Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney 12:05 - May 2 with 1558 viewsmrhappy

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 16:15 - May 8 with 1447 viewsMrHappy2

Yes we escaped by the skin of our teeth

Rotherham so unlucky ..
[Post edited 8 May 2021 20:23]

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 19:49 - May 8 with 1413 viewsbasher2010

Rooney always said he didnt want Derby doing a leeds pity they escaped horrible club horrible owner!
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 20:25 - May 8 with 1402 viewsMrHappy2

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 19:49 - May 8 by basher2010

Rooney always said he didnt want Derby doing a leeds pity they escaped horrible club horrible owner!

I can’t recall wot Leeds done ? Do enlighten me

I’ve met the owner seems fairly genuine and put his money where his Mouth was - so cant really complain.

As for being horrible - no where near the likes of Millwall Leeds and Man Utd lol

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 22:39 - May 8 with 1396 viewsmfb_cufc

Think he is referring to the time that Leeds spent in League 1.

mfb

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 23:44 - May 8 with 1390 viewswessex_exile

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 22:39 - May 8 by mfb_cufc

Specifically, it’s failure through gross financial mismanagement, plummeting from the highest level whilst trying to buy success. Leeds are the most notorious exponent of that art, but there have been others.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_a_Leeds

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 08:55 - May 9 with 1374 viewsbasher2010

Didnt mel morris not remortgage the ground for more than it was actually worth to pull the wool over eyes in regard to ffp?
The 3 players drink driving leaving the captain for dead!
Players leaving excrement all over the changing rooms when they beat us in play off semi final and celebrated promotion only to lose the final to villa!
A great example to all youngsters
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 08:57 - May 9 with 1371 viewsbasher2010

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 22:39 - May 8 by mfb_cufc

"Attacking but with composure as well. I don't want the team to be a Leeds, for instance, I want to have a good balance. I don't want the players scared to make mistakes. I want them to play with freedom. Quite from wayne the great
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 09:26 - May 9 with 1367 viewsLeadbelly

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 23:44 - May 8 by wessex_exile

Specifically, it’s failure through gross financial mismanagement, plummeting from the highest level whilst trying to buy success. Leeds are the most notorious exponent of that art, but there have been others.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_a_Leeds

I can assure you there was no art involved during Ridsdale’s tenure at Leeds. Publicity Pete gambled the farm and lost and still won’t admit he did much wrong. Subsequent owners such as Bates, Cellino and the only Arab consortium in football with no money all played their parts in the shambles that was Leeds United for a very long time.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 13:05 - May 9 with 1355 viewsMrHappy2

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 08:55 - May 9 by basher2010

Didnt mel morris not remortgage the ground for more than it was actually worth to pull the wool over eyes in regard to ffp?
The 3 players drink driving leaving the captain for dead!
Players leaving excrement all over the changing rooms when they beat us in play off semi final and celebrated promotion only to lose the final to villa!
A great example to all youngsters

Well all that has nothing to do with the fans who are the real heart of any club.

We may well yet get a points deduction next season.

Players are idiots most of the time - immature for sure

But that Play off defeat was one of the most satisfying wins in modern times and cut deep for any Leeds supporter.

As Cloughie said throw all your medals in the bin lol

No one liked ‘dirty Leeds’ in the 70s and we have always been their nemesis for decades ..

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 15:45 - May 9 with 1343 viewsbasher2010

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 13:05 - May 9 by MrHappy2

Well all that has nothing to do with the fans who are the real heart of any club.

We may well yet get a points deduction next season.

Players are idiots most of the time - immature for sure

But that Play off defeat was one of the most satisfying wins in modern times and cut deep for any Leeds supporter.

As Cloughie said throw all your medals in the bin lol

No one liked ‘dirty Leeds’ in the 70s and we have always been their nemesis for decades ..

Yeah cut very deep with us! Probably done us a favour in the long run look at us go while they celebrated a 21st place finish yesterday like they had just beaten leeds in a play off semi again! Embarrassing imo
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 16:13 - May 9 with 1340 viewsMrHappy2

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 15:45 - May 9 by basher2010

Yeah cut very deep with us! Probably done us a favour in the long run look at us go while they celebrated a 21st place finish yesterday like they had just beaten leeds in a play off semi again! Embarrassing imo

It was and if anyone is a betting man lump on Rotherham to win div 1 next year - they are a good outfit x

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 16:24 - May 9 with 1337 viewsburnsieespana

Derby seem to have survived this season but if they start next season with a points deduction and do little to improve the squad they are going to be in the manure (wee nod to the gardening post) facing league one football and as our farming friends (another gardening post nod,) up the road have found, it is not easy to escape from.
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 17:11 - May 9 with 1331 viewsMrHappy2

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 16:24 - May 9 by burnsieespana

Derby seem to have survived this season but if they start next season with a points deduction and do little to improve the squad they are going to be in the manure (wee nod to the gardening post) facing league one football and as our farming friends (another gardening post nod,) up the road have found, it is not easy to escape from.

