Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond 10:32 - Apr 29 with 1794 viewsthrillseeker

I saw this article which shows the number of out of contract players in League 1 at the end of this season

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-contracts-expiring-7929650

The numbers are quire astounding and I expect similar with League 2

It is going to be a very interesting summer of wheeling and dealing by all clubs
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 10:55 - Apr 29 with 1785 viewsDaniel

This says Nouble is out of contract at Plymouth, so we might be able to bring him back permanently.

I also see Ethan Ross is out of contract at Lincoln. What a poor move he made there. He would probably be number 1 for us now if he had have stayed, but instead he's become a nobody and Shamal George looks like he has a great future ahead with us.

It's going to be a massive summer for us. Hopefully Robbie Cowling has been honest and we've taken the financial hit this season, meaning we're competitive in the market again.
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 13:07 - Apr 29 with 1754 viewsLeadbelly

There will be no shortage of available players so the recruitment team will have no excuses but, for me, the most important signing would be Tisdale. Would love it to happen but can’t see it with Humes and De Souza in place. I suspect Tisdale would want overall control and if there aren’t departures from the management hierarchy it could be a case of “too many cooks”.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 1753 viewsburnsieespana

I also expect the Championship out of contract players will be large plus be a lot of U23 type players from Premiership
Those who hold out for high salaries will likely find themselves out of work.
In retrospect Ross made a very bad move and just shows the danger of thinking the grass is greener on the other side by if the fence.
Hopefully we will be competitive and motivated to do early business.
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 17:32 - May 6 with 1585 viewsmfb_cufc

Talks going on with the out of contract players. I thought they would need to know who the manager is going to be next season before they think about signing. Mullins could be that manager, but apparently he is having no say in the matter, as it is Humes and DeSousa talking to the players.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19282965.colchester-united-dozen-players-co
[Post edited 7 May 2021 0:03]

mfb

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:00 - May 6 with 1569 viewswessex_exile

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 17:32 - May 6 by mfb_cufc

Talks going on with the out of contract players. I thought they would need to know who the manager is going to be next season before they think about signing. Mullins could be that manager, but apparently he is having no say in the matter, as it is Humes and DeSousa talking to the players.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19282965.colchester-united-dozen-players-co
[Post edited 7 May 2021 0:03]

He'll have shared his thoughts on those he wants to keep, it'll be down to whether contract negotiations bear out those aspirations.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:49 - May 6 with 1557 viewsthrillseeker

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:00 - May 6 by wessex_exile

He'll have shared his thoughts on those he wants to keep, it'll be down to whether contract negotiations bear out those aspirations.

Wessex - how can Mullins share his thoughts when he doesn't even know if he is manager/ Head Coach/ whatever title you wish for next season?
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 21:30 - May 6 with 1541 viewswessex_exile

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:49 - May 6 by thrillseeker

Wessex - how can Mullins share his thoughts when he doesn't even know if he is manager/ Head Coach/ whatever title you wish for next season?

Whether he does or doesn't (and I suspect he already does know), it doesn't stop him having a voice.

Up the U's

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 11:47 - May 7 with 1485 viewsburnsieespana

I suspect Mullins knows job is his but not who is his assistant. Furthermore as he has publicly stated we will play how he feels best and therefore personally have little doubt he will have indicated who he feels should be resigned subject to wage levels ply's the sort of players he wants to come in.
Our HC has never been directly involved in contract talks, as I understand it although JMcG tried to suggest it was his call
Mullins having spent most of his professional life at a higher level and latterly at Watford will know what the various roles are
Login to get fewer ads

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 12:03 - May 7 with 1483 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 11:47 - May 7 by burnsieespana

I suspect Mullins knows job is his but not who is his assistant. Furthermore as he has publicly stated we will play how he feels best and therefore personally have little doubt he will have indicated who he feels should be resigned subject to wage levels ply's the sort of players he wants to come in.
Our HC has never been directly involved in contract talks, as I understand it although JMcG tried to suggest it was his call
Mullins having spent most of his professional life at a higher level and latterly at Watford will know what the various roles are

The Watford model is very much one where the Head Coach is there to coach and improve the players performances and that's pretty much it. It enables them to change the Head Coach easily as there's only really one aspect to their role. Whether it works or not is a different question.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:27 - May 7 with 1443 viewswessex_exile

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 12:03 - May 7 by RSCOSWORTH

The Watford model is very much one where the Head Coach is there to coach and improve the players performances and that's pretty much it. It enables them to change the Head Coach easily as there's only really one aspect to their role. Whether it works or not is a different question.

