Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's 11:23 - Mar 27 with 1512 viewsdurham_exile

WB is beginning to influence the U’s performances, more attacking intent, a more settled side and valuable points. Tranmere Rovers were a good side, and we did well to secure a point regardless of the fact that we had been 2-0 up.

It is clear to see why Charlton have a buy back clause in Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu’s contract. He is a powerful box to box midfielder and once he gets his shooting boots on will score some more valuable goals.

The other player who played well and merits a mention was Courtney Senior. Now I have long been critical of his work rate, failure to track back, weak challenges and appalling shooting. But on Tuesday he got forward and put in three decent crosses which should have yielded more. He deserves his place today against the Bantams.

Big Frank, though still a legend in my book seems out of sorts at present. He was largely anonymous. I would like to see Michael Folivi or Paris Cowan-Hall get a start today.

WB mentioned that he had a difficult decision to make when dropping George and restoring Gerken to the line-up. Gerken did make a superb save to deny a certain goal and on balance will start today against Bradford City.

The point was valuable and today we really need to press home advantage against a Bantams side that has not won for 5 games. Mark Trueman has transformed the Yorkshire outfit, but they are going through a difficult spell at present.

They do have Charles Vernam in their ranks (the hattrick villain from Grimsby last season at the JSCS. I reckon though we should see them off 2-1.

News about our International starlets. Ainsley played for Guyana against Trinidad and Tobago, but they lost 3-0. Matt Briggs also lined up with Ainsley. Kwame Poku however received some incredible criticism from the Ghanaian Media (unfairly) and in the end he did not play against South Africa, but he could feature for the first team this weekend. Ghana have qualified for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations so expect the youngster to get some valuable first team action for the Black Stars in due course.

Table:

Port Vale 37 41
Walsall 36 40 -7
COL U 37 39 -16
Barrow 35 38 -3
Southend 37 32 -28
Grimsby 36 31 -27

Remaining Fixtures:

Bradford H
Bolton A
Barrow H
Oldham A
Walsall H
Southend H
Cheltenham A
Salford H
Tranmere A

Now opinion is divided over the number of points needed to be safe. As far as I am concerned it is all about 53 points. If we secure that total, then relegation is dead in the water. Forget about 47 or 48 we must get as many points as possible if we are to go to Tranmere on the last day free of the threat of relegation.

Whatever happened Southend must be put to the sword on Tuesday 20 April. Nothing else will suffice for the faithful. We also owe them, and the players owe us for such a shocking performance at Roots Hall.

So, let us go with the following side today:

Gerken

Tchamadeu Eastman Smith Clampin

Stevenson Wiredu Pell

Senior Brown Folivi

Subs:

George Welch-Hayes Doherty Oteh Cowan-Hall Chilvers Nouble

Weather today in Colchester cloudy, some sunshine 9 degrees C and continuing dry.
Woke up to a covering of snow in Durham this morning. Now gone but cold and dry and sunny here.

Enjoy the game.

The U’s to prevail 2-1 and therefore give us 42 points. That would leave 9 more points needed from 8 games.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:30 - Mar 27 with 596 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:23 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Not sure just an inevitability about it.

We must get something from this game.

Lapslie on for Stevenson.

Folivi must come on and we must go two up front!

Pell just needs to hit the target

We must get a point at least

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:31 - Mar 27 with 589 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:30 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Pell just needs to hit the target

We must get a point at least

Even worse Scummend are winning

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:32 - Mar 27 with 589 viewsFruitbat

And now Southend are winning. 3 points from a place in the bottom two.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:33 - Mar 27 with 586 viewsFruitbat

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:32 - Mar 27 by Fruitbat

And now Southend are winning. 3 points from a place in the bottom two.

My mistake, can't count. 4 points.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:41 - Mar 27 with 575 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:33 - Mar 27 by Fruitbat

My mistake, can't count. 4 points.

Seriously we must get something today.

It's almost as if they have decided that relegation is inevitable.

This is so depressing

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 565 viewsthrillseeker

Once again we've had enough chances but we are so wasteful
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:50 - Mar 27 with 554 viewsgerry_us

Luke Norris has just done us a favour.
Barrow 1-2 down to Norris's penalty.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:51 - Mar 27 with 552 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:44 - Mar 27 by thrillseeker

Once again we've had enough chances but we are so wasteful

Symptoms I'm afraid. When teams are in decline it is composure that is the hardest thing to regain. Ours has been slipping away for the last six or seven seasons. There has rarely been evidence of any grit in our performance - like it doesn't seem to matter much.
It is all rather a drag and Mr Cowling's last piece seems to hint at preparing us all for the drop into non league again.

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:56 - Mar 27 with 539 viewsdurham_exile

Well that's it another defeat

Relegation is on the cards based on this performance.

Scummend win
Grimsby draw
Barrow lose

We now have to get something at in form Bolton.

Signing off tonight.

This is shocking

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 513 viewsgerry_us

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 16:56 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Well that's it another defeat

Relegation is on the cards based on this performance.

Scummend win
Grimsby draw
Barrow lose

We now have to get something at in form Bolton.

Signing off tonight.

This is shocking

Exciting innit?
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 513 viewsthrillseeker

Looking forward to the Wayne Brown's BBC Essex interview

Let me guess

We will take the positives of which there were many

I thought we played well and did not deserve defeat

I am the man for the job
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:15 - Mar 27 with 504 viewsbwildered

Lost the ball TWICE , on edge of our own area. Can’t help ourselves .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:34 - Mar 27 with 487 viewsnoah4x4

Our forwards couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards. Letting Robinson and Norris depart has been disastrous. Brown clearly isn’t a striker. Pell terribly wasteful. Cue training ground and failed academy being sold for housing.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:57 - Mar 27 with 470 viewsthrillseeker

The Brown interview on BBC Essex was appalling. He is stuck on repeat.

Brown thought we were the better team and did not deserve defeat

He must watch a complete different game to me
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:58 - Mar 27 with 469 viewspwrightsknees

Both as individuals and as a group of players, they have lost all confidence, not only in themselves, but in teammates. That's where man-management becomes so important.
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 18:05 - Mar 27 with 463 viewsBFG

Bolton away next
Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 18:16 - Mar 27 with 453 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 17:58 - Mar 27 by pwrightsknees

Both as individuals and as a group of players, they have lost all confidence, not only in themselves, but in teammates. That's where man-management becomes so important.

And sadly I'm spitting feathers tonight.

8 games to play
Bolton L
Barrow W
Oldham D
Walsall W
Southend W
Cheltenham L
Salford D
Tranmere L

3 wins 2 draws 3 defeats

Enough to survive

But can we win three more times.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 18:43 - Mar 27 with 438 viewsLeadbelly

Bantams to be consumed by voracious U's on 18:16 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

And sadly I'm spitting feathers tonight.

8 games to play
Bolton L
Barrow W
Oldham D
Walsall W
Southend W
Cheltenham L
Salford D
Tranmere L

3 wins 2 draws 3 defeats

Enough to survive

But can we win three more times.

Up the U's

I think 3 wins out of 8 would be a miracle based on recent evidence. Brown may, possibly, have improved performances but results haven’t changed. 6 points from a possible 27 since he arrived and the significant points gap he inherited over the bottom two has been eroded. Goal difference also much worse now, with Grimsby and Oldham the only sides having conceded more than us.

We’re I a gambling man I wouldn’t be putting any money on a Col U win any time soon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024