Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC fake footie news 08:25 - Jan 27 with 738 viewsnoah4x4

Did anybody else spot the blunder on BBC TV local news at 7.32am this morning?

It reported in a caption (and verbally) last night's result as Cambridge United 2 -1 Salford (which was a previous result from 3rd November). Then 7 minutes later, I noticed a report on the BBC website that correctly confirmed last night's outcome was Salford P - P Cambrdge due to a frozen pitch with Gary Neville agreeing to refund Cambridge travel expenses. Rubbing my eyes, I re-wound my Sky Box back to confirm that it had been misreported on TV. Yes, alongside Stevenage 0 - 0 Colchester and the Southend defeat to Bradford was the incorrect Salford/Cambridge outcome

I bet there is a bit of confusion in the bookies!

Good job it wasn't a Happy League Fixture!

EDIT
In the 8.32 local broadcast no mention of any Football results.

Wonder if we can keep this thread alive with folk reporting other like blunders.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 8:36]
BBC fake footie news on 09:11 - Jan 27 with 712 viewsgerry_us

What's 7.32am Noah?
BBC fake footie news on 12:39 - Jan 27 with 687 viewswessex_exile

BBC fake footie news on 09:11 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

What's 7.32am Noah?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

BBC fake footie news on 12:52 - Jan 27 with 685 viewsLeadbelly

BBC fake footie news on 09:11 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

What's 7.32am Noah?

A decent lie in

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

BBC fake footie news on 13:27 - Jan 27 with 677 viewsnoah4x4

BBC fake footie news on 12:52 - Jan 27 by Leadbelly

A decent lie in

Think we are witnessing the North/South/South West commuter divide here Lead.

Before my retirement, I would be well past half way to London by 07:30 and never home until 19:00. Whilst I could now "lie in" all day, I still wake around 05:30, even if I don't go to bed until midnight. Maybe I should turn my alarm off .....
BBC fake footie news on 15:15 - Jan 27 with 665 viewsbwildered

If it is below Nodge level, bound to be flakey at best.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

BBC fake footie news on 15:44 - Jan 27 with 656 viewsLeadbelly

BBC fake footie news on 13:27 - Jan 27 by noah4x4

Think we are witnessing the North/South/South West commuter divide here Lead.

Before my retirement, I would be well past half way to London by 07:30 and never home until 19:00. Whilst I could now "lie in" all day, I still wake around 05:30, even if I don't go to bed until midnight. Maybe I should turn my alarm off .....

Noah,

I think you are on to something there.

After 10 months of barely commuting my body clock remains unchanged which is very frustrating. I have the chance of a lie in everyday and can't do it! 06.30 is about as late as I can manage.

As an aside, for anyone thinking of travelling into London by train this week I would advise against it. Major works on a damaged embankment at Ingatestone mean it's one line only in that area. This means delays and cancellations are rife in what is already a much reduced timetable. Awful this morning and looks like it will be as bad going home tonight.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

BBC fake footie news on 18:47 - Jan 27 with 635 viewsnoah4x4

True Leadbelly. It has been eight years since I stopped daily commuting and my body clock remains such that I can't sleep overnight beyond six hours, and I still nod off during the hours of my past commute home (I frequently woke up in Ipswich!).

What folk also don't realise is that a Colchester to London standard class season ticket to Underground zone 1 destinations now exceeds £6,000. As that payment comes out of net income one needs an increase in gross taxable income of over £8,500 when compared to those that can put on their bike clips.

Yes, there is a North compared to London divide regarding pay, but after 30 years of commuting into London from every compass direction, frankly, I regret wasting so much of my life on trains/tubes (typically, three hours per day). The fact that my body clock remains disturbed after eight years of retirement is just one legacy. The inability to shed the consequences of thirty years of liquid business lunches is another. But that was enjoyable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024