To be honest way back in 1984 we fell through the trap door and I thoroughly enjoyed our two year stint in the old div 3 - we were like Man U going everywhere lol

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 21:14 - May 9 with 1312 viewsbasher2010

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 16:13 - May 9 by MrHappy2

It was and if anyone is a betting man lump on Rotherham to win div 1 next year - they are a good outfit x

Ipswich could do well if they get it right in the summer!
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 17:14 - May 11 with 1243 viewsburnsieespana

Oh dear more pain for Derby!
Hope they can afford to pay the compo claim they have lost!
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 19:32 - May 11 with 1233 viewswessex_exile

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 17:14 - May 11 by burnsieespana

Oh dear more pain for Derby!
Hope they can afford to pay the compo claim they have lost!

Crikey - £2.3m (presumably plus their own court costs) - that's a big hit!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 20:38 - May 11 with 1225 viewsMrHappy2

Blimey we are being hit from all sides

I say relegate us now and let’s sweep the decks - it’s all gone on tooo long
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:51]

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 23:14 - May 11 with 1215 viewsbasher2010

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 20:38 - May 11 by MrHappy2

Blimey we are being hit from all sides

I say relegate us now and let’s sweep the decks - it’s all gone on tooo long
[Post edited 12 May 2021 16:51]

Couldnt happen to a nicer club
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 22:58 - May 15 with 1156 viewsburnsieespana

Things seem to have gone from bad to worse with the Alonso takeover evidently dead in the water
What now?
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 23:23 - May 15 with 1149 viewsMrHappy2

We are 60 million in debt apparently and can’t sell the club for a £1

The owner will have to wipe the debt out himself or we go under

I quite fancy reforming in a non
League capacity - at least u can stand up and watch games again ..

Methinks a few others will go to the wall as well.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 23:23]

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 07:16 - May 16 with 1129 viewsnoah4x4

Think there might be more bankrupt players than clubs given the rate that clubs have been dumping out of contract players. Most clubs seem to be releasing around a dozen highly paid, previously favoured players. Covid Economics to get wage bill down?
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 09:48 - May 16 with 1114 viewsTheOldOakTree

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 23:23 - May 15 by MrHappy2

We are 60 million in debt apparently and can’t sell the club for a £1

The owner will have to wipe the debt out himself or we go under

I quite fancy reforming in a non
League capacity - at least u can stand up and watch games again ..

Methinks a few others will go to the wall as well.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 23:23]

Sadly, I would think the chances of long term survival for a Championship club with £60M debt and a 25,000 fan base are much better than a L2/Non-league club with approaching £30M debt and a 2,500 fan base.
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 15:35 - May 16 with 1096 viewsburnsieespana

Suppose it seriously depends who the debt is an owed to.
In the case of RC he will have I am sure received tax advantages so should he sell, rather like Evans at Ipswich, he will be able to afford to right half of it off without real cost to him
[Post edited 16 May 2021 15:36]
Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 17:28 - May 16 with 1080 viewsTheOldOakTree

Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney on 15:35 - May 16 by burnsieespana

Suppose it seriously depends who the debt is an owed to.
In the case of RC he will have I am sure received tax advantages so should he sell, rather like Evans at Ipswich, he will be able to afford to right half of it off without real cost to him
[Post edited 16 May 2021 15:36]

I would like to think you are right, but Evans is worth £800 million, probably more now, whereas from the picture in the Gazette it looks like RC can't even afford a haircut.

I'm not an accountant, but from the look of various associoated accounts filed at Companies House, it looks like business in the recruitment world has, understandibly, taken a massive nosedive.

Seeing figures like opperating profits dropping from £3M to £0, when we weren't even half way through the pandemic. I don't think it's fair to hold RC to any promisses made before Covid as it's probably a gamechanger for his businesses and personal wealth, at least in the short term, whereas some people are lucky and their businesses are in a sector that has thrived and they have made a fortune.

When you've got football losing a fortune with no fans in the stadium and your own business wobbling it's a double whammy, in fairness neither of them the fault of RC, but it must be twice the need to watch the pennies and for the people around you to step up to the plate.

I assume the long hair is more of a mid-life crisis than an inibility to pay a barber. If so, can we expect him to arrive on a Harley anytime soon, complete with tatts and piercings? I hope so, as I'd pay good money to see it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024