Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nerve-wracking! 12:56 - Feb 25 with 1079 viewspwrightsknees

What's more nerve-wracking - watching the U's or watching the England batsmen in India?
Nerve-wracking! on 13:01 - Feb 25 with 1074 viewsburnsieespana

I am at the stage I cannot watch either!
Nerve-wracking! on 13:32 - Feb 25 with 1066 viewsgerry_us

Nerve-wracking! on 13:01 - Feb 25 by burnsieespana

I am at the stage I cannot watch either!

We could win both games...
Nerve-wracking! on 13:37 - Feb 25 with 1062 viewsFruitbat

If this was a County Championship game the pitch inspectors would be having a field day. That said, England's batting has been every bit as sub-standard.
Nerve-wracking! on 13:51 - Feb 25 with 1056 viewsLeadbelly

Nerve-wracking! on 13:37 - Feb 25 by Fruitbat

If this was a County Championship game the pitch inspectors would be having a field day. That said, England's batting has been every bit as sub-standard.

Dreadful pitch but agreed, our batting has been poor. And why pick three seamers on a pitch turning sideways?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Nerve-wracking! on 14:38 - Feb 25 with 1044 viewsLeadbelly

All over inside two days with a total of 387 runs scored in four innings. Not a pitch fit for a test match.

Nerve-wracking! on 14:51 - Feb 25 with 1043 viewsthrillseeker

Nerve-wracking! on 14:38 - Feb 25 by Leadbelly

All over inside two days with a total of 387 runs scored in four innings. Not a pitch fit for a test match.

Same for both teams.

India scored 48 with no loss of wicket so batting is possible.

The result makes a mockery of the 5 day game - over in 1.5 days

I'm not a cricket fan
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 14:52]
Nerve-wracking! on 15:19 - Feb 25 with 1032 viewsbwildered

Quickest test match since 1935, bet the sponsors will be happy with game finishing three days spare.
Bess dropped after bowling to many four ballers, and Ali returning home, restricted selection . Day / nighter with pink ball, and nobody being able to read wicket before ball is bowled. Remember England won toss and 70 -2, but many got out before getting in , with DRS making batting harder that the previous techniques allowed , using bat rather than pads. Could have not played Broad and Anderson but squeezed Verdi or Parkinson still would have been a big bet .

Watching U’s is more cringeworthy at present .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 15:21]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Nerve-wracking! on 15:44 - Feb 25 with 1020 viewsdurham_exile

Nerve-wracking! on 15:19 - Feb 25 by bwildered

Quickest test match since 1935, bet the sponsors will be happy with game finishing three days spare.
Bess dropped after bowling to many four ballers, and Ali returning home, restricted selection . Day / nighter with pink ball, and nobody being able to read wicket before ball is bowled. Remember England won toss and 70 -2, but many got out before getting in , with DRS making batting harder that the previous techniques allowed , using bat rather than pads. Could have not played Broad and Anderson but squeezed Verdi or Parkinson still would have been a big bet .

Watching U’s is more cringeworthy at present .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 15:21]

It all changes this weekend with the arrival of Wayno

Fortune favours the brave.

4,3,3 formation

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Nerve-wracking! on 16:24 - Feb 25 with 1010 viewsLeadbelly

Nerve-wracking! on 15:44 - Feb 25 by durham_exile

It all changes this weekend with the arrival of Wayno

Fortune favours the brave.

4,3,3 formation

Up the U's

What does he bowl?

Nerve-wracking! on 17:25 - Feb 25 with 995 viewsdurham_exile

Nerve-wracking! on 16:24 - Feb 25 by Leadbelly

What does he bowl?

I don't care as long as he gets us 20 more points this season!

I would imagine that he would be a slow left arm bowler, without being unkind his physique doesn't lend itself to that of a fast bowler.

I must say that having watched the Colchester games and watched the England humiliation today I'm sure that we are all in need of a lift.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Nerve-wracking! on 18:00 - Feb 25 with 988 viewsburnsieespana

It was an exceedingly poor pitch but our batting was very poor so yes Durham we as Colchester United and England cricket supporters do need a lift and hopefuly Wayne Brown is the man but oh boy he has a task ahead these coming weeks!
Nerve-wracking! on 18:25 - Feb 25 with 986 viewsthrillseeker

Nerve-wracking! on 18:00 - Feb 25 by burnsieespana

It was an exceedingly poor pitch but our batting was very poor so yes Durham we as Colchester United and England cricket supporters do need a lift and hopefuly Wayne Brown is the man but oh boy he has a task ahead these coming weeks!

