Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orient head coach sacked 23:21 - Feb 27 with 1195 viewsBlue4U2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56225981
According to the BBC Embleton was only a Head coach so does that mean Orient have the same setup as U's ?
Also they are heading for mid-table obscurity currently in 14th place
Makes a mockery of how long it took to remove Ball!?
Orient head coach sacked on 18:23 - Feb 28 with 1119 viewsburnsieespana

Maybe the mockery is how short a time coaches and Managers get!
See Lambert has said if IT get taken over 99% sure he will be sacked even if top of the league.
Football has become a madhouse this last 20 year's.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:45]
Orient head coach sacked on 21:39 - Feb 28 with 1094 viewsFruitbat

They've also appointed an "interim" head coach. Must be the new in vogue word.

In other news, Lambert has left Ipswich. Shame as I thought he was doing a great job.
Orient head coach sacked on 21:53 - Feb 28 with 1090 viewsLeadbelly

Orient head coach sacked on 21:39 - Feb 28 by Fruitbat

They've also appointed an "interim" head coach. Must be the new in vogue word.

In other news, Lambert has left Ipswich. Shame as I thought he was doing a great job.

I can hear the celebrations in Ipswich from Lawford.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Orient head coach sacked on 15:30 - Mar 1 with 1031 viewsmfb_cufc

Lambert sacked by Ipswich. Thought I would add it to this thread as that a**ehole doesn't deserve his own thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55820450

mfb

Orient head coach sacked on 17:14 - Mar 1 with 1014 viewsbwildered

A sudden difference of opinion sees the parting of the owner and the manager with a take over brewing in the background with likelihood of him being replaced . The timing is impeccable and the convenience with a vacancy north of the border interesting .
The new boss Cook ( ? ) is a big mate of unemployed McG !
All pure conjecture you understand or a furtive imagination.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Orient head coach sacked on 18:56 - Mar 1 with 993 viewsgerry_us

Even the fact that Lambert is involved it's sad that an owner can remove a manager because their ideas do not match. Surely the manager is appointed for his experience and surely has much more experience of running the team than the owner; if not why would the owner appoint a manager; he could do the job and save a lot of money.
We've had player/managers in the past so can we now look forward to an owner/manager in the future.
Watch out Wayne...
Orient head coach sacked on 19:19 - Mar 1 with 988 viewsLeadbelly

Orient head coach sacked on 18:56 - Mar 1 by gerry_us

Even the fact that Lambert is involved it's sad that an owner can remove a manager because their ideas do not match. Surely the manager is appointed for his experience and surely has much more experience of running the team than the owner; if not why would the owner appoint a manager; he could do the job and save a lot of money.
We've had player/managers in the past so can we now look forward to an owner/manager in the future.
Watch out Wayne...

I wouldn’t read too much, if anything, into statements made as to the reasons for Lambert’s departure. He has been at loggerheads with the local press, fans and fan’s groups for quite some time and has been critical on a number of occasions of the entire set up at Ipswich. What he hasn’t done is accept any responsibility for the abject performances on the pitch. A parting of the ways has been on the cards for a while and the alleged imminent takeover, with new owners having Paul Cook as their manager of choice, probably sealed the departure by “mutual consent”. He probably also fancies the Celtic job as, in his own words, he’s managed big clubs before.

Orient head coach sacked on 21:37 - Mar 1 with 956 viewswessex_exile

Orient head coach sacked on 19:19 - Mar 1 by Leadbelly

I wouldn’t read too much, if anything, into statements made as to the reasons for Lambert’s departure. He has been at loggerheads with the local press, fans and fan’s groups for quite some time and has been critical on a number of occasions of the entire set up at Ipswich. What he hasn’t done is accept any responsibility for the abject performances on the pitch. A parting of the ways has been on the cards for a while and the alleged imminent takeover, with new owners having Paul Cook as their manager of choice, probably sealed the departure by “mutual consent”. He probably also fancies the Celtic job as, in his own words, he’s managed big clubs before.

That's very kind of him - for someone who'd probably come somewhere south of Mick "Bigger B'stard then Mick Wadsworth" Wadsworth in a U's poll, Lamberk has been surprisingly gracious.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Login to get fewer ads

Orient head coach sacked on 22:28 - Mar 1 with 951 viewsLeadbelly

Orient head coach sacked on 21:37 - Mar 1 by wessex_exile

That's very kind of him - for someone who'd probably come somewhere south of Mick "Bigger B'stard then Mick Wadsworth" Wadsworth in a U's poll, Lamberk has been surprisingly gracious.

Don’t think he’ll be troubling Sir Alf or Sir Bobby in any polls amongst Ipswich fans either.

Orient head coach sacked on 12:20 - Mar 2 with 909 viewsTheOldOakTree

Orient head coach sacked on 18:56 - Mar 1 by gerry_us

Watch out Wayne...

I'm not sure but wasn't Barry Fry an owner/manager?

Sacking someone because their ideas don't match covers quite a large spectrum.

If it was ideas of what tactics or formation to play then I agree, that's a dodgy reason.

However, if the manager has the idea that it's everyone else's fault because he's managed big teams and he's god's gift, but the owner has the idea that the manager is a useless gobshite?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 12:21]
Orient head coach sacked on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 887 viewsLeadbelly

Orient head coach sacked on 12:20 - Mar 2 by TheOldOakTree

I'm not sure but wasn't Barry Fry an owner/manager?

Sacking someone because their ideas don't match covers quite a large spectrum.

If it was ideas of what tactics or formation to play then I agree, that's a dodgy reason.

However, if the manager has the idea that it's everyone else's fault because he's managed big teams and he's god's gift, but the owner has the idea that the manager is a useless gobshite?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 12:21]

Lambert also banned certain members of the local media from press conferences. Have a look at TWTD forum for more entertaining details.

It comes to something when the EADT, which has always been rabidly pro Ipswich Town, starts calling for the manager's head.

Orient head coach sacked on 14:27 - Mar 2 with 878 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow, Lambert not the Orient guy. It's laughable if he thinks he's in the running for the Celtic job. His managerial record is patchy at best. Paul Cook has taken over at Ipswich, can see him doing a decent job there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56253661

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024