Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins for 21/22 season 13:51 - May 5 with 21679 viewsburnsieespana

According to twitter we are apparently looking at Kyle Hudlin of Solihull Moors FC.
Suspect we will be linked with huge number of potential signing this summer so thought worth a new thread.
Ins for 21/22 season on 21:03 - Jun 11 with 1469 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:08 - Jun 11 by burnsieespana

Smith under contract.
Seen rumour big Frank looking at rejoining us or Swindon as had a good relationship with J McG.
Am happy with signings at moment and good to get done.
Not convinced Sears or Huyws would be good signings due to injury records but trouble is we don't know reason for lack of games for both was after recovering
Still waiting for the Assistant Head Coach to be announced. Anybody seen or heard any rumours?
Considering club have yet to announce season ticket sales so no income from that source we seem to be prepared to invest serious money in signings

The U's plus a selection of other clubs are interested in 25 year old striker Danilo Orsi-Dadomo from Maidenhead United. He scored 19 goals for the club last season after transferring from Hampton.

All I would say is that if we were fortunate enough to secure his services, then he would have to play and not warm the bench like other former non-league strikers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 06:09 - Jun 12 with 1422 viewsnoah4x4

I presume by "Other non-league strikers that warmed the bench" that is a reference to Dan Holman, who didn't set the world on fire even after getting his opportunity elsewhere. I never rated him from what I saw of him in other games. He didn't make the regular First XI because he couldn't hack it.

Admittedly mistakes have been made, example, Bonne, but were the real issues player attitude? I recall U's fans hating "Fat Jack" Marriott when he was on loan and some criticising the signing of Michael Antonio and look what happened to them. We all have our opinions, but we don't see players in training. If a player doesn't appear to be getting his opportunities, the management must have a reason, like match fitness or match sharpness. Stepping into the EFL is a major leap. I have seen this in professional cricket, players that score hundreds for fun, then struggle at the next level.
Ins for 21/22 season on 10:32 - Jun 12 with 1396 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 06:09 - Jun 12 by noah4x4

I presume by "Other non-league strikers that warmed the bench" that is a reference to Dan Holman, who didn't set the world on fire even after getting his opportunity elsewhere. I never rated him from what I saw of him in other games. He didn't make the regular First XI because he couldn't hack it.

Admittedly mistakes have been made, example, Bonne, but were the real issues player attitude? I recall U's fans hating "Fat Jack" Marriott when he was on loan and some criticising the signing of Michael Antonio and look what happened to them. We all have our opinions, but we don't see players in training. If a player doesn't appear to be getting his opportunities, the management must have a reason, like match fitness or match sharpness. Stepping into the EFL is a major leap. I have seen this in professional cricket, players that score hundreds for fun, then struggle at the next level.

Noah for once I wasn't remotely thinking about Macca Bonne or anyone specifically. Those ships have sailed and we must move on.
It was just a statement of fact.

I wasn't aware than anyone ever criticised the loan signing of Antonio - he is probably the best loan signing ever but you will recall than even he warmed the bench rather than being allowed to use his electric pace.

The interest in non league strikers is realistic because they are cheaper than proven league strikers. But if we are to make a statement next season then a proven goal scorer at our level is essential.

If we secure Alan Judge and one other then perhaps we can challenge at the right end of the table.

After all we are rebuilding after seasons of stagnation.

I feel confident about next season and will feel even more positive when our striker options have been increased.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 12:06 - Jun 12 with 1382 viewsburnsieespana

I see Josh Coley (winger) has been signed by Exeter from Maidenhead for an undisclosed fee.
Maidenhead do have a history of producing players and then selling to league clubs for a fee.
Alan Devonshire is a canny operator but snag I think is they only play part time so a big step up.
Ins for 21/22 season on 13:50 - Jun 12 with 1359 viewsLeadbelly

It’s clear from the clear out at the end of the season and from the signings made so far that Mullins is prioritising character over alleged technical ability. Show ponies are great on occasion but I much prefer a side full of grafters that put in a shift every game and play as a team.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ins for 21/22 season on 10:21 - Jun 13 with 1292 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:19 - Jun 10 by mfb_cufc

There is a rumour for Joss Labadie of Newport. As he has never played for Ipswich it is probably not true.

Wrong with that one. He signed for Walsall.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 09:54 - Jun 15 with 1168 viewsDaniel

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:58 - Jun 11 by wessex_exile

You'd think so for now, but remind me what's happened with Tommy Smith - is he one of those yet to sign a new contract?

Also, even though he's been released by Plymouth, I'm guessing big Frank won't be coming back if it hasn't been announced by now?

Nouble's in talks about returning (says today's Gazette)

To answer your question about Smith, he signed a two-year deal when I joined us last summer.
Ins for 21/22 season on 16:24 - Jun 15 with 1122 viewsDaniel

New signing and assistant to be announced this evening.

