Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! 13:43 - Apr 17 with 1021 viewsdurham_exile

It will remain to be seen whether the blank Tuesday has improved the U’s chances with key players able to rest after a demanding schedule. Today HM and PT battered, and bruised charges play host to the Saddlers before the mother of all Essex derbies with Southend in town on Tuesday night. Frankly, our survival may well rest on these games.

These notes are being penned whilst the early kick offs are in play owing to the Funeral of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor.

Table as at 1.40pm 17 April: Southend drawing at Exeter, Grimsby winning against Bolton both at Half Time.

Colchester 41 -20 41
Southend 42 -29 38
Grimsby 41 -27 37

Remaining Fixtures for the three Relegation haunted teams after today.

Colchester

Southend H
Cheltenham A
Salford H
Tranmere A

Grimsby

Morecambe H
Oldham A
Exeter A
PV H
Cambridge A

Southend

Colchester A
Orient H
Barrow A
Newport H

The mauling at Oldham ( a ground where we hitherto have enjoyed reasonable results) was humiliating not least because having done the hard work and got the scoreline back to 3-2 we conceded two late goals to worsen our GD and leave the players bereft on the touchline.

Walsall our opponents today have achieved back-to-back victories. Exactly what we must strive for today and Tuesday. They are now safe from the spectre of Relegation and it is a three-way fight between the bottom three clubs for the drop.

The situation on the pitch is dire enough but the recent adverse publicity involving the Chairman has not helped our cause. Without rehearsing old arguments, Employment Tribunals, threats of Administration and Racism allegations have not helped our fight against the drop.

Many on this site have expressed their undying love for the club and I share those sentiments. I have supported the U’s since 1970 (previously supporting non-league Enfield and Chelsea before seeing the light). Almost 51 years later the torch for Colchester United burns as brightly. I am angry though. We are fighting for survival at the worst possible time with relatively little money coming into the club and disunity on and off the pitch. Three managers in the same season, poor signings, a lack of leadership and direction on and off the pitch does not bode well.

We may all purport to support the club in the Isthmian League (for many years I watched Enfield play in the Isthmian League) but the very survival of our club would be at stake if we were relegated.

It is crucial therefore that we secure six points from Walsall and Southend at home. Victories are non-negotiable.

3-1 to the U’s is the prediction this evening.

But what team does the Head and Assistant Coach go with. It is hoped that the full week of rest has galvanised the team and ensured they are ready to fight for survival.

Why not the following in a genuine 4,3,3 formation:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Clampin

Pell Wiredu Stevenson

Harriott Brown Nouble

Subs:

George Chilvers Sowunmi Folivi Lapslie Senior Cowan-Hall

This is a five-game season, forget about everything that has gone before.

Weather in Colchester at match time 9 degrees Celsius, dry, and sunny.

No need for inspirational speeches. It is all about taking the game to Walsall.

Saddle up for victory.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 995 viewsdurham_exile

As you were Southend draw, Grimsby win

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 14:34 - Apr 17 with 992 viewsburnsieespana

Absolutely vital we get 4 points from these two games!
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 16:46 - Apr 17 with 930 viewswessex_exile

U's line-up:

George
---------
MWH
Eastman
Smith
Clampin
--------
Wiredu
Pell
Chilvers
--------
Harriott
Folivi
Nouble

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 17:03 - Apr 17 with 917 viewsthrillseeker

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 16:46 - Apr 17 by wessex_exile

U's line-up:

George
---------
MWH
Eastman
Smith
Clampin
--------
Wiredu
Pell
Chilvers
--------
Harriott
Folivi
Nouble

Surprised Gerken has been dropped
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 17:19 - Apr 17 with 899 viewswessex_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 17:03 - Apr 17 by thrillseeker

Surprised Gerken has been dropped

KInd of I guess. We did concede 5 at Oldham, but I don't remember many (any) being a Gerken error? Maybe though it's a confidence thing, and after that mauling his is at a low ebb?

Up the U's

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 17:24 - Apr 17 with 894 viewsthrillseeker

A must win game.

Come on Col U
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:01 - Apr 17 with 842 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 17:24 - Apr 17 by thrillseeker

A must win game.

