Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park 16:20 - Apr 9 with 3310 viewsdurham_exile

It is difficult these days to write solely about the football on the field. Colchester have had a wretched season on the pitch and perhaps an even worse one off. Culminating this week in conspiracy theories, messages, accusations, subsequently withdrawn statements, and assertions that we are not going into administration. RC has also said that he is not leaving the club for the foreseeable.

Now the dictionary considers foreseeable to mean it can be predicted or identified in advance. Foreseeable is the adjective form of the verb foresee, which means to see or know beforehand. Foreseeable is often used in the phrase the foreseeable future, referring to the span of time in the near future about which reasonable assumptions can be made.

What this all means no one knows, but it has caused further instability at the club at a time when we need confidence in our league future.

6 games to play against Oldham A, Walsall H, Southend H, Cheltenham A, Salford H and Tranmere A.

Quite frankly we need to garner points quickly ahead of the last three fixtures. Can we get 9 more points from these 6 games. The answer of course is yes. Our survival still remains in our own hands.

We play Oldham at Boundary Park, a ground where we have a decent recent record, then two home games against Walsall and Southend. Surely, we must be able to take maximum points from at least two of those games. The Southend one simply is a must win at all costs.

Walsall 39 43 -7
Barrow 38 42 -3
COL U 40 41 -17
Southend 40 36 -29
Grimsby 39 34 -27

Oldham already have 48 points and sit in 17th position. They defeated a poor Crawley side 4-1 the other day and I expect that Crawley will roll over at Southend on Saturday therefore we must get something tonight at Oldham against the Latics.

Keith Curle will be relieved to be virtually safe and will know that a defeat tonight is not too costly but after a recent win they will be keen to do well. Do not forget the rumour about a League Two team going into administration is doing the rounds, it could be any of the bottom half teams unless it was deliberately calculated to cause instability at Colchester (which it certainly has done).

I think a 2-0 away win tonight will work wonders for the U’s it will ensure that the gap to Scummend even after they win tomorrow will still be 5 points (6 if you include the GD).

Earlier in the season we allowed a lead to slip twice against the Latics in a pulsating 3-3 draw at the JSCS. Late goals have been costly for us this season as was proven against the Bluebirds the other day.

HM and PT will be looking to improve upon their Easter haul and the team could well look something like this 4,2,3,1:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Clampin

Wiredu Pell

Senior Brown Harriott

Nouble

Subs:

Lapslie Chilvers Stevenson George Folivi Poku Tchamadeu

Kwame Poku will be back this evening from the Black Stars.

Weather in Oldham will be 5 degrees C at kick off with some sunshine and then cloud but it will be dry again.

This season has been wretched, we are in the brown and pungent and we have the 24th worst Away record in League Two and the 15th worst home record. Oldham have the 22nd worst home record and the 5th best Away record. Statisticians would predict a draw; I am going for a Colchester victory.

We must get away from the trials and tribulations of the events off the pitch and concentrate solely on the football on the pitch. The players need to improve on that appalling Away record. Tonight, is the best chance for a win and to put pressure on our Essex fiends.

Try to enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 17:52 - Apr 9 with 1504 viewsmfb_cufc

The bookmakers definitely think, or even know, the League 2 club that could be going into administration is Oldham.

Sporting Index have suspeded their price for total season points.
The price for Oldham to be relegated with the Betfair exchange is 1.03. That is the same price as all the teams currently concerned with promotion. In fact you can back them at 50.0 not to be relegated, when the true price should be in my opinion 1000.0.
skybet are not taking bets on who will be relegated from League 2, when they have been all season.

All this suggest to me there has been people backing Oldham to be relegated. They could just be people speculating on yesterday's news that they must be the team in trouble, or could be people backing them to be relegated because they know Oldham are going into administration.

What does all this mean on tonight's game. If the club know they are going to go into administration, it is going to make it a harder game than it already was, because after having 12 points deducted that would put them on 36 points, and would turn tonight's game into a real 6 pointer.

mfb

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:01 - Apr 9 with 1500 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 17:52 - Apr 9 by mfb_cufc

The bookmakers definitely think, or even know, the League 2 club that could be going into administration is Oldham.