If the Weed can beat FGR I expect nothing less
Nerve-wracking! on 19:22 - Feb 25 with 973 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon Wayne Brown would be a slogger with a cricket bat, but this thread has reminded me of time when I had a close association with a football manager of fine repute through cricket..,

For a couple of seasons I regularly played cricket in North Somerset with Bobby Gould (Coventry, Arsenal, Wolves, WBA, Bristol City, West Ham, then various managerial posts). His elder son Jonathan (ex Celtic ) is now goalkeeping coach at Preston. His younger son, Richard is the current CEO of Surrey County Cricket Club. A fine all round sporting family and then a great asset to Gordano Valley CC. Bobby’s footie job with the Wales International Team meant paying a lot of Severn Crossing tolls. But he always returned home to England.

Bobby was a fine opening bat with a touch of David Gower about him. I kept wicket despite goalkeeper Jonathan having the bucket hands. Bobby (nearly always in the slips) would keep me entertained and the batsman on his toes. He knew exactly how to motivate and offer leadership and had a personality and an infectious aura that inspired excellence. It was no wonder that he achieved so much as a player and later had such great success at Wimbledon FC with its Crazy Gang.

Let’s hope Wayne Brown can weave some similar magic without our crazy gang. Sadly, Bobby has retired from football management.....
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 19:24]
Nerve-wracking! on 19:47 - Feb 25 with 956 viewsMadeira163

Nerve-wracking! on 19:22 - Feb 25 by noah4x4

I reckon Wayne Brown would be a slogger with a cricket bat, but this thread has reminded me of time when I had a close association with a football manager of fine repute through cricket..,

For a couple of seasons I regularly played cricket in North Somerset with Bobby Gould (Coventry, Arsenal, Wolves, WBA, Bristol City, West Ham, then various managerial posts). His elder son Jonathan (ex Celtic ) is now goalkeeping coach at Preston. His younger son, Richard is the current CEO of Surrey County Cricket Club. A fine all round sporting family and then a great asset to Gordano Valley CC. Bobby’s footie job with the Wales International Team meant paying a lot of Severn Crossing tolls. But he always returned home to England.

Bobby was a fine opening bat with a touch of David Gower about him. I kept wicket despite goalkeeper Jonathan having the bucket hands. Bobby (nearly always in the slips) would keep me entertained and the batsman on his toes. He knew exactly how to motivate and offer leadership and had a personality and an infectious aura that inspired excellence. It was no wonder that he achieved so much as a player and later had such great success at Wimbledon FC with its Crazy Gang.

Let’s hope Wayne Brown can weave some similar magic without our crazy gang. Sadly, Bobby has retired from football management.....
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 19:24]

To be fair , I’ve just texted my boss, I’ve told him I’m changing my rota to mon to fri 9/5 but like England cricket team, I’ll only work 2/5 days !!!!!!!
Nerve-wracking! on 20:04 - Feb 25 with 950 viewsbwildered

England to open with Frasier and Niles tomorrow .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Nerve-wracking! on 08:17 - Mar 6 with 851 viewsnoah4x4

England 65-6. What a shambles to start today. Only watching because Dan Lawrence and Ben Foakes (both originally Essex boys) are about to show the clowns in the top order how to bat.

I won't suggest there are similarities between Chelmsford and India but practicing with Simon Harmer must help. Bess has been embarrassing and England bowling selection bizarre. Let's hope better fortune for the U's later to brighten our day.
Nerve-wracking! on 09:10 - Mar 6 with 838 viewsFruitbat

Shambles. England started to believe the hype after the first test when I reckon India were a bit complacent after beating Australia. As soon as India got themselves together England have been found out. Last game the pitch was poor but the batting was worse, this time there doesn't look much wrong with the pitch.I

Bairstow is finished as a test match batter. Bess looks like he needs to go and learn how to bowl all over again. Wonder if he'll be hampered by not playing at Taunton every other week?
Nerve-wracking! on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 818 viewspwrightsknees

Look on the bright side. I haven't got to get up in the wee small hours tomorrow morning to watch even more humiliation!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024