Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cost of Failure. 10:15 - Feb 5 with 535 viewsbwildered

The Times .
Europe's biggest teams will be given a safety net to play in the Champions League even if they fail to finish in the top four of their domestic competitions under Uefa plans revealed to Premier League clubs.

Looks like PL clubs will be rewarded for the cost of failure in winning their own domestic leagues. Perhaps reinvent the wheel and have a European Cup competition and also another for ONLY the Champions of each country.
Where ever the line is drawn in European games, the cup competitions and matches against bigger sides with the chance to gain much needed money are looking ever further apart.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 16:36]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Cost of Failure. on 17:51 - Feb 5 with 492 viewsFruitbat

The day they all pi$$ off and form their Super League can't come too soon. Then they can leave the rest of us alone to enjoy our football.

I don't watch the Champions League, haven't done for years as it doesn't interest me. It's entirely rigged in favour of the "big" sides and you can generally name the semi-finalists before the first round draw. The European Cup used to be a great competition and better than any geography lesson I had at school. I loved that Steaua Bucharest and Red Star could win it and that sides like St Etienne and Malmo could get to the final but on the current set up it'll always be the same half a dozen sides.

Put it back how it was, league champions only straight knockout and I might be interested again.
The Cost of Failure. on 18:17 - Feb 5 with 485 viewsLeadbelly

The Cost of Failure. on 17:51 - Feb 5 by Fruitbat

The day they all pi$$ off and form their Super League can't come too soon. Then they can leave the rest of us alone to enjoy our football.

I don't watch the Champions League, haven't done for years as it doesn't interest me. It's entirely rigged in favour of the "big" sides and you can generally name the semi-finalists before the first round draw. The European Cup used to be a great competition and better than any geography lesson I had at school. I loved that Steaua Bucharest and Red Star could win it and that sides like St Etienne and Malmo could get to the final but on the current set up it'll always be the same half a dozen sides.

Put it back how it was, league champions only straight knockout and I might be interested again.

Second that.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The Cost of Failure. on 18:01 - Feb 7 with 432 viewsbwildered

Now I know the PL is a league of fantasy. Just seen Melchester Rovers game away at Spurs. Alas Roy of the Rovers men seemed doomed for relegation after losing two nil to a Spurs side which included a return from injury of England Captain Harry Kane. Never mind some parachute money will get the Rovers a swift return of PL football to Mel Park .

Remember the U’s playing in the famous red/ yellow has a away kit in the 80’s.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024