The price for Oldham to be relegated with the Betfair exchange is 1.03. That is the same price as all the teams currently concerned with promotion. In fact you can back them at 50.0 not to be relegated, when the true price should be in my opinion 1000.0.
skybet are not taking bets on who will be relegated from League 2, when they have been all season.

All this suggest to me there has been people backing Oldham to be relegated. They could just be people speculating on yesterday's news that they must be the team in trouble, or could be people backing them to be relegated because they know Oldham are going into administration.

What does all this mean on tonight's game. If the club know they are going to go into administration, it is going to make it a harder game than it already was, because after having 12 points deducted that would put them on 36 points, and would turn tonight's game into a real 6 pointer.

Mick the situation doesn't get any easier.

Would the 12 points definitely be deducted this season after what has happened to other clubs in the past.

The only thing we can do is to win the game tonight and worry about possible Oldham administration later!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:19 - Apr 9 with 1489 viewsLeadbelly

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:01 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Mick the situation doesn't get any easier.

Would the 12 points definitely be deducted this season after what has happened to other clubs in the past.

The only thing we can do is to win the game tonight and worry about possible Oldham administration later!

Up the U's

If points are deducted from a club already relegated then the penalty applies the following season. If not already relegated penalty applies in that season (which may result in relegation).

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:43 - Apr 9 with 1475 viewsmfb_cufc

Team: Gerken, Welch-Hayes, Eastman, Smith, Clampin, Lapslie, Pell, Senior, Wiredu, Harriott, Nouble

Subs: George, Sowunmi, Chilvers, Stevenson, Cowan-Hall, Folivi, Brown

One change to the starting line-up, Lapslie in for Brown.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 18:46]

mfb

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 1470 viewswessex_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:19 - Apr 9 by Leadbelly

If points are deducted from a club already relegated then the penalty applies the following season. If not already relegated penalty applies in that season (which may result in relegation).

More or less - the cut-off date is the 4th Thursday in March. Any club going into administration after that date have the 10-point deduction suspended until the end of the season. If they are relegated regardless, it's taken off the following season's tally, if not it's taken off at the end of the season they went into administration - which of course may still relegate them.

If it is Oldham, and they want the least damaging outcome, they'll want to get sufficiently clear of the bottom two to take the hit this season and survive in League 2 without a points deduction next season. All of which might make them a bit of a wounded bear desperate for points tonight and the remainder of their season.

This ruling closed a loophole initially exploited by Leeds (sorry Whales) at the end of the 2006/07 season, when they looked doomed to relegation, but not mathematically so at the time. However, it was Boston who took it to the next level, choosing to go into administration during their final game (which they were losing at the time) away at Wrexham, and set to be relegated regardless.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:55 - Apr 9 with 1464 viewsthrillseeker

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 17:52 - Apr 9 by mfb_cufc

I heard this Oldham rumour in last week of March from an Oldham supporting client.

He stuck £10 on at 66/1 which prompted me to stuck £2 on at same price. Not a gambler but thought £2 won't harm
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:55 - Apr 9 with 1464 viewsdurham_exile

Lovely evening, pitch looks good.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:57 - Apr 9 with 1463 viewsthrillseeker

£10 paid.

Really want to see a victory but will take a point
Login to get fewer ads

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:04 - Apr 9 with 1458 viewsLeadbelly

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 18:50 - Apr 9 by wessex_exile

More or less - the cut-off date is the 4th Thursday in March. Any club going into administration after that date have the 10-point deduction suspended until the end of the season. If they are relegated regardless, it's taken off the following season's tally, if not it's taken off at the end of the season they went into administration - which of course may still relegate them.

If it is Oldham, and they want the least damaging outcome, they'll want to get sufficiently clear of the bottom two to take the hit this season and survive in League 2 without a points deduction next season. All of which might make them a bit of a wounded bear desperate for points tonight and the remainder of their season.

