Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient 20:25 - Nov 13 with 1445 viewsdurham_exile

The U’s entertain Ross Embleton’s Leyton Orient side on Saturday in the final of four successive home games. It has certainly been a curate’s egg with victory over Stevenage 3-1, a disaster against Marine 1-1 and 5-3 defeat on penalties, then a much-changed side won 6-1 against Southend. Colchester are left with only the league to battle for and so this Orient match must produce three more home points.

Special mention must be made of Jevani Brown with his two hattricks against Stevenage and Southend. What price a third against Orient.

Before we move on a mention of the shocking performance and appalling result against Marine AFC. SB played a strong team who certainly should have prevailed against the non-league outfit, but we imploded in spectacular style to leave another failure in the premier Cup competition. Pell, Chilvers and Brown converted their penalties and Josh Bohui missed but there were other more senior players who should have taken that fourth penalty. Anyway, it changes nothing, and we lick our wounds fail to count the coffers and move on.

Southend are a poor side on a par with Stevenage and the margin of victory was very good, but I would have rather seen three goals go in against Marine and three against Southend.

That brings us to Orient.

SB is likely to change things around squad wise on Saturday.
I would like to see the following start:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Pell Stevenson Chilvers

Folivi Brown Bohui

Subs
George Cowan-Hall Marshall Miranda Poku Senior Clampin Smith

I am unclear whether Ben Stevenson is fit to start and if not then Poku to start instead.
Harriott is likely to be missing and so is Chuck.

Play a 4,3,3 formation take the game to Orient and lets look for three more points.
Senior and Smith should be rested they have both gone off the boil and the bench is the best they should aim for at present.

Weather is set to be mild 13 degrees Celsius and light rain with occasional sunny intervals.

The table remains a close affair:

Newport 11 25
Cambridge 11 23
FGR 11 21
Exeter 11 20
Carlisle 11 20
Cheltenham 11 19
Port Vale 10 19
Crawley 11 17
Morecambe 11 17
Salford 10 16
COL U 10 16
Walsall 11 16
Orient 11 15

Enjoy the game.

U’s to prevail 3-1

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:30 - Nov 14 with 677 viewswessex_exile

Poacher's finish, and a second for Brown!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:30 - Nov 14 with 675 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:30 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

I would replace Senior with Cowan-Hall

Folivi just unlucky with a similar effort to Brown

ITMA
Brown

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:41 - Nov 14 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:30 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

ITMA
Brown

Josh Bohui to get his customary 7 mins in place of Folivi

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:44 - Nov 14 with 649 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:41 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

McGrealish timing then!
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:44 - Nov 14 with 649 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:41 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

SB is wrong to replace Brown with Chuck

Totally wrong

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:44 - Nov 14 with 649 viewsthrillseeker

Poor man management taking Brown off
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:46 - Nov 14 with 642 viewsthrillseeker

Oh dear

Can we hold on for 5 minutes?
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:48 - Nov 14 with 638 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:46 - Nov 14 by thrillseeker

Oh dear

Can we hold on for 5 minutes?

Senior off Cowan-Hall on

SB was wrong and it has cost us

We must win this

Come on

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:48 - Nov 14 with 638 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:44 - Nov 14 by thrillseeker

Poor man management taking Brown off

Obviously wanted to stiffen up the defence.. NOT!
2-1 and squeaky bum time...again.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 630 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:48 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

Senior off Cowan-Hall on

SB was wrong and it has cost us

We must win this

Come on

Wrong call daft management.
Typical cautious Colchester of the last five years.
Totally avoidable, got to hang on now. Difficult game next Friday need to go there with the boost of three points.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:51 - Nov 14 with 630 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:48 - Nov 14 by gerry_us

Obviously wanted to stiffen up the defence.. NOT!
2-1 and squeaky bum time...again.

A lesson in concentration

We are putting pressure on ourselves.

Chuck doesn't have the legs to act as a lone striker and doesn't have any pace.