Come on Col U

Nightmare scenario.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:09 - Apr 17 with 822 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:01 - Apr 17 by durham_exile

Nightmare scenario.

Come on the U's

Big Frank get in

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:11 - Apr 17 with 817 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:09 - Apr 17 by durham_exile

Big Frank get in

Sorry Folivi

Big Frank to get the next one.

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:22 - Apr 17 with 795 viewswessex_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:11 - Apr 17 by durham_exile

Sorry Folivi

Big Frank to get the next one.

Clampin actually, and nothing more than we deserve!

2-1 to the U's - COME ON!!!!!

Up the U's

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:40 - Apr 17 with 760 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:22 - Apr 17 by wessex_exile

Clampin actually, and nothing more than we deserve!

2-1 to the U's - COME ON!!!!!

Big second half

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:45 - Apr 17 with 752 viewsgerry_us

Please don't sit on 2-1, we are not capable. Another goal is what's needed.
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:29 - Apr 17 with 722 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 18:45 - Apr 17 by gerry_us

Please don't sit on 2-1, we are not capable. Another goal is what's needed.

Yes a huge win

Now bring on Scummend.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:29 - Apr 17 with 721 viewsGOSBTS

Yesssssss!!!!!!!
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:31 - Apr 17 with 713 viewsMoor_Pinot

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:29 - Apr 17 by durham_exile

Yes a huge win

Now bring on Scummend.

Up the U's

Phewwwww!!!

Moor Pinot

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:35 - Apr 17 with 702 viewsburnsieespana

Massive result and be well done U's. Beat Southend on Tuesday be and we will be almost safe.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 19:36]
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:37 - Apr 17 with 692 viewsdurham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:31 - Apr 17 by Moor_Pinot

Phewwwww!!!

Say we are staying up, say we are staying Up!

Come on the U's

Win against Scummend on Tuesday and we would only need one more point from our last three games.

Tuesday night is a huge huge game.

Durham_exile

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:38 - Apr 17 with 687 viewsthrillseeker

Huge result

Still annoyed at our inability to take our chances
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:43 - Apr 17 with 675 viewsBFG

T F for that

Even a draw on Tuesday with Southend having to play to win will do it I think
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:43 - Apr 17 with 674 viewspwrightsknees

Great result, but we're not safe yet. Let's hope this gives the squad, including management and coaches etc. build on this as a confidence builder.

Up the surviving U's
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:43 - Apr 17 with 669 viewsbwildered

Useless without follow up result on Tuesday .
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 19:53]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 20:04 - Apr 17 with 649 viewsthrillseeker

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 19:43 - Apr 17 by BFG

T F for that

Even a draw on Tuesday with Southend having to play to win will do it I think

I wouldn't rule out Grimsby just yet
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 21:19 - Apr 17 with 613 viewswessex_exile

I'm not going to get into run-ins, final games, likely outcomes etc. All I know is that we are all one game less, the clock is ticking, and Grimsby have made no ground on the U's, and Southend have fallen further behind. Eventually, inevitably, the games will run out, it's just a question of time.

Up the U's

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 21:29 - Apr 17 with 606 viewspwrightsknees

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 21:19 - Apr 17 by wessex_exile

I'm not going to get into run-ins, final games, likely outcomes etc. All I know is that we are all one game less, the clock is ticking, and Grimsby have made no ground on the U's, and Southend have fallen further behind. Eventually, inevitably, the games will run out, it's just a question of time.

You're absolutely right, Wessex.

But what it demonstrates is that our survival is all about arithmetic, and not about football.

All I can say is "Up the U's".
Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 22:38 - Apr 17 with 575 viewsoxfcolu

Not the U's first rodeo against the Saddlers today! on 21:29 - Apr 17 by pwrightsknees

You're absolutely right, Wessex.

But what it demonstrates is that our survival is all about arithmetic, and not about football.

All I can say is "Up the U's".

I agree also, one game at a time and one game less to the end of the season.
An improved performance today before Tuesdays game which I feel both teams will kick the shi#### out of each other. Not for the faint hearted . ❤.😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024