Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greg Halford for free? 11:23 - Nov 19 with 1098 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Evidently willing to play for nothing until January to prove himself. Experienced and versatile. Might be a decent addition to the squad if we could afford him come January.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Greg Halford for free? on 14:15 - Nov 19 with 1075 viewsburnsieespana

The fact he has not been able to secure a club for sometime rather speaks volumes be as I suspect he is not the Greg Halford we sold.
I suppose he could be a useful addition provided we had a deal agreed in advance to prevent the possibility he only wants to use us as a shop window but somehow I can't see it happening.
Greg Halford for free? on 14:33 - Nov 19 with 1070 viewsdurham_exile

Never thought I would write this but we don't need him. At 35 he perhaps wants to look at a Player/Manager position perhaps at a non league side.

Prefer to think about the class act he was when he played for us all those years ago.

Now a clone of Jevani Brown would do nicely!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Greg Halford for free? on 14:59 - Nov 19 with 1064 viewswessex_exile

Have to agree on this one - much as Greg was a legend for us back in the day, I can't really see how we actually need him at present, and certainly can't afford him.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Greg Halford for free? on 15:28 - Nov 19 with 1057 viewsMoor_Pinot

Greg Halford for free? on 14:33 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Never thought I would write this but we don't need him. At 35 he perhaps wants to look at a Player/Manager position perhaps at a non league side.

Prefer to think about the class act he was when he played for us all those years ago.

Now a clone of Jevani Brown would do nicely!

Up the U's

Must agree with your analysis Durham. We have reasonable midfielders and one of them - Gambin - frequently misses out. Smashing player ten years ago, did us proud but a step four player coach role would be more suitable for the chap now.

Moor Pinot

Greg Halford for free? on 17:50 - Nov 19 with 1039 viewsgerry_us

He might have a real problem finding a team he hasn't been part of before. I really hadn't realised how many moves he had made since he left us. Maybe he should have stayed! In my opinion one of our best players of the recent past.
How many sell on deals can you actually have? 20+? U's could have made a fortune.
He obviously didn't achieve the career pinnacle that many people expected hence his following nomadic existence. Could do a job for us......but only if it's free.
Greg Halford for free? on 18:39 - Nov 19 with 1031 viewsBlue4U2

Teddy Sherringham was 41 when signed for the U's before making 19appearances and scoring 3 goals Think of the impact on the dressing room a seasoned professional like Greg could bring, defence coach, attack coach, long-throw coach!!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:40]
Greg Halford for free? on 19:03 - Nov 19 with 1015 viewsghughes11

Greg Halford for free? on 18:39 - Nov 19 by Blue4U2

Teddy Sherringham was 41 when signed for the U's before making 19appearances and scoring 3 goals Think of the impact on the dressing room a seasoned professional like Greg could bring, defence coach, attack coach, long-throw coach!!

Smashing the ball in from 40 yards versus Sheff Wed? coach!

Any excuse to watch this again :-)

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Greg Halford for free? on 19:11 - Nov 19 with 1014 viewsmedicine_man

Greg Halford for free? on 19:03 - Nov 19 by ghughes11

Good Times. Thx for the memories.
Login to get fewer ads

Greg Halford for free? on 19:28 - Nov 19 with 1011 viewsnoah4x4

Greg Halford for free? on 18:39 - Nov 19 by Blue4U2

I don't see how we could justify signing Greg Halford having terminated the contracts of four fan favourites on budgetary grounds.

Having left Cardiff at the end of 2017-18 season, Greg played only two first team games in 2019 for Aberdeen before being released. Hence, he has not kicked a ball in anger for almost a year during which his agent has no doubt approached multiple clubs. Was once a great player, but it is not the time for being sentimental. Somebody would have signed him if he had anything left in the tank.
Greg Halford for free? on 19:49 - Nov 19 with 1005 viewsbwildered

With Brown being a division leading scorer the other side of Christmas and given out of contract status end of season, the chairman on previous history will be willing to sell to the highest bidder, and Norris only being available every other couple of months, let him train to regain fitness and a pay per play basis if required. Could also play at the back when yellow and red points are getting racked up by others.
Heart reins my head, but what have we got to lose.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Greg Halford for free? on 22:46 - Nov 19 with 975 viewsdurham_exile

Greg Halford for free? on 19:49 - Nov 19 by bwildered

With Brown being a division leading scorer the other side of Christmas and given out of contract status end of season, the chairman on previous history will be willing to sell to the highest bidder, and Norris only being available every other couple of months, let him train to regain fitness and a pay per play basis if required. Could also play at the back when yellow and red points are getting racked up by others.
Heart reins my head, but what have we got to lose.

Promotion this season will undoubtedly change the narrative. Jevani Brown must be retained for league one football.

Yes we have always been a selling club but there would be no point in getting back to league one where realistically we should be if we simply sell our best assets.

Noone will be happier than me if Jevani manages 25 goals this season. A top scorer for Colchester is long overdue. Note to SB when JB is sitting on a brace don't take him off when a hattrick was once again calling. Also make sure his strike partner Folivi plays the full 90 too.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Greg Halford for free? on 18:57 - Nov 20 with 902 viewsBlue4U2

Greg Halford for free? on 19:03 - Nov 19 by ghughes11

Thanks for that Hughes I watched that over and over if only for the crowd noise especially in these weird times!!!
Greg Halford for free? on 21:57 - Nov 20 with 887 viewswessex_exile

Greg Halford for free? on 18:57 - Nov 20 by Blue4U2

Thanks for that Hughes I watched that over and over if only for the crowd noise especially in these weird times!!!

It is magnificent isn't it! Cheers GHughes :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Greg Halford for free? on 14:48 - Dec 16 with 801 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Signed for Southend, comes off the bench and scores. Could be a really good signing for them. Plus if he doesn't want to be paid he's at the right club!

Greg Halford for free? on 16:51 - Dec 16 with 780 viewsgerry_us

Can't help thinking it is a stone cold certainty that he will score on Boxing Day.

I still believe we missed the opportunity to get him to return to the U's. He would have instilled a lot of experience in the midfield....and for free!
Greg Halford for free? on 17:27 - Dec 16 with 775 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nice little story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55333833

Greg Halford for free? on 17:29 - Dec 16 with 774 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Greg Halford for free? on 16:51 - Dec 16 by gerry_us

Can't help thinking it is a stone cold certainty that he will score on Boxing Day.

I still believe we missed the opportunity to get him to return to the U's. He would have instilled a lot of experience in the midfield....and for free!

I don't think you're alone in that thought.

I figured that perhaps he could do a job in a young and relatively inexperienced side especially given the volume of fixtures. Plus Col U must have a big place in his heart so you would've thought he would've jumped at the opportunity. Players returning doesn't always go well but there are definitely a few success stories out there.

Greg Halford for free? on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 734 viewsthrillseeker

Greg Halford for free? on 17:29 - Dec 16 by RSCOSWORTH

I don't think you're alone in that thought.

I figured that perhaps he could do a job in a young and relatively inexperienced side especially given the volume of fixtures. Plus Col U must have a big place in his heart so you would've thought he would've jumped at the opportunity. Players returning doesn't always go well but there are definitely a few success stories out there.

A definite missed opportunity for one months free play.

You just know he will score Boxing Day although I hope I am wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024