Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages 17:55 - Apr 12 with 1313 viewsmfb_cufc

I saw this on the OMB, and thought it may interest members on here.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-two/colchester-united/

mfb

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 1297 viewsMoor_Pinot

Crikey Mick, that opened my eyes as I never expected to see players on those salaries. A quick look at a few other sides shows us to be one of the highest payers too.

Moor Pinot

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 1297 viewsthrillseeker

Al-Amin Kazeem £400 £20,800 18 D/WB (L) Nigeria
Alfie Cerulli £400 £20,800 19 ST (C) England
Diogo Freitas-Gouveia £370 £19,240 18 AM (RL) Portugal

So these are on more than our Left Back?

Not sure Eastman is on such a low salary compared to Sowunmi
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 18:32 - Apr 12 with 1293 viewsburnsieespana

If these are accurate, which I have genuine over some of the salaries are mind boggling and no wonder RC wanted to make some cuts.
Makes you wonder what people like Prosser, etc were on.
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 22:42 - Apr 12 with 1247 viewsnoah4x4

These figures don't surprise me. One needs to take account of the fact that football careers are short. My guess is these numbers include the far higher value of pensions and health insurance contributions required to permit the ending of one's career early. If you compare these total remuneration packages to many City or professional jobs, let alone others in the entertainment business, they are then not outrageous, albeit more than most supporters. But clearly unaffordable on gates of 1,500 in the National League.........
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 08:43 - Apr 13 with 1224 viewsTheOldOakTree

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 22:42 - Apr 12 by noah4x4

These figures don't surprise me. One needs to take account of the fact that football careers are short. My guess is these numbers include the far higher value of pensions and health insurance contributions required to permit the ending of one's career early. If you compare these total remuneration packages to many City or professional jobs, let alone others in the entertainment business, they are then not outrageous, albeit more than most supporters. But clearly unaffordable on gates of 1,500 in the National League.........

If the data is to be believed, all the clubs in promotion or play-off positions are paying less for their squad than the U’s, many by a considerable amount.

If that is the case, it speaks volumes about the competency of the person making recruitment and overall team management decisions at Colchester.

Pound for pound, based on the data, if Colchester were getting the same value as other clubs, we would get automatic promotion. Obviously life isn’t like that otherwise we would never have attained the dizzy heights of the Championship.

It does rather suggest, if you want a club to be self-supporting and comply with FFP (or whatever it’s called in L2), then the Director of Football would be a good place to focus your attention.
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 12:23 - Apr 13 with 1191 viewsbwildered

The blueprint years ago was to have five premium earners/ players and then the young and academy players making up the squad , which seems to be the case.
Unfortunately this present season the premium earners have been ineffective or injured . Most have contracts now to be discontinued, so suggest revise to a more standard basic plus performance related bonus and see who gets out of the door fast enough , has if the case this season most would be on the poverty line god forbid.
The chairman has one job opportunity in the FITC scheme, at 20k plus company van and mobile if any are interested .
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 12:31]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 13:11 - Apr 13 with 1178 viewsgerry_us

Kevin de Bruyne now on £20.8m / year!!!
Looks like we need to pay a bit more to attract some more influential players. Will U's loosen purse strings?
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 14:00 - Apr 13 with 1170 viewsWitham

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 13:11 - Apr 13 by gerry_us

Kevin de Bruyne now on £20.8m / year!!!
Looks like we need to pay a bit more to attract some more influential players. Will U's loosen purse strings?

Why don't we play the game of "how much would you pay them based on performances this season"?
That might help Robbie when renegotiating contracts.
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 00:25 - Apr 14 with 1089 viewsDaniel

According to this, the big four that left last summer are on the following at their new clubs:

Brandon Comley 2.5k
Frank Nouble 2.3k
Ryan Jackson 1.7k
Luke Prosser 1k

That means Miles Welch-Hayes is 'earning' more than Jackson is a Gillingham and Tommy Smith and Omar Sowunmi are on more than Prosser at Stevenage.

I appreciate that Covid meant clubs held the cards when signing players last summer, but this is madness - we're paying more money for worse players!
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 08:53 - Apr 14 with 1055 viewsburnsieespana

Only if the figures are correct Daniel.
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 14:38 - Apr 14 with 1022 viewsFruitbat

I don't think these are credible. The list of "sources" as the bottom is very vague and has nothing "official" on it. Very rarely do you see actual wage details released to public sources or "online encylopedias".
Colchester 2021 - Player Wages on 15:45 - Apr 14 with 1010 viewsLeadbelly

I don’t really care what players are paid as long as they put in a shift that justifies that expenditure. Same goes for coaches and back room staff. Whether any of those involved could be considered value for money this season is a question for the chairman to ponder when the final game has been played.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024