw Chorley?

Up the U's

I think they would prefer Liverpool or Everton.
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 18:00 - Nov 29 with 429 viewsnoah4x4

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 17:43 - Nov 29 by durham_exile

Could they draw Chorley?

Up the U's

Given Liverpool/Marine is in tier two, they will want a big team at home, 2,000 paying home fans and loads of TV/IFollow money.

A quarter of Peterborough's line up were ex-U's players. So no surprise to me they were embarrassed by Chorley.
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 18:17 - Nov 29 with 426 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 17:59 - Nov 29 by gerry_us

I think they would prefer Liverpool or Everton.

Very best to them. Hope they reap rewards which will see them OK in these difficult times.

Moor Pinot

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:31 - Nov 30 with 373 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 18:17 - Nov 29 by Moor_Pinot

Very best to them. Hope they reap rewards which will see them OK in these difficult times.

And it gets even better for Marine

Mourinho and co coming to Crosby

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:34 - Nov 30 with 370 viewsgerry_us

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:31 - Nov 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Absolutely brilliant for them. Wonder what Mr.Mourinho will make of it?
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 370 viewsLeadbelly

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 19:31 - Nov 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Cracking draw for Marine. Almost certain to be on TV.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 22:37 - Nov 30 with 351 viewsnoah4x4

The (Tier Two Covid) Marine ground is completely surrounded by houses on three sides with unobstructed views from their first floor rooms. Imagine how much some Spurs fans might pay if converted into Covid-19 safe luxury boxes.
Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 00:26 - Dec 1 with 343 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to enjoy FA Cup success against Marine at the JSCS on 22:37 - Nov 30 by noah4x4

The (Tier Two Covid) Marine ground is completely surrounded by houses on three sides with unobstructed views from their first floor rooms. Imagine how much some Spurs fans might pay if converted into Covid-19 safe luxury boxes.

Whilst happy for Marine such a lucrative draw really sticks it to the U's and shows us just how much money we have lost out on this season.
Probably £250k.

We really have to sort out our inability to despatch non league teams.

Seething you bet

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024