Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears returning? 14:23 - May 4 with 974 viewsdurham_exile

I see that there are increasingly strong rumours that Sears is returning to Colchester after leaving us in January 2015 for the Poorman Road outfit.

He has scored 34 goals in 217 apperances for Ipswich, whilst he scored 36 goals in 109 apperances for the U's. Sears is 5ft 7ins tall and is now 31 years of age.

By contrast I wonder if we would be better with a target man.

Scott Quigley plays for Barrow and has scored 35 goals in 72 appearances for the Cumbrian outfit. At 6ft 4 ins he is certainly a target man. Obviously he would come at a price whereas Sears is likely to be free.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 14:26 - May 4 with 967 viewsburnsieespana

Coming from all directions this but I just can't see it.
Three goals in 29 games this season!
An agent busy trying to get him placed me thinks.
Freddie Sears returning? on 16:19 - May 4 with 939 viewsgerry_us

Freddie Sears returning? on 14:26 - May 4 by burnsieespana

Coming from all directions this but I just can't see it.
Three goals in 29 games this season!
An agent busy trying to get him placed me thinks.

I thought we already had a tall target man. He's called Nouble and he spends all his time on the bl**dy wings.
Freddie Sears returning? on 17:11 - May 4 with 927 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 16:19 - May 4 by gerry_us

I thought we already had a tall target man. He's called Nouble and he spends all his time on the bl**dy wings.

Gerry as things stand Big Frank is still a Plymouth Argyle player.

His contract is up though and it will be interesting to see whether he comes back to Colchester after the Tranmere game.

My thoughts are notwithstanding Big Frank, Michael Folivi, and Jevani Brown we do not have a genuine Number 9.

It remains to be seen whether Samson Tovide will be given game time next season.

Now that we are confirmed as part of the 72 EFL clubs next season, it would be nice to splash some cash in an atempt to ensure that we do not get into the same position next year.

Also I always believe that whoever comes to the club, a new striker raises the whole atmosphere and someone who is going to fire us to League One is long overdue.

Get in early get Quigley and happy days.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 17:17 - May 4 with 924 viewsburnsieespana

In all honesty I can't see us paying any transfer fees!
Suppose Nouble and Sears could make a half decent big man small man but trouble is neither score on a regular basis.
How we could do with getting in a 15/20 goals a season man!
Freddie Sears returning? on 19:25 - May 4 with 884 viewspwrightsknees

Playing two strikers appeals greatly, but it must be a partnership, an understanding, e.g. Hunt/King, Iwulemo/Cureton.

The two may, or must have, individual talents, but teamwork between the two is essentiial.

Up the U's
Freddie Sears returning? on 23:19 - May 4 with 847 viewsgerry_us

Freddie Sears returning? on 19:25 - May 4 by pwrightsknees

Playing two strikers appeals greatly, but it must be a partnership, an understanding, e.g. Hunt/King, Iwulemo/Cureton.

The two may, or must have, individual talents, but teamwork between the two is essentiial.

Up the U's

Hunt and King!
Oh,those were the best of days.
Freddie Sears returning? on 06:50 - May 5 with 838 viewsnoah4x4

I recall watching a semi-retired nearer 40 Kevin Phillips making a player-manager appearance against our under 23s and being man of the match. However, once quality players are close to their sell-by date it rarely works (witness Teddy Sheringham). I don't consider Sears to have ever reached his full potential here or at Ipswich. We need a proven goal poacher.
Freddie Sears returning? on 07:36 - May 5 with 834 viewsburnsieespana

For what it's worth EADT also suggesting we are interested in Chambers and Skuse, both 35!
I just don't see either being on our radar.
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears returning? on 09:49 - May 5 with 810 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 07:36 - May 5 by burnsieespana

For what it's worth EADT also suggesting we are interested in Chambers and Skuse, both 35!
I just don't see either being on our radar.

Burnsie hopefully just paper talk.

The EADT is an Ipswich rag and no friend of our club.

A statement of intent from Colchester is due after the Tranmere game.

Unless the cup run money £1m has all gone we should make £250k available to sign Quigley.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 15:00 - May 5 with 768 viewswessex_exile

Freddie Sears returning? on 09:49 - May 5 by durham_exile

Burnsie hopefully just paper talk.

The EADT is an Ipswich rag and no friend of our club.

A statement of intent from Colchester is due after the Tranmere game.

Unless the cup run money £1m has all gone we should make £250k available to sign Quigley.

Up the U's

Yep, I wouldn't concern myself with anything the EADT prints, it'll most likely be garbage.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024