Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's 11:23 - Mar 27 with 1526 viewsdurham_exile

WB is beginning to influence the U’s performances, more attacking intent, a more settled side and valuable points. Tranmere Rovers were a good side, and we did well to secure a point regardless of the fact that we had been 2-0 up.

It is clear to see why Charlton have a buy back clause in Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu’s contract. He is a powerful box to box midfielder and once he gets his shooting boots on will score some more valuable goals.

The other player who played well and merits a mention was Courtney Senior. Now I have long been critical of his work rate, failure to track back, weak challenges and appalling shooting. But on Tuesday he got forward and put in three decent crosses which should have yielded more. He deserves his place today against the Bantams.

Big Frank, though still a legend in my book seems out of sorts at present. He was largely anonymous. I would like to see Michael Folivi or Paris Cowan-Hall get a start today.

WB mentioned that he had a difficult decision to make when dropping George and restoring Gerken to the line-up. Gerken did make a superb save to deny a certain goal and on balance will start today against Bradford City.

The point was valuable and today we really need to press home advantage against a Bantams side that has not won for 5 games. Mark Trueman has transformed the Yorkshire outfit, but they are going through a difficult spell at present.

They do have Charles Vernam in their ranks (the hattrick villain from Grimsby last season at the JSCS. I reckon though we should see them off 2-1.

News about our International starlets. Ainsley played for Guyana against Trinidad and Tobago, but they lost 3-0. Matt Briggs also lined up with Ainsley. Kwame Poku however received some incredible criticism from the Ghanaian Media (unfairly) and in the end he did not play against South Africa, but he could feature for the first team this weekend. Ghana have qualified for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations so expect the youngster to get some valuable first team action for the Black Stars in due course.

Table:

Port Vale 37 41
Walsall 36 40 -7
COL U 37 39 -16
Barrow 35 38 -3
Southend 37 32 -28
Grimsby 36 31 -27

Remaining Fixtures:

Bradford H
Bolton A
Barrow H
Oldham A
Walsall H
Southend H
Cheltenham A
Salford H
Tranmere A

Now opinion is divided over the number of points needed to be safe. As far as I am concerned it is all about 53 points. If we secure that total, then relegation is dead in the water. Forget about 47 or 48 we must get as many points as possible if we are to go to Tranmere on the last day free of the threat of relegation.

Whatever happened Southend must be put to the sword on Tuesday 20 April. Nothing else will suffice for the faithful. We also owe them, and the players owe us for such a shocking performance at Roots Hall.

So, let us go with the following side today:

Gerken

Tchamadeu Eastman Smith Clampin

Stevenson Wiredu Pell

Senior Brown Folivi

Subs:

George Welch-Hayes Doherty Oteh Cowan-Hall Chilvers Nouble

Weather today in Colchester cloudy, some sunshine 9 degrees C and continuing dry.
Woke up to a covering of snow in Durham this morning. Now gone but cold and dry and sunny here.

Enjoy the game.

The U’s to prevail 2-1 and therefore give us 42 points. That would leave 9 more points needed from 8 games.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 12:28 - Mar 27 with 899 viewspwrightsknees

Super thanks for the usual excellent preview Durham. Let's just hope that we U's fans aren't left spitting feathers!
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 868 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 12:28 - Mar 27 by pwrightsknees

Super thanks for the usual excellent preview Durham. Let's just hope that we U's fans aren't left spitting feathers!

PWK just picking over the bones!

Team

Gerken

Tchamadeu Eastman Smith Clampin

Wiredu Pell Stevenson

Senior Brown Nouble

George Welch-Hayes Doherty Cowan-Hall Chilvers folivi Lapslie

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:18 - Mar 27 with 865 viewswessex_exile

You're right about the Southend game, in a run of massive games, that's the most significant without doubt. Great preview as ever Durham - funny how we started the season with a solid 0-0 at Valley Parade, believing that was a good point against fellow promotion contenders.

Well, when I say funny, I do of course mean tragic...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:34 - Mar 27 with 855 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:18 - Mar 27 by wessex_exile

You're right about the Southend game, in a run of massive games, that's the most significant without doubt. Great preview as ever Durham - funny how we started the season with a solid 0-0 at Valley Parade, believing that was a good point against fellow promotion contenders.