This ruling closed a loophole initially exploited by Leeds (sorry Whales) at the end of the 2006/07 season, when they looked doomed to relegation, but not mathematically so at the time. However, it was Boston who took it to the next level, choosing to go into administration during their final game (which they were losing at the time) away at Wrexham, and set to be relegated regardless.

I didn’t know about the cut-off date so thanks for adding that.

Leeds prompting a rule change...football authorities have always had it in for us!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:05 - Apr 9 with 1457 viewsgerry_us

Forget everything else tonight.
It is just Old'uns v Us. Nothing else matters.
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:08 - Apr 9 with 1453 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:05 - Apr 9 by gerry_us

Forget everything else tonight.
It is just Old'uns v Us. Nothing else matters.

If the.cap fits.

Sun causing their keeper some problems.

Come on the U,'s

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:17 - Apr 9 with 1443 viewsnoah4x4

Terribly sloppy by Senior and Harriott again. Why can't we pass?
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:19 - Apr 9 with 1435 viewsthrillseeker

Very pedestrian.

Same pattern as recent games - slow start, under pressure
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:21 - Apr 9 with 1431 viewsgerry_us

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:08 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

If the.cap fits.

Sun causing their keeper some problems.

Come on the U,'s

Touche Peter.

Sun? What's that?
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 1423 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:21 - Apr 9 by gerry_us

Touche Peter.

Sun? What's that?

Bright and Sunny today Gerry in Durham.

Grim game at present,
We need to shoot when we have the opportunity.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:31 - Apr 9 with 1416 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:29 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Bright and Sunny today Gerry in Durham.

Grim game at present,
We need to shoot when we have the opportunity.

Up the U's

Can someone tell Brendan that he is allowed to score!

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:38 - Apr 9 with 1408 viewsMoor_Pinot

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:31 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Can someone tell Brendan that he is allowed to score!

Trying, but it's hard to feel very confident so far.

Moor Pinot

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 1405 viewsthrillseeker

Oh dear
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 1403 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:38 - Apr 9 by Moor_Pinot

Trying, but it's hard to feel very confident so far.

It doesn't help when you gift Oldham a penalty.

Plenty to do now.

We must win this game.

No goals in how many away games?

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 1403 viewsnoah4x4

Can we get Senior off the pitch. Back to his terrible worst.

Harriott too lazy again.

Now losing, we are shite.
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:41 - Apr 9 with 1401 viewsthrillseeker

Who is the commentator on ifollow with David Gregory?
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:47 - Apr 9 with 1380 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:41 - Apr 9 by thrillseeker

Who is the commentator on ifollow with David Gregory?

Down and out, no passion commitment or effort.

Oldham now given the freedom of Boundary Park.

Subs required at half time.

Folivi and Brown needed.

It's almost as if we have thrown in the towel and are accepting National League next season.

Next goal vital

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:52 - Apr 9 with 1367 viewsnoah4x4

Heads have dropped. Body language at HT is awful. It is now or never. I think never is looking ever more likely. Our only hope is Southend continue to struggle. Humes out!
I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 1364 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:47 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Folivi and Brown needed.

It's almost as if we have thrown in the towel and are accepting National League next season.

Next goal vital

I want to see Colchester show passion and commitment for the next 45 minutes because this is total shite.

Is this the worst Colchester team that I've seen in 50 years of support. Probably.

Come on get the changes made and let us go for it.

Don't forget Southend will win tomorrow.

A big half to come.

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:55 - Apr 9 with 1357 viewsMoor_Pinot

I told 'em Oldham, the first time battery - U's to prevail at flat Boundary Park on 19:47 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Folivi and Brown needed.

Next goal vital

Durham, we're not National Lg standard tonight.

We are in total defeat mode. Hard not to see it holistically at the moment, it doesn't seem to be just on the pitch.
But why has it all got so bad so fast? The decline has accelerated at an astonishing rate.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024