Come on we need this

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:52 - Nov 14 with 626 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:51 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

A lesson in concentration

We are putting pressure on ourselves.

Chuck doesn't have the legs to act as a lone striker and doesn't have any pace.

Come on we need this

2-1

FT

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 17:02 - Nov 14 with 611 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 16:52 - Nov 14 by durham_exile

2-1

FT

Were we to win our game in hand we'd be third!
Felicitations to Southend!!

Moor Pinot

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 17:09 - Nov 14 with 601 viewsbwildered

Getting better a time wasting, with players going down and not putting ball in correct places which the ref pulls back .
Still need to up are pace and game all round . Captain display by Pell today . Some great passes between backs and centre half’s but not finished off . Should have kept clean sheet though. Three points is three points .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 21:44 - Nov 14 with 542 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Can’t believe we lost at home again. Ball out!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 22:45 - Nov 14 with 532 viewsmfb_cufc

It is interesting that we have got more points at home, and less points away, than any team in League 2.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england4

mfb

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 23:18 - Nov 14 with 526 viewsGOSBTS

First iFollow pass I’ve bought this season and I am very glad I did. Really enjoyed the game today.

Brown is imperious. Does he ever put a foot wrong? He’s like a magnetic to the ball, unbelievable first touch at this level and holds the ball up so well to bring others in to play. The second goal was an excellent finish. We are extremely reliant on him, but then again, most great teams have that talisman up top.

Daft goal to give away but we managed the clock well. Great to see Paris back out there. Was comforting that Senior was his frustrating self again today - moments of brilliance and then moments where I wanted to tear my hair out. Reassuringly some things don’t change!

Where was Stevenson today?
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 23:22 - Nov 14 with 526 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 22:45 - Nov 14 by mfb_cufc

It is interesting that we have got more points at home, and less points away, than any team in League 2.

Under normal circumstances it’s always better to get more points in front of your own fans. Wonder if it’s coincidence that we’re performing better at home with no fans there.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 01:02 - Nov 15 with 509 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 23:18 - Nov 14 by GOSBTS

First iFollow pass I’ve bought this season and I am very glad I did. Really enjoyed the game today.

Brown is imperious. Does he ever put a foot wrong? He’s like a magnetic to the ball, unbelievable first touch at this level and holds the ball up so well to bring others in to play. The second goal was an excellent finish. We are extremely reliant on him, but then again, most great teams have that talisman up top.

Daft goal to give away but we managed the clock well. Great to see Paris back out there. Was comforting that Senior was his frustrating self again today - moments of brilliance and then moments where I wanted to tear my hair out. Reassuringly some things don’t change!

Where was Stevenson today?

GOSBTS I too enjoyed the game today.

Sadly Ben Stevenson is injured at present.

Cowan-Hall deserves to play more minutes and so does Bohui.

I liked the partnership of Brown and Folivi. Both pacy and skilful.

Jevani Brown is now repaying the £325K transfer fee. I would like to see him score the winner at the Abbey Stadium in December.

Courtney Senior needs to understand that he doesn't need to beat the entire opposition and he must think about his passing game.

Anyway bring on the Stags next Friday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 07:40 - Nov 15 with 487 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise against the Orient on 22:45 - Nov 14 by mfb_cufc

I am not suprised given who we have played away.

1. Newport ; Lost, league leaders.
2. Carlisle ; Lost, in Play Off positions.
3. Bradford; drew
4. Barrow ; drew
5. Walsall; drew - unbeaten until yesterday.

The issue is about failing to win away. Slightly better fortune might have seen games 3, 4, 5 produce another 6 points. But if we play one up front and are super cautious, this is the inevitable result. We saw the same under Ward (ironically spelt draW backwards).

Win points were increased to three to encourage more exciting adventurous play, but Humes and his cronies have yet to grasp this. Perhaps Folivi and Bohui will make a difference. Senior won't until he learns that it's an eleven man game.

But good result yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024