I doubt Nouble will be the signing as he was running around Plymouth at lunchtime (well that's what he posted on twitter)
Login to get fewer ads

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:57 - Jun 15 with 1113 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:24 - Jun 15 by Daniel

I doubt Nouble will be the signing as he was running around Plymouth at lunchtime (well that's what he posted on twitter)

The new signing is an experienced forward. Probably Freddie Sears I would imagine.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:15 - Jun 15 with 1109 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:24 - Jun 15 by Daniel

Throwing you off the scent. Classic Nouble.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:07 - Jun 15 with 1069 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:57 - Jun 15 by mfb_cufc

The new signing is an experienced forward. Probably Freddie Sears I would imagine.

Spot on Mick, Sears is back.

Do we have to change our name with a surfeit of Ipswich players in our midst?

Up the North Essex U's with a flavour of Suffolk Punch!

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:08 - Jun 15 with 1069 viewsburnsieespana

Personally am in two minds over the resigning to Sears.
I
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:11 - Jun 15 with 1065 viewsbwildered

Alex Dyer, new Assistant Manager.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:23 - Jun 15 with 1051 viewsburnsieespana

An interesting career record without being outstanding. No experience Managing in EFL!;
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:27 - Jun 15 with 1049 viewsFruitbat

Dyer looks an interesting appointment, been around a long time and brings fresh eyes. Presumably knows Mullins from West Ham.

Less excited by Sears. His record for us was 1 in 3 but at Ipswich was only 1 in 6, albeit at a higher level. Hope he gets a hat full but 4 goals in 2 seasons is a concern.
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:31 - Jun 15 with 1046 viewsburnsieespana

Suppose if we can get Nouble back a little and large partnership could work!
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:32 - Jun 15 with 1046 viewswessex_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:27 - Jun 15 by Fruitbat

Dyer looks an interesting appointment, been around a long time and brings fresh eyes. Presumably knows Mullins from West Ham.

Less excited by Sears. His record for us was 1 in 3 but at Ipswich was only 1 in 6, albeit at a higher level. Hope he gets a hat full but 4 goals in 2 seasons is a concern.

Most of Freddie's appearances in 2019/20 were off the bench, and he tended to score on the few occasions he did start. I haven't got the patience to wade through his 2020/21 record, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of those were off the bench?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:38 - Jun 15 with 1034 viewsthrillseeker

I fear I am losing the faith after 42 years

Yet another signing that has underwhelmed me.

It makes me wonder whether we have scouts and if we do are they scared to go no further than Ipswich - easy option
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:44 - Jun 15 with 1029 viewsFruitbat

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:32 - Jun 15 by wessex_exile

Most of Freddie's appearances in 2019/20 were off the bench, and he tended to score on the few occasions he did start. I haven't got the patience to wade through his 2020/21 record, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of those were off the bench?

Rather sadly, I've just looked it up!

League one only, last two seasons 16 starts plus 20 more from the bench. 2 goals, both scored in starts.
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:45 - Jun 15 with 1027 viewsburnsieespana

So far Sears is the only one I have doubts about but hope to be proven wrong
Skuse and Chambers good signings and highly rated
Sears is an odd one in many respects because when he first joined IT he scored well playing a central role but then virtually all his future games were playing wide which both cut down his chances and damaged his confidence.
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:59 - Jun 15 with 1012 viewsnoah4x4

My theory is that we don't like paying relocation expenses, hotels and housing support assistance. Hope I am proved wrong, but disappointed that we have no greater ambition than Sears. I thought him limited when last here.
Ins for 21/22 season on 20:16 - Jun 15 with 1005 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 16:57 - Jun 15 by mfb_cufc

Well done again mfb.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:18 - Jun 15 with 1003 viewsLeadbelly

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:11 - Jun 15 by bwildered

Alex Dyer, new Assistant Manager.

Interesting appointment. As well as having been a manager and assistant manager he also has experience in sports science and conditioning. Perhaps the most important thing is that he was HM’s choice.

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:19 - Jun 15 with 1001 viewsLeadbelly

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:07 - Jun 15 by durham_exile

Spot on Mick, Sears is back.

Do we have to change our name with a surfeit of Ipswich players in our midst?

Up the North Essex U's with a flavour of Suffolk Punch!

Ipswich are clearly now our feeder club

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:23 - Jun 15 with 998 viewsLeadbelly

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:44 - Jun 15 by Fruitbat

Rather sadly, I've just looked it up!

League one only, last two seasons 16 starts plus 20 more from the bench. 2 goals, both scored in starts.

Sears returning is not that exciting to be honest but if he stays fit and is used correctly I reckon he’ll do OK in L2.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024