Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... 14:10 - Apr 27 with 1535 viewsdurham_exile

It is Now!

Colchester may not be playing this evening, but the Relegation issue could well be done and dusted at 2100hrs.

Fixtures:

Newport v Scunny
Bradford v Salford
Cheltenham v Carlisle
Exeter v Grimsby
FGR v Barrow

Table
Cheltenham 43 78 +20
Cambridge 44 77 +22
Bolton 44 76 +7
Morecambe 44 72 +7
Tranmere 44 72 +6
FGR 43 67 +6
Newport 43 66 +10
Salford 43 65 +17
Exeter 43 63 +19
Carlisle 43 61 +8

Bottom
COL U 44 47 -18
Scunny 43 47 -18
Barrow 43 46 -7
Southend 44 41 -30
Grimsby 43 40 -29

Each of the five games tonight affects both the top and bottom of the table.

If Grimsby lose or draw, they are virtually relegated (41 points means they must win both games and overturn GD of -11)
If Grimsby win, they live to fight another day and can still achieve 49 points

If Barrow win or draw the Southend are virtually relegated — GD will essentially relegate them
If Barrow lose then they have the fallback position of playing Southend at Holker Street on Saturday

Southend need to win both remaining games and make up -12 GD to stay up

Carlisle must win to retain hopes of the play offs
Exeter must win to retain hopes of the play offs

FGR must win to retain hopes of the play offs
Newport must win to retain hopes of the play offs

Scunny still need two points to be certain of avoiding relegation

Still all to play for!

I reckon Barrow will get the point they need, and Grimsby will lose or draw.

Southend and Grimsby thus relegated pending overturning up to -12 GD.

Regardless what happens we need to win on Saturday for pride and to finish the season strongly.

The team will have learned their lesson for an insipid second half against Cheltenham when a point was definitely on the cards.

Up the U’s
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 14:18]

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 17:15 - Apr 27 with 822 viewsburnsieespana

Tonight with the way the fixtures have panned out could be the most meaningful this season for top and bottom!

Up the U's.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 18:51 - Apr 27 with 797 viewswessex_exile

Newport v Scunthorpe kicked off at about 6.30pm, and still 0-0 at the moment, so their point as it stands takes Scunnie back ahead of the U's. Long way to go, though Newport are dominating possession (74:26).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:03 - Apr 27 with 791 viewswessex_exile

1-0 to Newport - own goal by George Taft. U's back ahead of Scunnie on goal difference.

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:11 - Apr 27 with 789 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:03 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

1-0 to Newport - own goal by George Taft. U's back ahead of Scunnie on goal difference.

2-0 to Newport - if they keep this up, Grimsby and Southend will be pleased, it brings Scunthorpe closer in the goal difference stakes.

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:13 - Apr 27 with 787 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:11 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

2-0 to Newport - if they keep this up, Grimsby and Southend will be pleased, it brings Scunthorpe closer in the goal difference stakes.

...and lo - 3-0 to Newport.

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:23 - Apr 27 with 783 viewswessex_exile

Crikey, Barrow 1-0 up at FGR with a penalty. Puts them 2pts above us, and guaranteed survival if they hold on.

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 779 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:23 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Crikey, Barrow 1-0 up at FGR with a penalty. Puts them 2pts above us, and guaranteed survival if they hold on.

...and now 2-0 to Barrow. Doesn't really change anything for the U's, other than we wouldn't have the cushion of two teams below us if it stays this way. FGR's promotion challenge appears to be unraveling though.

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:29 - Apr 27 with 779 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:23 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

I thought the five games would produce some interesting stats.

Just as long as Exeter don't lose to Grimsby the Mariners and the Shrimpers will be down

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 769 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:29 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

I thought the five games would produce some interesting stats.

Just as long as Exeter don't lose to Grimsby the Mariners and the Shrimpers will be down

Up the U's

Exeter now winning 1-0 - that's more like it!

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:43 - Apr 27 with 760 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:35 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Exeter now winning 1-0 - that's more like it!

Barrow 2-0 up
Cheltenham losing to Carlisle.

Barrow win, Grimsby lose
Then Grimsby and Southend down barring a 12 goal turnover

But it would be nice to defeat Salford on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:44 - Apr 27 with 759 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:43 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Barrow 2-0 up
Cheltenham losing to Carlisle.

Barrow win, Grimsby lose
Then Grimsby and Southend down barring a 12 goal turnover

But it would be nice to defeat Salford on Saturday.

Up the U's

Bah! Grimsby equalise with a penalty :-(

Up the U's

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:50 - Apr 27 with 755 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:44 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Bah! Grimsby equalise with a penalty :-(

As long as they don't win!

A draw isn't the end of the world but it could be for Exeter.

The Grecians could dip out on the play offs.
Shame!

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:53 - Apr 27 with 751 viewsnoah4x4

I am currently watching Cheltenham v Us for the first time (I had cricket on Saturday), with one eye on tonight’s live division two scores. Even though I know Saturdays result, it has the feel of same day match day tension. One joy is that the I-Follow replay isn’t costing me a £tenner.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:57 - Apr 27 with 743 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:53 - Apr 27 by noah4x4

I am currently watching Cheltenham v Us for the first time (I had cricket on Saturday), with one eye on tonight’s live division two scores. Even though I know Saturdays result, it has the feel of same day match day tension. One joy is that the I-Follow replay isn’t costing me a £tenner.

The first half is ok the second is a horror show.

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:15 - Apr 27 with 735 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 19:57 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

The first half is ok the second is a horror show.

Grimsby now winning

Exeter are unbelievable.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:20 - Apr 27 with 723 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:15 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Grimsby now winning

Exeter are unbelievable.

Up the U's

Grimsby now down to 10 men but still winning 2-1

Exeter are a total shower!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:20 - Apr 27 with 722 viewsnoah4x4

Red card for Matete. Grimsby down to ten men.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:24 - Apr 27 with 717 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:20 - Apr 27 by noah4x4

Exeter the eternal bottlers

Heading for another promotion failure

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:27 - Apr 27 with 711 viewsgerry_us

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:20 - Apr 27 by noah4x4

Was that for head butting one of his colleagues? Seems to be a trend at the moment.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:32 - Apr 27 with 701 viewsburnsieespana

Scunthorpe in free fall at the moment with a deteriorating gd. They are away to Bradford on Saturday and home to Stevenage following Saturday.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 697 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:32 - Apr 27 by burnsieespana

Scunthorpe in free fall at the moment with a deteriorating gd. They are away to Bradford on Saturday and home to Stevenage following Saturday.

Grimsby left with Port Vale H and Cambridge A

Looks like we will need to beat Salford

Unless the Grecians can equalise

Up the U' s

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:40 - Apr 27 with 695 viewsdurham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:39 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Grimsby left with Port Vale H and Cambridge A

Looks like we will need to beat Salford

Unless the Grecians can equalise

Up the U' s

Exeter equalise

Durham_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 693 viewsburnsieespana

Getting very tight Durham although my gut feeling is one more point will do it for us.
Why oh why could we not get a point at Oldham and perform against Exeter let me Grimsby?
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:42 - Apr 27 with 691 viewsnoah4x4

Exeter equalise.
76 mins gone in the Us game and I think we have defended well.
Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:42 - Apr 27 with 690 viewswessex_exile

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over....... on 20:40 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Exeter equalise

Finally Exeter grow a pair

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024