You know, that's a perspective of how it works that I've never fully grasped until now - and it makes perfect sense thinking about it. To use that analogy in my own profession, we all developed in the past as 'managers', responsible for every aspect of the business. That covered everything, not just development of the team's skills, strengths, weaknesses and training, but also mentoring (e.g. well-being etc.), as well as monitoring financial performance, carrying out risk assessment, coordinating logistics and supply services, even being involved in external contract negotiations.

Our business has grown rapidly in the last few years, and we're at the point now that much of these duties are now picked up by other departments, leaving us to focus on the skills, strengths, weaknesses and training - basically, focus on imparting the knowledge we have already gained to those hungry to learn and be their best. You're right, it does kind of make us more easily dispensable, making it less damaging to the organisation if just one bit of the jigsaw has to be replaced, rather than the whole damn jigsaw. But you're also right, it does mean a replacement doesn't have to re-learn all of the above, just concentrate on coaching.

That also places a greater necessity on the Head Coach being good at what they do, not just as a coach (and that is vital), but also by implication having the necessary experience to back it up. That puts Hayden Mullins in an interesting position, because of all the managers we've had over the last 20+ years (or more), I reckon he probably has the most distinguished record as a player?

Up the U's

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:57 - May 14 with 1306 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:27 - May 7 by wessex_exile

You know, that's a perspective of how it works that I've never fully grasped until now - and it makes perfect sense thinking about it. To use that analogy in my own profession, we all developed in the past as 'managers', responsible for every aspect of the business. That covered everything, not just development of the team's skills, strengths, weaknesses and training, but also mentoring (e.g. well-being etc.), as well as monitoring financial performance, carrying out risk assessment, coordinating logistics and supply services, even being involved in external contract negotiations.

Our business has grown rapidly in the last few years, and we're at the point now that much of these duties are now picked up by other departments, leaving us to focus on the skills, strengths, weaknesses and training - basically, focus on imparting the knowledge we have already gained to those hungry to learn and be their best. You're right, it does kind of make us more easily dispensable, making it less damaging to the organisation if just one bit of the jigsaw has to be replaced, rather than the whole damn jigsaw. But you're also right, it does mean a replacement doesn't have to re-learn all of the above, just concentrate on coaching.

That also places a greater necessity on the Head Coach being good at what they do, not just as a coach (and that is vital), but also by implication having the necessary experience to back it up. That puts Hayden Mullins in an interesting position, because of all the managers we've had over the last 20+ years (or more), I reckon he probably has the most distinguished record as a player?

I never really understood it either and then I read a really interesting article about the Watford model and I kind of got it then. I think it might have been on the BBC Sport website.

I think the days where someone like Ferguson had full control over everything relating to the playing staff plus much more besides probably is gone. Other people can deal with those aspects leaving the manager/head coach the one job of making the first team better.

You could be right there although I think Keen probably played most of his football at the higher level and Williams was an international. It's still quite rare to come across a manager who hasn't played professionally whether that's an ability thing or an opportunity thing I'm not sure. Everyone always says that only footballers know what it's like to be a footballer.

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 21:07 - May 14 with 1291 viewswessex_exile

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 19:57 - May 14 by RSCOSWORTH

I never really understood it either and then I read a really interesting article about the Watford model and I kind of got it then. I think it might have been on the BBC Sport website.

I think the days where someone like Ferguson had full control over everything relating to the playing staff plus much more besides probably is gone. Other people can deal with those aspects leaving the manager/head coach the one job of making the first team better.

You could be right there although I think Keen probably played most of his football at the higher level and Williams was an international. It's still quite rare to come across a manager who hasn't played professionally whether that's an ability thing or an opportunity thing I'm not sure. Everyone always says that only footballers know what it's like to be a footballer.

...as did Lamberk, mostly in the SPL and/or Bundesliga, as well as a full international - if you count the SPL as 'top flight' and not monkey tennis that is.

Up the U's

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 12:23 - May 25 with 1200 viewsburnsieespana

Just been announced Tom Eastman signed a two year contract
Good news although it would have been a shock if he had not!
Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 13:16 - May 25 with 1179 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Contracts for 2021/22 and beyond on 21:07 - May 14 by wessex_exile

...as did Lamberk, mostly in the SPL and/or Bundesliga, as well as a full international - if you count the SPL as 'top flight' and not monkey tennis that is.

Great call Wessex! Lambert was a far better footballer than he is a manager/person.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024