Well, when I say funny, I do of course mean tragic...

Wessex that Valley Parade game seems such a long time ago now.

I really hope we can win today. It would be such a vital win.

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:49 - Mar 27 with 850 viewsnoah4x4

No Oteh in squad?

Has he returned to his host club?
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:55 - Mar 27 with 846 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:49 - Mar 27 by noah4x4

No Oteh in squad?

Has he returned to his host club?

Noah I don't know but sadly he is not as good as Folivi or Cowan-Hall.

I feel a home win is on the cards today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:57 - Mar 27 with 843 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:55 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Noah I don't know but sadly he is not as good as Folivi or Cowan-Hall.

I feel a home win is on the cards today.

Up the U's

Pitch still looks a bit sparse but it is dry.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:03 - Mar 27 with 836 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 14:57 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Pitch still looks a bit sparse but it is dry.

Up the U's

The great Bill Shankly once said if you get the ball in the penalty area put it in the back of the net and we will argue about it later.

Wiredu didn't get the memo.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:09 - Mar 27 with 827 viewsgerry_us

Good to see a decent referee today, Graham Salisbury.

That's the kiss of death
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:10 - Mar 27 with 826 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:09 - Mar 27 by gerry_us

Good to see a decent referee today, Graham Salisbury.

That's the kiss of death

Oh dear

Lots to do

Grimsby winning as well

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:13 - Mar 27 with 821 viewsFruitbat

That's been coming pretty much since kick off. We haven't turned up yet.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 15:13]
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:28 - Mar 27 with 796 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:13 - Mar 27 by Fruitbat

That's been coming pretty much since kick off. We haven't turned up yet.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 15:13]

We've had two good chances Wiredu and Brown.
Equaliser coming.

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:40 - Mar 27 with 789 viewsthrillseeker

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:28 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

We've had two good chances Wiredu and Brown.
Equaliser coming.

Talk to me about the miss by Pell
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:42 - Mar 27 with 785 viewsnoah4x4

I think we have been the better side, and deserve to go level
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:42 - Mar 27 with 785 viewsthrillseeker

How many minutes/ seconds behind is ifollow.

The OMB told me we had equalized yet the free kick had not been taken
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:42 - Mar 27 with 785 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:40 - Mar 27 by thrillseeker

Talk to me about the miss by Pell

1-1 Big Frank

It should be 4-1 to the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:47 - Mar 27 with 781 viewsFruitbat

Better. And now Walsall have equalised against Grimsby.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:49 - Mar 27 with 779 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:47 - Mar 27 by Fruitbat

Better. And now Walsall have equalised against Grimsby.

Come on Harrogate

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 15:56 - Mar 27 with 764 viewsthrillseeker

We can definitely win this
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:00 - Mar 27 with 758 viewsthrillseeker

Good to see Bristol Rovers in relegation spot as that is one of the few grounds I still have to do for my 92.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:13 - Mar 27 with 749 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:00 - Mar 27 by thrillseeker

Good to see Bristol Rovers in relegation spot as that is one of the few grounds I still have to do for my 92.

Better that than Dagenham and Redbridge.

We should win this game.

Cook is a dirty individual and should have been sent off for two yellow cards.

Doherty on for Clampin

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:16 - Mar 27 with 745 viewsFruitbat

Oh dear.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:17 - Mar 27 with 744 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:13 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Better that than Dagenham and Redbridge.

We should win this game.

Cook is a dirty individual and should have been sent off for two yellow cards.

Doherty on for Clampin

1-2 and the fouler Cook scores

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:18 - Mar 27 with 741 viewsgerry_us

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:17 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

1-2 and the fouler Cook scores

Did Gerken actually make any effort?
Looked saveable to me.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:23 - Mar 27 with 731 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:18 - Mar 27 by gerry_us

Did Gerken actually make any effort?
Looked saveable to me.

Not sure just an inevitability about it.

We must get something from this game.

Lapslie on for Stevenson.

Folivi must come on and we must go two up front!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024