Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie 16:15 - Nov 10 with 1679 viewsgerry_us

v Sarfend 7.00pm tonight
What can go wrong?
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:52 - Nov 10 with 741 viewswessex_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:49 - Nov 10 by noah4x4

Do you think the Southend defence don't understand that they don't need to socially distance 2 metres from our attack?

U's concede a last minute consolation to finish 6-1

Humes Out!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:52 - Nov 10 with 741 viewsgerry_us

Careless...6-1 but it'll do.
Hopefully management have learned something for Saturday. We'll see...
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:52 - Nov 10 with 741 viewsdurham_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:42 - Nov 10 by gerry_us

Maybe we have found Saturday's starting line-up?
6-0. O's may be a bit different though.

Gerry SB will bring back Senior on Saturday.

Harriott will be out though plus Chuck.

Hopefully Stevenson will be back.

Frankly this is a meaningless match and only enrages me more after Saturday.

Up the U's for the first time SB has played 3 strikers. Was

Durham_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 21:01 - Nov 10 with 730 viewswessex_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:52 - Nov 10 by durham_exile

Gerry SB will bring back Senior on Saturday.

Harriott will be out though plus Chuck.

Hopefully Stevenson will be back.

Frankly this is a meaningless match and only enrages me more after Saturday.

Up the U's for the first time SB has played 3 strikers. Was

I'm going to disagree on the meaningless match. Yes, meaningless as far as both the competition and our chance to progress in it (notwithstanding the £10k bonus), but so much more important that everyone associated with Colchester United, players, staff and supporters, had to see some sort of response after Saturday's debacle. I sincerely believe this will give the squad so much confidence ahead of Saturday.

Up the U's

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 21:32 - Nov 10 with 708 viewsdurham_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 21:01 - Nov 10 by wessex_exile

I'm going to disagree on the meaningless match. Yes, meaningless as far as both the competition and our chance to progress in it (notwithstanding the £10k bonus), but so much more important that everyone associated with Colchester United, players, staff and supporters, had to see some sort of response after Saturday's debacle. I sincerely believe this will give the squad so much confidence ahead of Saturday.

Wessex meaningless because the damage has already been done.

Tonight will count for nothing if SB brings back Senior and Smith and fails to play Bohui, Folivi and Brown from the start.

I am still seething after the weekend, the manner of the defeat has affected me and yes I've seen it all before over 50 years but this season every penny counts and the lack of application when it really mattered was breathtakingly stupid.

Incandescent you bet I am.

Last season we defeated Orient before that game against Spurs. This year we only have the league left and we must get out of this basement league this season. We have declined as a club over the past 5 years and papering over the cracks or applying a band aid is woefully inadequate.

Mad yes I am because we can do so much better as a team.

Stevenage were put to the sword and frankly that should have been 6-1. Then inexplicably we turn in a woeful insipid performance against Marine which has only brought back memories of the Bedlington Terriers humiliation.

Only a comprehensive victory against Leyton Orient will go some way to assuage the hurt but SB must be brave in his team selection.

Jevani Brown is the real deal this season and must be given the sort of service that he received against Stevenage but more regularly.

He can score more than 20 goals this season for the U's and eclipse Cureton and Big Roy in doing so.

Up the U's

No more s^^t please
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 21:34]

Durham_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 22:24 - Nov 10 with 688 viewsnoah4x4

Am I in a minority in thinking Marine were defensively brilliant? They did their homework, had some good fortune in scoring first, then defended like we did against Spurs and Palace. Ugly but effective. By contrast, Southend and Stevenage were awful.

I think conspicuous was the number of FA Cup non-league shock winners. I don't believe I have witnessed so many. Oxford City (remember them) beating Northampton. Daggers beating Grimsby. Kings Lynn beating Port Vale. Stockport overcoming Rochdale. Solihull Moors beating Scunthorpe. Barnet beat Burton. Chorley beat Wigan. I attribute this to complacency amongst professionals and no fans to inspire them nor intimidate and unsettle the lower league teams. All of the said EFL teams should have won, but let's give credit to the victors. That doesn't excuse the U's, but today we saw the response we demanded, albeit against a woeful side.
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 06:29 - Nov 11 with 660 viewswessex_exile

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 20:16 - Nov 10 by wessex_exile

Second hat-trick and second perfect hat-trick too - 3-0 to the U's!

My mistake, I thought watching live Brown had dinked his second with his right foot - clearly his left on the highlights, but a lovely composed finish nevertheless.

Up the U's

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 08:59 - Nov 11 with 637 viewsburnsieespana

Two hatricks in three games. Wonder if a Col United player has ever done that before?
Brown on fire at the moment and scoring some really good goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 09:44 - Nov 11 with 631 viewsgerry_us

Suspect we may have lost at least two of our goals with VAR.
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 09:51 - Nov 11 with 628 viewsbwildered

Two hatricks in three games. Wonder if a Col United player has ever done that before?
Brown on fire at the moment and scoring some really good goals.

Martyn King did it Sept 26/28 1959 against Pot Vale and Mansfield and Arthur Turner scored seven in two days, 1 and 3 April 1948 against Dartford and Barry back in the day .

Might not be meaningless but largely a hollow victory and raises more questions than answers regarding last weekends debacle .

A case of potential against consistency for the club .
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 10:20]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 17:38 - Nov 11 with 592 viewswessex_exile

Perspective is a wonderful thing - whilst we lick our wounds after the dismal performance against Marine, at least we haven't locked the team coach out of the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54908117

In the local press, apparently even eggs were thrown.

Up the U's

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 586 viewsgerry_us

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 17:38 - Nov 11 by wessex_exile

Perspective is a wonderful thing - whilst we lick our wounds after the dismal performance against Marine, at least we haven't locked the team coach out of the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54908117

In the local press, apparently even eggs were thrown.

Classic
Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 16:14 - Nov 12 with 517 viewsLeadbelly

Another Mickey Mouse Cup tie on 17:49 - Nov 11 by gerry_us

Classic

The absence of gates on the eastern approach to the ground means we couldn't really emulate the bottom feeders.

Dumping something across United Way would be our only option. Plenty of horse sh!t available just up the road in Boxted but the very swift action required after such an ignominious defeat would be a logistical nightmare.

I'll give it some thought, just in case.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024