Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins for 21/22 season 13:51 - May 5 with 21631 viewsburnsieespana

According to twitter we are apparently looking at Kyle Hudlin of Solihull Moors FC.
Suspect we will be linked with huge number of potential signing this summer so thought worth a new thread.
Ins for 21/22 season on 14:13 - May 5 with 5217 viewsmfb_cufc

Kyle Hudlin is a 6ft 9in striker. The tallest outfield pro player in Britain.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13722764/kyle-hudlin-britain-tallest-footballers-

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:20 - May 5 with 5214 viewsthrillseeker

Now that is a target man

But is he any good?
Ins for 21/22 season on 14:58 - May 5 with 5196 viewswessex_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:20 - May 5 by thrillseeker

Now that is a target man

But is he any good?

Certainly knows where the net is in non-league - 25 goals in 22 matches for Boldmere Sports and Social Falcons before signing for Solihull Moors. Eight goals in 31 games at Solihull Moors so far. If the speculation true, I suspect this might signpost where we're going to have to be doing our shopping this summer?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins for 21/22 season on 15:37 - May 5 with 5186 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:58 - May 5 by wessex_exile

Certainly knows where the net is in non-league - 25 goals in 22 matches for Boldmere Sports and Social Falcons before signing for Solihull Moors. Eight goals in 31 games at Solihull Moors so far. If the speculation true, I suspect this might signpost where we're going to have to be doing our shopping this summer?

And it may work Wesser.
Solihull Moors have come a long way in a very short time. Amalgamation of Solihull and the old defunct Moor Green whom I watched at Tiverton in my season ticket days there. Sm are now just outside the National Lg P/Offs and I fully support looking at proven non lg success. It can and does translate to the league, Vardy probably being the best of recent times. I have nothing against us doing business like this if Tiptree cannot provide what we need. In truth, it hasn't recently. Promise, yes, but full first team certs, not really. Tchamadeu, Chilvers and maybe Sayer and Tolvide, but we need a management brave enough to try them or at least a very demanding and meaningful pre-season set of competitive games. Mix young promise with a little more experience (not a great player but we missed Prosser, Smith not a good replacement) & the U's could move forwards for the first time in a dozen declining years.
It will be an intriguing close season as we will be able to see what policy Mr Cowling's adopted for the near future.

Moor Pinot

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:37 - May 5 with 5171 viewsgerry_us

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:20 - May 5 by thrillseeker

Now that is a target man

But is he any good?

Yes but basketball probably.
Ins for 21/22 season on 21:34 - May 5 with 5119 viewsdurham_exile

Get him signed up quick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 13:10 - May 6 with 5067 viewsgerry_us

Don't think it is really necessary to have a mountain man up front. If we play the ball on the ground someone like Sammy Szmodics can score goals at will. His record since leaving us is pretty impressive. However it was somewhat embarrassing to see the way he won the penalty that saw Peterborough promoted. Not my way of winning anything I'm afraid.
Ins for 21/22 season on 17:08 - May 6 with 5031 viewswessex_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 13:10 - May 6 by gerry_us

Don't think it is really necessary to have a mountain man up front. If we play the ball on the ground someone like Sammy Szmodics can score goals at will. His record since leaving us is pretty impressive. However it was somewhat embarrassing to see the way he won the penalty that saw Peterborough promoted. Not my way of winning anything I'm afraid.

I haven't seen it, but have heard it was somewhat 'theatrical'

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:18 - May 6 with 5028 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:08 - May 6 by wessex_exile

I haven't seen it, but have heard it was somewhat 'theatrical'

Szmodics last game for the U's at Lincoln was perhaps his best ever and I prefer to remember that than the Jacques Cousteau performance last week.

Seriously though I would like to see Scott Quigley signed up and playing for the U's next season. Quigley has power, height and physical presence and will score goals.

If we are serious about getting out of this wretched league the right way - upwards then that is the sort of player we need.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:50 - May 6 with 5021 viewsmfb_cufc

Scott Quigley would be a good signing, but he signed a new three-year contract in July 2020, so Barrow would obviously need a fee for any club to sign him. I am not sure we will be paying a fee to sign anybody when there are likely to be a number of decent players obtainable for free in the summer.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 12:03 - May 10 with 4913 viewsburnsieespana

Is this going to be a big week when we know who our HC will be and if HM will PT being staying plus who of the existing squad will not be retained?
We won't know the full story regarding the players for sometime because those we want to retain and offer new contracts to, will have time to make a decision and going on previous years could take all summer!
Ins for 21/22 season on 16:02 - May 10 with 4864 viewsburnsieespana

Port Vale release 15 players today including Theo Robinson.
Ins for 21/22 season on 18:22 - May 10 with 4845 viewsmfb_cufc

Big Frank has been released by Plymouth, and is being linked to a permanent move back to us.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 22:56 - May 10 with 4807 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:22 - May 10 by mfb_cufc

Big Frank has been released by Plymouth, and is being linked to a permanent move back to us.

Excellent news and of course reinforces the fact that he should never have been transferred in the first place.

Up the U's

Sign Scott Quigley quick.

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 23:13 - May 10 with 4803 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 22:56 - May 10 by durham_exile

Excellent news and of course reinforces the fact that he should never have been transferred in the first place.

Up the U's

Why pay money for Scott Quigley when we can get Paul Mullin for free, as his contract with Cambridge comes to an end in the summer.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 08:50 - May 11 with 4782 viewsburnsieespana

Ins for 21/22 season on 23:13 - May 10 by mfb_cufc

Why pay money for Scott Quigley when we can get Paul Mullin for free, as his contract with Cambridge comes to an end in the summer.

Gazette linking us to Alan Judge!
Ins for 21/22 season on 09:00 - May 11 with 4778 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 22:56 - May 10 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Playing devil's advocate here but has he really been good enough in his loan spell here to warrant a contract offer?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins for 21/22 season on 09:01 - May 11 with 4777 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Are Cambridge not planning on offering him a deal then? Surely his goals this season are worth a year at least.

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:06 - May 11 with 4739 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 09:01 - May 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Are Cambridge not planning on offering him a deal then? Surely his goals this season are worth a year at least.

I would imagine Cambridge have offered him another deal, but after the season he just had he knows there are going to be better deals elsewhere. It was reported Plymouth and Bristol Rovers were after him, with Rovers likely to offer more.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:16 - May 11 with 4738 viewsmfb_cufc

In other news Tranmere have sacked manager Keith Hill despite reaching the League Two play-offs. Tranmere chairman Mark Palios said: "Despite success achieved on the pitch in the form of securing a place in the play-offs and reaching the EFL Trophy, in the play-offs an entire season gets distilled into two or three games. "I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin."

Who wants to be the manager of this club when you get treated like this. Just to think this idiot Palios was once Chief Executive of the FA.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:32 - May 11 with 4735 viewsdurham_exile

Mick,

Paul Mullin is sadly not going to sign for us, he will want League One football.

Quigley offers a good fit for the club and with all the money that we have at our disposal time to invest in a real player to fire us to League One.

Sadly it looks as though we will have to settle for some Ipswich former players!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:50 - May 11 with 4722 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:16 - May 11 by mfb_cufc

In other news Tranmere have sacked manager Keith Hill despite reaching the League Two play-offs. Tranmere chairman Mark Palios said: "Despite success achieved on the pitch in the form of securing a place in the play-offs and reaching the EFL Trophy, in the play-offs an entire season gets distilled into two or three games. "I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin."

Who wants to be the manager of this club when you get treated like this. Just to think this idiot Palios was once Chief Executive of the FA.

Madness! They were 13th when he took over in November. They should think themselves fortunate to be in the play offs. I hope they don't even make the final now.

Ins for 21/22 season on 15:10 - May 11 with 4714 viewsburnsieespana

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:50 - May 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Madness! They were 13th when he took over in November. They should think themselves fortunate to be in the play offs. I hope they don't even make the final now.

The duo who are now back in charge for the playoffs were those immediately in charge before Hill arrived and I believe were unbeaten in 8 games winning 5!
Ins for 21/22 season on 12:45 - May 24 with 4486 viewsburnsieespana

Not sure how reliable they are but footballleagueworld.co.uk are stating Skuse is a done deal to move to us from Ipswich.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 9:49]
Ins for 21/22 season on 23:23 - May 24 with 4397 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 12:45 - May 24 by burnsieespana

Not sure how reliable they are but footballleagueworld.co.uk are stating Skuse is a done deal to move to us from Ipswich.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 9:49]

Burnsie, have read the same article.

Cole Skuse 35 midfielder signing from Ipswich.

He will bring experience if nothing else.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024